• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Who do u guys tell about your channels?

NeggiHorrorParty

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Hey there,

I think its okay to tell everyone who it might be relevant too. I play on several gaming communities and through some of those friends I have, I've been able to social network a little bit through them. Your family might not be as fond of the content but I have parents who enjoy watching me get scared by pixels even if they don't understand necessarily the game lol.

All in all, its a good idea to talk about or mention it with individuals who share similar interests and would like the content your providing or would like to support you. Just make sure your doing it in a way that is good promotion to reach your audience rather then spamming yourself.

Reactions: voteforthegirls

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I always tell my friends, family, and acquaintances about my channel and my mother is often the one who always promotes my channel.

• Love
Reactions: Windel

Damoforce

TubeBuddy Pro
I've let my friends know, and I let some randoms know out and about because I usually get asked what you doing with that camera set up lol

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I let my channel do the talking for me. I didn't tell anyone outside my colleagues at work and my immediate family (as they are often featured in my videos). Word got around, i didn't need to say anything. Plus letting my family and old friends discover my channel is part of the fun I think.

AndyBarbaroha

Subscriber Goal
lol I didn't tell my family until about three years in. I let them figure it out on their own. YouTube is great about showing your stuff out if you do it right, I was more focused on that than trying to gain a handful of views from family. By the time they saw my work I had an entire channel with multiple playlists and 150 videos for them to enjoy watching.

3 years! Unbelievable!!
I've shared my 2d video with all my family and all friends)))

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

bectries_food

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Up until recently only a couple of friends knew I was making videos. Decided that this year that I needed to have a bit more confidence in myself and what I'm making and told my family what I was doing. Still working my way up to feeling more confident to post about it on facebook.

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
My friends and family know about it, but I don't tell just everyone I have met or come across without having some special reason to. Like if we are having a conversation about what we like to watch on youtube, for example, I might vaguely mention I have a channel just because it sort of goes with the conversation. I just wouldn't tell literally everyone because it would either make me seem desperate for subs and/or views, or the person just wouldn't care that much because they might not be interested in the type of content I post especially if they don't know me that well.

SoupyFilms

I told my dad but that was it. It was only a matter of time before my mom knew, and then my sister, my grandma, and my uncles. I still haven't told some of my family members about it, though.

SG21

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have a small family so yes i told them about my channel, however my channel is unique in a sense that it has a set audience and most of them doesn't have Gmail account so i also share it on my FB account.

Last edited:

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I actually told all my friends and family. In hindsight I wish I only told immediate family (because I live with them and they would see me film) instead of telling extended. I feel that I would be more confident in making videos if my entire family didn't know. I'm glad my friends know as I can discuss my channel with them and ask for their opinions.

Shawny

TubeBuddy Pro
My family we're actually the ones who encouraged me to start a channel. I love my family but they weren't highly enthusiastic about my musical aspirations, so when I started making music for kids and they actually LOVED the songs, I knew I possibly had something lol. I told my close friends and family. I also told my students, who get a real kick out of it. Kids are also the best critics, so I often find out which ones they like or don't like pretty quickly.

• Love

OceanShip

JE Ships
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I tell my friends about it even though their not interested in my content. I also like to bring up my channel when im in a conversation about YouTube channels or something like that.

WonderMonkey

TubeBuddy Pro
I sprinkle it in with my normal social media posts. If a video goes up, I link it. That's it. Those that want to go watch or sub do. I don't ask "Hey did you watch it yet?"

Mama and Claire

There are a lot of youtube group on fb where I post my uploads. My family and friends also knows where you get most of support.