• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion What's Hardest Thing for A Small Youtube Channel?

Tenille

TubeBuddy Pro
I think the hardest thing for many smaller creators is to actually get the exposure needed to grow. They find it hard to get their videos in front of people.

The biggest 3 tips I would give creators struggling to grow are:
  1. Pick a channel niche and stick to it.
  2. Spend time studying that niche and find content that has worked for others and make the video better but in your own way (Do not copy!)
  3. Set a schedule. Even if it is once a week, or 8 times a month, set a solid scehdule of day and time.
But in all honesty, make sure you enjoy it the process. You will not makes large sums of money straight away or ever. So stay focused on the content you make, not the analytics.

OP
OP
craftfornaught

craftfornaught

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Is it helpful to upload your content on multi-platform like Youtube and Facebook together or is it recommended to upload on Youtube and then provide the YT link in Facebook page?
We fear that if we upload on FB as well, we may loose views on YT. Please suggest.
You upload both directly on FB with your Youtube Link, i think it's good. You may have a new audience. Facebook have pages, groups, community . You will lose nothing ^^

hungryvactions

There are millions of videos on YouTube, all in one huge pile. All the known YouTubers will be on the

top, and for those starting out, they're at the bottom where they'll never be seen. People will constantly

watch the famous ones, but will never know of the new ones.
Small YouTube channels will probably never show up in my feed,
Which is why you should constantly upload good content to attract potential subscribers.

Reactions: craftfornaught

hungryvactions

There are millions of videos on YouTube, all in one huge pile. All the known YouTubers will be on the top, and for those starting out, they're at the bottom where they'll never be seen. People will constantly watch the famous ones, but will never know of the new ones.
Which is why you should constantly upload good content to attract potential subscribers.

OP
OP
craftfornaught

craftfornaught

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
There are millions of videos on YouTube, all in one huge pile. All the known YouTubers will be on the top, and for those starting out, they're at the bottom where they'll never be seen. People will constantly watch the famous ones, but will never know of the new ones.
Youtube make us do the hardest part My Friends^^!

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
There are lots of YouTubers who have posted about MCNs over the past several years. Since people know how horrible they are now, they don't use them, thus today there aren't as many people posting videos about them.

Just stick to learning basic business and marketing skills to build your YouTube channel.

I worked for an MCN, they use to help, but not anymore. Unless they are ACTUALLY Working for you, and getting you deals, don't sign up with one. Most of them, just take a % of your revenue, and for what? A community? You get one for FREE being here, Music? Is upwards of 30% of what you make worth a few music tracks? I'd say avoid. I agree with Damon.

Impire Magazine

To most of us YouTube will be a marathon, not a sprint. Always try to improve and make your next video better than your previous one. It took me about 7 months to go from 20-100 subs (don't know how long 0-100 was). It took me about 2 years and 2 months to go from 100 - 1000 subs. From that just 9 months to go from 1000 - 2000. Now I'm working to get to 3k.
That's great growth. I'm hoping to meet a YouTuber to Collab and cross promote with to keep the subscribers satisfied.

Mama's vlog

TubeBuddy User
Waiting for 1000 subscribers is the hardest thing for me.
I have started my youtube channel.
Its all about cooking
After 16 days i have just 52 subscribers
I want to get more subscribers and views fast
But it is very tough task

Reactions: craftfornaught

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I think the hardest thing for many smaller creators is to actually get the exposure needed to grow. They find it hard to get their videos in front of people.

The biggest 3 tips I would give creators struggling to grow are:
  1. Pick a channel niche and stick to it.
  2. Spend time studying that niche and find content that has worked for others and make the video better but in your own way (Do not copy!)
  3. Set a schedule. Even if it is once a week, or 8 times a month, set a solid scehdule of day and time.
But in all honesty, make sure you enjoy it the process. You will not makes large sums of money straight away or ever. So stay focused on the content you make, not the analytics.

Really solid ones here. I know I struggled on this when I started. ESPECIALLY setting a schedule and sticking with it XD

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Even though I have 24k subscribers, I still see myself as a "small" channel compared to the 100k+ and I still find watch time and keeping my audience retention up a challenge. All a learning process, and I'm still learning my craft 5+ years on :)

That's why I say I'm always learning. You're never done, always more to learn and know, and that makes it SO Much fun for me :) I do hope this is fun for many :)

• Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws
OP
OP
craftfornaught

craftfornaught

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Even though I have 24k subscribers, I still see myself as a "small" channel compared to the 100k+ and I still find watch time and keeping my audience retention up a challenge. All a learning process, and I'm still learning my craft 5+ years on :)
so i'm like a dust in the wind haha

Waiting for 1000 subscribers is the hardest thing for me.
I have started my youtube channel.
Its all about cooking
After 16 days i have just 52 subscribers
I want to get more subscribers and views fast
But it is very tough task
it's not easy to get 1 new sub

That's great growth. I'm hoping to meet a YouTuber to Collab and cross promote with to keep the subscribers satisfied.
subscriber is our problem!!!!

There are millions of videos on YouTube, all in one huge pile. All the known YouTubers will be on the

top, and for those starting out, they're at the bottom where they'll never be seen. People will constantly

watch the famous ones, but will never know of the new ones.
ahhh my rank is 4.600.000 th hahahaah,. so i''m vanished right!!!
Don't mind to much , just create your own videos with all your passion and patience ^^

MidlifewithSweetT

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The hardest thing for me is that the majority of my friends are not watching youTube. As a result, I feel like I am begging for them to even check out a video! I feel like being younger would be a huge advantage. I am trying not to get discouraged. As you said, it takes time. I have been a youtube addict for a few years but evidently I am the minority in the midlife age group!

The Weekend Hack

Subscriber Goal
Ive been very pleased with my growth.. 24 straight months of view and subscriber growth averaging 2 uploads a week.. then January 2020 hit. My views drastically dropped, and ive lost more subscribers than ive gained. Almost like YouTube said f this guy and pulled the rug out from under my small channel. Actually noticed a steady decline starting in july, and from then on ive been experimenting with new content type still in the same sport niche I'm in, while keeping up on my core content production..

My thumbs up far out number my thumbs down. My CTR is decent. My average watch time has quadrupled from 2018 to 2019. My ave view per viewer is well over 1, approaching two.. basically everything all the help channels say to do, I'm doing, yet still I'm losing subs. Especially when i upload a video,i know I'll lose between 2 and 10 subscribers, and for a channel with 800 plus subs, that's a large amount of your base.

I'm getting to the point in which if things dont improve in the next 120 days, I'm tossing in the towel as the last 6 months only thing ive been seeing is red numbers. I dont see a reason to spend the 30 hours a week creating and editing (my stuff is edit heavy) to see my followers and views decline and I'm not interested in producing content for a dead channel.

ceasero

TubeBuddy Legend
Subscriber Goal
whats hard for me now is the subscriber count. it's not increasing stuck at the same number.

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
whats hard for me now is the subscriber count. it's not increasing stuck at the same number.

Don't give up, your channels is still very new and you only have a handful of videos. To most people YouTube will be a marathon not a sprint. For my channel it took about 7 months to go from 20-100 subs (don't know how long 0-100 was). It took me about 2 years and 2 months to go from 100 - 1000 subs. From that just 9 months to go from 1000 - 2000. So it's sort of a snowball effect, I'm hoping to go from 2k to 10k quicker than 0-2000 took.

Imagen if you creat three videos each week and really try to make every new video better than your previous one. In two years you will have hundreds of quality videos that drive traffic and subscribers to your channel.