• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion What's Hardest Thing for A Small Youtube Channel?

Sharmarahul7887

Subscriber Goal
The biggest problems faced by new YouTuber is getting views or making new audience. It is very painful when we work with full efforts and our content is not reached to their audience and it is biggest problem faced by new youtuber in my view.

Reactions: blackbeltsecrets

blackbeltsecrets

BlackBeltBarrister
www.blackbeltbarrister.com
Subscriber Goal
Definitely getting your first views! Everything else just takes time, practice, and, if you want good equipment, money - but even with that, you can just use a phone and it will be great these days.

I'm just starting a new vlog channel, so I'm really anxious about getting those first views in!!

Reactions: TakeEachDay

blackbeltsecrets

BlackBeltBarrister
Subscriber Goal
Subscribers, definitely Getting Subs are the most difficult stuff
I have decent amount of views for my videos, yet my subs increased by 100+ for a month only...It's virtually impossible for me to reach 10K subs...

That's really interesting, mine is currently the opposite - subscribers are growing but my views have really dropped off!

• Haha
Reactions: zhugelianges

blackbeltsecrets

BlackBeltBarrister
Subscriber Goal
Nah, my friend, your views are not bad neither!!!
Just curious, how much did you spend on equipment, camera and scene setting?
Hey, thanks! Yea, I'm trying to pick the channel back up...
The most popular videos were recorded on a REALLY old camcorder and a basic Canon 1000D! Only much later, I re-invested in a Canon 7D mk II and better microphones.

Because I do voiceovers, I'd say the best value-added purchase was the Yeti Blu Mic. Simply brilliant. I somewhat regret the Canon 7D and wish I'd have gone for the 70D / 80D because of the flipout screen, but I went with something that would also be a great camera but hey-ho!

I've bought various other things like greenscreens but honestly don't think they're necessary.

I've since done other videos and just made the background look nice and don't bother with the g/s.

Breakingbrowderfarm

Subscriber Goal
Yes, getting new subscribers seems painfully slow. I have only published 30 videos so far, so I'm hoping the "snowball" effect is true. Good luck to all!
I too am in this same small creator hoping for a snowball. I get up daily and check my subscriber count. If I get one new subscriber I get so excited.

PierrePlaysYT

Subscriber Goal
I would say its growth honestly. With YouTube being super saturated you need large amounts of views to get your content pushed by YouTube no matter how many professional tips you follow as YouTube likes videos that are popular as it keeps people on platform. A lot of small creators seem to think they'll grow overnight and don't realise how long it actually takes

Reactions: TakeEachDay

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think the hardest thing is the realisation that you are not the most important thing. The viewer is and what starts out to be all about you may need to stop. Being a vlogger is one of the hardest types of genres at times because itΓÇÖs not just about content itΓÇÖs about getting the audience to like you and build a rapport with you. To make them to want to check out your new stuff. IΓÇÖve also found that what I had originally wanted for my channel has changed and with that a whole set of new problems arose. I guess is that realisation that expectations donΓÇÖt alway mix with reality and that can be a bitter pill to swallow.

Last edited:
Reactions: W00tkaeppi

Kevin Cross

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
For me is some weeks my subscriber count grow massively then it can go at least 1 week before any new ones come along!

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
imho things take time, and subs will rise and fall, Now I am over 2k I am not too worried by daily fluctuation, it is to be expected
Lol sad when you have a small amount of subs it stings when they leave. Hard not to take it personally but IΓÇÖm learning to.

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I too am in this same small creator hoping for a snowball. I get up daily and check my subscriber count. If I get one new subscriber I get so excited.
The worst is when you get a couple of subscribers and youΓÇÖre like whoo hoo nek minute someone leaves and youΓÇÖre devoed lol. ItΓÇÖs painfully slow in comparison to the work you do.

Kevin Cross

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
The hardest thing for me was not knowing SEO. with 196 videos uploaded I am now having to go through each video find out what happens and create new titles and insert new tags, upgrade thumbnails e.t.c. Thankfully TubeBuddy has saved me countless hours inserting the majority of the description into each video. I have around 40 videos optimised so far, only 150 to go lol!