• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion What's Hardest Thing for A Small Youtube Channel?

craftfornaught

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello Everyone!
I created my channel because i love craft things. But i like the idea that i can make money on Youtube.
After 2.5 months, i became Youtube Partner, but the thing is, the income is from 0 to 0.8...... (very very small amount)
I upload my video weekly, but everything not seems right, i can't reach to the new audience.
Tell me about your problem!

Attachments

• cv.jpg
    cv.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 293

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
The hardest thing for me is to see the sub count go down. My sub count has been steadily growing (+130 last month as an example) but I'm still small enough for it to be individual days where my sub count go down and it's a little bit ruff mentally to see your sub count be lover than it was yesterday.

OP
OP
craftfornaught

craftfornaught

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
The hardest thing for me is to see the sub count go down. My sub count has been steadily growing (+130 last month as an example) but I'm still small enough for it to be individual days where my sub count go down and it's a little bit ruff mentally to see your sub count be lover than it was yesterday.
ah, did you use s for s?
Maybe new policy of youtube ( they shut down so many Youtube account )

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Yes, getting new subscribers seems painfully slow. I have only published 30 videos so far, so I'm hoping the "snowball" effect is true. Good luck to all!

To most of us YouTube will be a marathon, not a sprint. Always try to improve and make your next video better than your previous one. It took me about 7 months to go from 20-100 subs (don't know how long 0-100 was). It took me about 2 years and 2 months to go from 100 - 1000 subs. From that just 9 months to go from 1000 - 2000. Now I'm working to get to 3k.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
To most of us YouTube will be a marathon, not a sprint. Always try to improve and make your next video better than your previous one. It took me about 7 months to go from 20-100 subs (don't know how long 0-100 was). It took me about 2 years and 2 months to go from 100 - 1000 subs. From that just 9 months to go from 1000 - 2000. Now I'm working to get to 3k.

It's also REALLY dependent on number of uploads too and if they connect with your target audience! :)

OP
OP
craftfornaught

craftfornaught

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
What was hard for me was realizing that it will take hard work and a hyper focus on your ideal audience to grow, and if you don't have the catalog of content needed. It becomes harder. Don't expect to grow overnight. Work on providing value, learning SEO and the rest will come!
95% youtuber 's income is lower than 2.5$
In the world, 1% is billionaires and we are 99% @@@@@

Reactions: TakeEachDay
OP
OP
craftfornaught

craftfornaught

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
youtube is your part time or full time job?
That's the deal!

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
youtube is your part time or full time job?
That's the deal!

To me it's just a hobby. Didn't start it for the money and I'm still a very small channel, the small amount I make from my channel is just a bonus.
To call it a part time job I'll probably need to grew to about 15-20 times my current size (amount of views) and for a full time job about 55-60 times my current size. So it looks like it will stay as "just" a hobby for a long time to come, but everyone needs to start somewhere! :)

Best Outdoor Fun

The hardest thing for me is wondering if my videos make sense for my channel. My Channel name is Best Outdoor Fun. It is a family channel and we always make our videos about outdoor activities like swimming in favorite swimming holes, attending festivals and so many other outdoor things. It seems like the popular channels deal with kids playing with toys and marketing toys by doing toy reviews. We have a few thousand subscribers but I would really like that grow it even more. Below is an example of one of our videos:

View: https://youtu.be/5l1YonV4Q-I

OP
OP
craftfornaught

craftfornaught

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
To me it's just a hobby. Didn't start it for the money and I'm still a very small channel, the small amount I make from my channel is just a bonus.
To call it a part time job I'll probably need to grew to about 15-20 times my current size (amount of views) and for a full time job about 55-60 times my current size. So it looks like it will stay as "just" a hobby for a long time to come, but everyone needs to start somewhere! :)
Sure, but when your channel grows, you need invest more time, pay more ads.v..v.v

OP
OP
craftfornaught

craftfornaught

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
The hardest thing for me is wondering if my videos make sense for my channel. My Channel name is Best Outdoor Fun. It is a family channel and we always make our videos about outdoor activities like swimming in favorite swimming holes, attending festivals and so many other outdoor things. It seems like the popular channels deal with kids playing with toys and marketing toys by doing toy reviews. We have a few thousand subscribers but I would really like that grow it even more. Below is an example of one of our videos:

View: https://youtu.be/5l1YonV4Q-I
it's okay for kids, youtube will filter the ads for kids channel, but the problem is your kids images on Youtube!

Reactions: Best Outdoor Fun
OP
OP
craftfornaught

craftfornaught

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
See, I'm not a YouTuber. I'm a fishing tackle maker. YouTube is just the vehicle I use to bring my fishing tackle to market.

The hardest thing for me is seeing YouTubers who only see themselves as YouTubers instead of entrepreneurs.
Because you have your own business!
Many pp have nothing, but a talent about doing crafts, or singing, make up........... and without money, so youtube is a good platform to make it real.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
But that doesn't preclude you from thinking like an entrepreneur. My point is that your mindset changes when you think in business terms instead of just uploading videos.

All businesses start with a single idea, a twinkle in the eye, a hope and a dream. I had nothing, I didn't even have the talent to make fishing tackle. I had to develop a talent first.

The point is I spent time studying and learning about business. YouTube was a way to document the process. Over time that process of becoming a fishing tackle maker built an audience and a business, but I always thought of it as a business from the start. Sadly most YouTubers simply don't think in business terms. They never go beyond a hobby mindset.

If you want a hobby, that's fine. But if you really want to build a YouTube channel, you have to thinking business terms.

Last edited: