• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion What's Hardest Thing for A Small Youtube Channel?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
The hardest thing for me was not knowing SEO. with 196 videos uploaded I am now having to go through each video find out what happens and create new titles and insert new tags, upgrade thumbnails e.t.c. Thankfully TubeBuddy has saved me countless hours inserting the majority of the description into each video. I have around 40 videos optimised so far, only 150 to go lol!

Sorry how long it takes, but it's awesome you're doing the work which will pay off in a big way!

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
For me, the hardest thing for a small YouTube channel is the lack of motivation.

Paulan

TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm a small YouTuber and the problem that I encountered first is how to grow my subscribers. I've tried svs sometime before, but I really stop since I found out it doesn't bring any good in the future. What I did is I stopped that method and then I find ways to learn more everyday on strategies on youtube by watching educational videos and by asking questions specially here in TubeBuddy , I'm hoping to grow and be partner of YouTube someday but I know it really takes time before we can get what we dream. It takes more time and hardwork to find out how to get people's attention . So far, my subscribers didn't change but I'm glad because Tubebuddy tools helped a lot specially keyword explorer it helps my views .

Reactions: Niki Proshin

Niki Proshin

Known Member
For me, the hardest thing is to understand what niche I am creating videos for. Still figuring it out - I started with travel vlogs but then stopped due to the current travel situation. Now all my videos are somehow related to Asia, but still look quite random. A few videos about Chinese and Japanese languages, a few videos about Asian drinks, a few videos about Thailand during these days... Someday I'll figure out what kinda videos I will create consistently, and probably after that my channel will grow faster

• Love
Reactions: Paulan

Skillay

TubeBuddy User
www.skillay.com
Subscriber Goal
The most difficult part is to be consistent with video uploads, to create a schedule and stick to it, and to not focus on numbers first, just keep doing it and come back to numbers 6 months later and analyze what videos performed better and why.

Skillay

TubeBuddy User
www.skillay.com
Subscriber Goal
But that doesn't preclude you from thinking like an entrepreneur. My point is that your mindset changes when you think in business terms instead of just uploading videos.

All businesses start with a single idea, a twinkle in the eye, a hope and a dream. I had nothing, I didn't even have the talent to make fishing tackle. I had to develop a talent first.

The point is I spent time studying and learning about business. YouTube was a way to document the process. Over time that process of becoming a fishing tackle maker built an audience and a business, but I always thought of it as a business from the start. Sadly most YouTuber simply don't think in business terms. They never go beyond a hobby mindset.

If you want a hobby, that's fine. But if you really want to build a YouTube channel, you have to thinking business terms.
I agree with you, thinking like an entrepreneur will get you closer to achieving your goals with youtube.

• Love
Reactions: Damon

DidsLive

didslive.com
Subscriber Goal
The hardest part for me is knowing I knocked the video out of the park, took the time to SEO the heck out of it, and it still flops.

Paulan

TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
For me, the hardest thing is to understand what niche I am creating videos for. Still figuring it out - I started with travel vlogs but then stopped due to the current travel situation. Now all my videos are somehow related to Asia, but still look quite random. A few videos about Chinese and Japanese languages, a few videos about Asian drinks, a few videos about Thailand during these days... Someday I'll figure out what kinda videos I will create consistently, and probably after that my channel will grow faster
Hi Niki After I read your words I remembered myself back then I was so new to YouTube and decided to make a channel about English-Tagalog teaching but then I stop cause I was very low back then on how to edit , how to be good on camera a we bit, I'm shy to show my face on my videos , my previous vids on my niche currently can prove it . I deleted the first uploads about Teaching language I even tried Bible verses and then deleted and change a lot my channel title
I found out that I don't need to think more what topic to upload because it makes me more stressed. I change my niche I decided to make vids what I am doing everyday on our farm and I started to be we bit comfortable. I don't have lot's of sub and views but I'm still there on my niche . It really takes time to get people's attention.

Reactions: Niki Proshin

Dragon Value Home

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
This would be for smaller channels with not yet so meaningful statistics, like mine. I speak for myself, Deciding if i have a great idea for fun or Change direction and Think Business, I would think error on Business then if ya dont grove like that , do it for fun? What is everyone's thought on the subject? Thanks for your time in advance

• Love

Niki Proshin

Known Member
Hi Niki After I read your words I remembered myself back then I was so new to YouTube and decided to make a channel about English-Tagalog teaching but then I stop cause I was very low back then on how to edit , how to be good on camera a we bit, I'm shy to show my face on my videos , my previous vids on my niche currently can prove it . I deleted the first uploads about Teaching language I even tried Bible verses and then deleted and change a lot my channel title
I found out that I don't need to think more what topic to upload because it makes me more stressed. I change my niche I decided to make vids what I am doing everyday on our farm and I started to be we bit comfortable. I don't have lot's of sub and views but I'm still there on my niche . It really takes time to get people's attention.
Good to know other's experience. I agree that it's more comfortable to make videos about what you like doing. Or what you are doing in daily life. That basically what I create on my channel - anything from my daily life what is related to traveling/foreign countries.

• Love

testacct

Subscriber Goal
Hi buddy ... Patience and Persistence that you have shown in growing your channel seems very awesome . all the best .
Try uploading topics that are currently trending . there should be marginal increase in your sub base

Tony4938

TubeBuddy Pro
Hardest thing for me is deciding what to focus on when learning new skills particular to Youtube. I've tried to prioritize certain things, but it hasn't worked, so my mantra now is just to improve at least one element in each video I upload.

Ca55i31984

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
See, I'm not a YouTuber. I'm a fishing tackle maker. YouTube is just the vehicle I use to bring my fishing tackle to market.

The hardest thing for me is seeing YouTubers who only see themselves as YouTubers instead of entrepreneurs.
Wow. That is spot on. I used to feel like just a Youtuber myself just making videos, not seeing results. Although I am still really small, I have a different prospective on my channel trying to get my business off the ground. My husband and I have been really taking all the information this wonderful community has given us and stepping up our work ethic. It does get exhausting, but we will make it.

Bounce Gaming

TubeBuddy User
For a smaller Youtube like myself (less than 10 subs). It's the reality of fighting and scrapping for everything view and sub you can get. Creating and editing content is only half of the work, networking and promotion takes a huge chunk of the time as well.

DiptZy

Subscriber Goal
The hardest thing for me right now is really having the ideas to make content and put it out. Sometimes it comes down to the last second before I post. ThatΓÇÖs my hardest anyway.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
The hardest thing for me right now is really having the ideas to make content and put it out. Sometimes it comes down to the last second before I post. ThatΓÇÖs my hardest anyway.

That's where TubeBuddy's keyword research can REALLY change how you make content :D Especially Keyword Explorer which is in the free version :D

brillmindz

I just started my in December but I would say 2 things.1 Decide what you will and targeted content for what audience.2 Consistency with the content you want to upload each day or X times a week whatever you choose the best to be strict and stick to other people look inconsistent/erratic upload and it's not what you want. I assume you have a computer and mobile phone manner and at least some basic video editing software. Remember this is not about having the best equipment to start with I guarantee almost all of us to start with nothing, the phone has a camera on it you can upgrade to the "things are better" as and when you can, even improvising. Don 't delay although only do so if all you would do is think about it and time will just fly by. Get with it and have fun.

• Love
Reactions: Josh Tan