• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion What's Hardest Thing for A Small Youtube Channel?

OP
OP
craftfornaught

craftfornaught

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Well, I don't think you have to make things fancier or spend more time or money. It's just a matter of placing your products for sale on Ebay or Etsy.
Ah it depends on my location, i'm from Vietnam and Ebay or Amazon doesn't support my country .
Etsy i don't know it , just heard the name

OP
OP
craftfornaught

craftfornaught

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
i don't understand like child actor on screen, but maybe they have a special law for these situations. But Coppa For Youtube is no mercy, my channel will be classified for kids even it's not my intension from the beginning

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Sure, but when your channel grows, you need invest more time, pay more ads.v..v.v

The amount of time invested would grow if that time is available and if I have enough fun to invest it in this and not something else. When it comes to ads I don't believe that's the direction to go for my type of channel, since my main content is guides/tutorials most people just watch my video to get the information they where after and then leave, they don't stick around and visit my channel daily. I actually tried it out two years ago and didn't get much out of it.

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
The hardest thing for me is seeing YouTubers who only see themselves as YouTubers instead of entrepreneurs.

I would say that it depents on your goals. If you are just doing YouTube for fun, it's your hobby then you are not a entrepreneur. But if your YouTube channel is a part of you business or you have a long time goal to live of YouTube money then you clearly need to start thinking like an entrepreneur and work your *** off building your business. Myself I'm somewhere in between. It's my hobby, something I do because I enjoy it, if I make any money it's just a bonus. But I have always had some sort of entrepreneur mind, even when I was young I found ways to make money out of my hobbies and since I'm a pretty competitive person I'm not happy if my video is number 20 in a search, I want to be number one so if I'm not number one I start studdying what I can change to improve my rank etc.

Reactions: TakeEachDay

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I would say that it depents on your goals. If you are just doing YouTube for fun, it's your hobby then you are not a entrepreneur. But if your YouTube channel is a part of you business or you have a long time goal to live of YouTube money then you clearly need to start thinking like an entrepreneur and work your *** off building your business. Myself I'm somewhere in between. It's my hobby, something I do because I enjoy it, if I make any money it's just a bonus. But I have always had some sort of entrepreneur mind, even when I was young I found ways to make money out of my hobbies and since I'm a pretty competitive person I'm not happy if my video is number 20 in a search, I want to be number one so if I'm not number one I start studdying what I can change to improve my rank etc.

I think it's possible to do both. YouTube started as my hobby and now is my career and goes into my future of film-making. I think there are bonuses to both, and love how civil this conversation is going. Thank you everyone :)

Reactions: craftfornaught

Retro Reels

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
As said above, it is sometimes soul destroying when you see your subs have gone down. I am making videos with the goal of being able to convert it into a full time income in the future. I have learnt that you must be happy with what you are doing just as a hobby, as getting the required 1000 subs and 4000 hours is only a guarantee that your channel will be reviewed, not necessarily be approved for monetisation.
If my channel doesn't get accepted, I will be disappointed, but will still strive to produce good content as it could lead to to bigger and better things if the right people recognise your talent.

OP
OP
craftfornaught

craftfornaught

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
The amount of time invested would grow if that time is available and if I have enough fun to invest it in this and not something else. When it comes to ads I don't believe that's the direction to go for my type of channel, since my main content is guides/tutorials most people just watch my video to get the information they where after and then leave, they don't stick around and visit my channel daily. I actually tried it out two years ago and didn't get much out of it.
Mine is tutorial too, these kind of channel doesn't get much attention

OP
OP
craftfornaught

craftfornaught

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
As said above, it is sometimes soul destroying when you see your subs have gone down. I am making videos with the goal of being able to convert it into a full time income in the future. I have learnt that you must be happy with what you are doing just as a hobby, as getting the required 1000 subs and 4000 hours is only a guarantee that your channel will be reviewed, not necessarily be approved for monetisation.
If my channel doesn't get accepted, I will be disappointed, but will still strive to produce good content as it could lead to to bigger and better things if the right people recognise your talent.
Keep doing yours!
Good Luck !
If you try , you will see the result!

Reactions: Retro Reels
OP
OP
craftfornaught

craftfornaught

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
1000 subcribes. hahah i cannot imagine that i could achieve !
Right now, i still don't understand why? hahah ( Not paying money for ads)
Even 1 new subscriber is a gold for me.
If you have only 1 Hit, your channel will be Superman ^^!!!!!!! My channel is boring for kids, hahah but too childish for adults :))

takaliuang

TubeBuddy Pro
www.takaliuang.info
Subscriber Goal
If you are not famous people like me and just start a new YT channel and not english speaking, then:

1-100 subs was painfull and sorrow ...
100-1000 subs was crazy long journey
I can tell! but after 1K...your channel will be moving faster...

I uploaded two video each month since begining (2018 January) and needed 16 months to reach 1K subs, and waiting the next 6 months to be monetized by YT. Now I have 6K subs and it is growing. I just received my adsense pin last week.

Keep uploading and share a great valueable content, SEO and always keep the community guidelines on your channel and one day you'll be there!

I also have my other YT channel (when first time subscribed to gmail and YT). It became my fun and traveling channel. It is now reviewed by YT after I reached 1K subs on 2019 September.

Last edited:
OP
OP
craftfornaught

craftfornaught

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
If you are not famous people like me and just start a new YT channel and not english speaking, then:

1-100 subs was painfull and sorrow ...
100-1000 subs was crazy long journey
I can tell! but after 1K...your channel will be moving faster...

I uploaded two video each month since begining (2018 January) and needed 16 months to reach 1K subs, and waiting the next 6 months to be monetized by YT. Now I have 6K subs and it is growing. I just received my adsense pin last week.

Keep uploading and share a great valueable content, SEO and always keep the community guidelines on your channel and one day you'll be there!

I also have my other YT channel (when first time subscribed to gmail and YT). It became my fun and traveling channel. It is now reviewed by YT after I reached 1K subs on 2019 September.
Just Amazing but it's sometime very frustrated!

Reactions: TakeEachDay