• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion What's Hardest Thing for A Small Youtube Channel?

Jungles travels

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
For me I find the hardest thing is just attracting views, I think this is the same for the majority of new channels. The response to my content has been positive which is really pleasing so I know I'm heading down the right path. All it takes is that one video to get picked up and go viral which fingers crossed will happen eventually. Even if it doesn't though I'm honestly not bothered as the main person I am doing my channel for is me because I enjoy doing it. Saw one thread on here where somebody commented they were losing subs and getting peed at it and that if it continues they are going to ditch their channel. To me they are doing it for the wrong reason. Do it for love not money... Or the pursuit of potential money. All the top creators share one thing in my mind. And that is they do it because they love it.
Keep creating guys. Good luck to everyone

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
For me I find the hardest thing is just attracting views, I think this is the same for the majority of new channels. The response to my content has been positive which is really pleasing so I know I'm heading down the right path. All it takes is that one video to get picked up and go viral which fingers crossed will happen eventually. Even if it doesn't though I'm honestly not bothered as the main person I am doing my channel for is me because I enjoy doing it. Saw one thread on here where somebody commented they were losing subs and getting peed at it and that if it continues they are going to ditch their channel. To me they are doing it for the wrong reason. Do it for love not money... Or the pursuit of potential money. All the top creators share one thing in my mind. And that is they do it because they love it.
Keep creating guys. Good luck to everyone

The thing is YouTube is looking to serve your content to an audience. However, do you have enough of that content that makes sense to share one after the other to an audience? If so how is the audience responding. Attracting viewers comes down to Thumbnail, Topic, and of course how good the video is at keeping people watching. Most people never go viral, so I wouldn't focus on something we can't control. I'd focus on the content I'm making for my audience. Most people i've helped who have gone viral, did that and it happened. However, they never really planned for it.

PhatBeetz

Recognized Member
Subscriber Goal
You have to enjoy what you do in order to even make the effort to do it on a regular basis, much less put up content on a social media platform about it. If you start with just making money in mind, you'll eventually give up because you don't have a passion for the vehicle that you wanted to use.

I've just started out and am very new to the scene, and my passion is to simply create content that people might enjoy. I have a great deal of respect for those who have YouTube as a business or as a way to complement their careers. I also believe that it's a big world and that there's no reason why you can't succeed in this medium!

That being said, I believe my current problem is how to organically grow an audience via SEO. I'm very new to marketing.

I'm enjoying the journey, though!

Reactions: TubeBuddy

Somalian

Ive been having issues on and off with thumbnail, and upload of such.
This is why my subscriber are so low. And lastly presentation of layout of my materials.

Hayde24

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
To most of us YouTube will be a marathon, not a sprint. Always try to improve and make your next video better than your previous one. It took me about 7 months to go from 20-100 subs (don't know how long 0-100 was). It took me about 2 years and 2 months to go from 100 - 1000 subs. From that just 9 months to go from 1000 - 2000. Now I'm working to get to 3k.
ThatΓÇÖs inspirational. ItΓÇÖs so hard to be optimistic sometimes to reach the target

GrumpaOriginal

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I'm in a very saturated and hard niche to grow, gaming. I am ready for the long haul and see what happens. but at the end of the day, it makes me happy, and that's what matters. Views and Subs are very hard to acquire, but I will be here as long as Youtube allows me, and I have the ability to be.

Reactions: PhatBeetz

PhatBeetz

Recognized Member
Subscriber Goal
I'm in a very saturated and hard niche to grow, gaming. I am ready for the long haul and see what happens. but at the end of the day, it makes me happy, and that's what matters. Views and Subs are very hard to acquire, but I will be here as long as Youtube allows me, and I have the ability to be.

Ditto! In this niche, different is definitely better than better!

Best of luck to you!

Reactions: GrumpaOriginal

hungryvactions

you may have to face this kind of problems:
  • how to speak in front of the camera
  • how to edit thumbnails (photos)
  • how to edit videos
  • how to market videos
  • how ranking works
  • how to be creative
Then after some time, it would probably be difficult. However, if you just start, learn and grow slowly, step by step, you will eventually be familiar

Ralph Burrows

Subscriber Goal
The hardest thing for me is to see the sub count go down. My sub count has been steadily growing (+130 last month as an example) but I'm still small enough for it to be individual days where my sub count go down and it's a little bit ruff mentally to see your sub count be lover than it was yesterday.
same here, didnt know how to word it though

Styx Gaming

I think the hardest thing is staying motivated when you dont see any progress. I've been posting daily for months now and I'm still barely seeing any growth. Only 76 subs.

PartyOf4PR

The hardest thing so far is getting organized to release the content on time. IΓÇÖm trying to do recording and editing on fridays for posting within the next 1-2 weeks, then Edit and schedule for Sunday and Wednesday.
Also, trying not to focus in the numbers (subscribers and views) is hard. I know at this point I just have to focus on getting content out but oh well!!!

Niki Proshin

Known Member
I think the hardest thing is staying motivated when you dont see any progress. I've been posting daily for months now and I'm still barely seeing any growth. Only 76 subs.

That was on Friday, and now you got 82 subs! Good luck to you, man!

Personally for me, the hardest thing was (and still is) to speak to the camera naturally. When I am staying in front of a camera alone, that's so damn hard! But when I am staying with friends and we vlog together, that get so much easier to speak.
Another little problem is the language, English is not my first language but I still create videos in English.

som_offbeat

TubeBuddy Pro
I think the hardest part to grow subscribers. You can get good views with proper SEO and doing promotion to other social platforms. But how to grow on the subscriber, I myself struggling with that.

White Bread

TubeBuddy Pro
It's not so much youtube that's frustrating (although it is very much so), but it's more about finding the time in life to dedicate to our youtube channel. It's hard having thousands of great ideas for videos and having to go at a snails pace because of outside work getting in the way. Especially, because we live on the absolute bare minimum, never by new clothes, do everything DIY, bare essentials for food and water, and we even share a phone. So it's not like we can just "cut back" or "tighten our belts" while we take time off from work. We'd have to live in a tent to do that, but then we wouldn't have a place to plug in our computer to make all the content, unless we went 100% mobile, but it's just not the same for what we want to do, especially when original music is such a big part of it...let's not even mention the internet and electricity bill to do this. Bleh, but alas, it's not all that bad, but that's the toughest. Although, the nice thing about this problem is knowing that we will never run into writer's block or anything like that because we will always have a backlog miles long, even if we end up full-time youtubers in the near future.

Reactions: Niki Proshin

zhugelianges

Recognized Member
Subscribers, definitely Getting Subs are the most difficult stuff
I have decent amount of views for my videos, yet my subs increased by 100+ for a month only...It's virtually impossible for me to reach 10K subs...