• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion What's Hardest Thing for A Small Youtube Channel?

OP
OP
craftfornaught

craftfornaught

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
The hardest thing for me is seeing hate comments and loss of subs but hey that shouldnt stop me from perservering.
Me too, it's hurtful, but they don't even know you in person!
Ignore them , in your real life too.
Loss of sub is normal problem , Don't let Youtube use you or control you by their score ^^

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
For me I try to focus on the number of uploads I put up, and that has made me happier for content creation. I can't control # of subs, but I can control # of uploads.

Yup! The quality/quantity of uploads is the only thing any of us can control. Someone mentioned getting to 1k subs and things growing well from there, not for me it's still a grind. The quality of my uploads, getting better. The quantity, remains about the same. The net result is a greater number of sales on my Web site.

There comes a point when views and subs are just vanity metrics that don't mean much on the business side of things.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
There comes a point when views and subs are just vanity metrics that don't mean much on the business side of things.

Depends the business, for me in what I do they work as a "Proof" of sorts. That helps me keep employed, so for my field it does matter haha! I get how it matters to others, but for my creativity and sanity, uploads has been the metric to focus on.

• Love
Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
craftfornaught

craftfornaught

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Depends the business, for me in what I do they work as a "Proof" of sorts. That helps me keep employed, so for my field it does matter haha! I get how it matters to others, but for my creativity and sanity, uploads has been the metric to focus on.
Do you feel the pressure to produce more and more videos?

OP
OP
craftfornaught

craftfornaught

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Yup! The quality/quantity of uploads is the only thing any of us can control. Someone mentioned getting to 1k subs and things growing well from there, not for me it's still a grind. The quality of my uploads, getting better. The quantity, remains about the same. The net result is a greater number of sales on my Web site.

I agreed!

Senior Notions

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
I upload my video weekly, but everything not seems right, i can't reach to the new audience.
Tell me about your problem!

Hi craftfornaught!

The hardest part for me is finding the time between the blog and videos. Congratulations, you have done so well already! You have such a talent!

Did you post for a review in the Feedback Forum. I've gotten a lot of good advice doing this. Read the Sticky thread there from Andrew so you know what to write for it.

Good luck! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
craftfornaught

craftfornaught

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi craftfornaught!

The hardest part for me is finding the time between the writing the blog and making videos. Congratulations, you have done so well already! You have such a talent!

Did you post for a review in the Feedback Forum. I've gotten a lot of good advice doing this. Read the Sticky thread there from Andrew so you know what to write for it.

Good luck! :)
ah no i'm not !
Thank you ! For me, if i have only 1 audience , i feel so happy , i will make more videos !
Writing is the best part, i cannot do it ^^ ! You could make your video shorter !

OP
OP
craftfornaught

craftfornaught

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Ain't that the truth! They subscribe and never watch again, lol!
Sometime, i feel like Youtube treat us who will become famous celebs but no one recognize ha ha:)) They require us to do smt, to be like that.......
When you apply for MCN because you r just a small youtuber, but they refuse bc you r so small :)) . if i'm a big star, should i join them ?

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
There are lots of YouTubers who have posted about MCNs over the past several years. Since people know how horrible they are now, they don't use them, thus today there aren't as many people posting videos about them.

Just stick to learning basic business and marketing skills to build your YouTube channel.

Reactions: Ikerot
OP
OP
craftfornaught

craftfornaught

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Some maybe was hided for sure, in my country Yeah 1 Tv was the biggest MCN, but they did break the law, recently, Youtube ended their contract. And then they moved to Freedom ( still belong toYEAH1)
I knew about these things, but so many pp ask me about that, i wondered why they not google!!!!!!!
So i just want to share every infos and my experiences. The fact that in my location CPM is very low, so you cannot earn money if you don't have MCN.
I don't care bc it's my hobby, it's fun to have a platform like Youtube. That's all!

Reactions: TakeEachDay
OP
OP
craftfornaught

craftfornaught

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
There are lots of YouTubers who have posted about MCNs over the past several years. Since people know how horrible they are now, they don't use them, thus today there aren't as many people posting videos about them.

Just stick to learning basic business and marketing skills to build your YouTube channel.
I don't know your area, but for sure, there is the big diffenrence between every country.

tadkatwist

TubeBuddy Star
Is it helpful to upload your content on multi-platform like Youtube and Facebook together or is it recommended to upload on Youtube and then provide the YT link in Facebook page?
We fear that if we upload on FB as well, we may loose views on YT. Please suggest.