• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Who do u guys tell about your channels?

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have only told some family members but I am a bit of a shy person thus don't feel comfortable letting my family know because I just don't need any criticism from them personally that could potentially lead to silly arguments. Also my kind of content is not something most of my family is interested in. But that's just my opinion. I don't have any interest in them subscribing if they are not interested in my content.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
lol I didn't tell my family until about three years in. I let them figure it out on their own. YouTube is great about showing your stuff out if you do it right, I was more focused on that than trying to gain a handful of views from family. By the time they saw my work I had an entire channel with multiple playlists and 150 videos for them to enjoy watching.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't tell my family because I know they're not interested in that. I might talk about it if the subject comes up with friends, but I don't actively tell them to check it out lol.

As Damon said, I usually just let people find me and if they like it, they might just stick around.

Ztrav

Subscriber Goal
I tell everyone and I tell them to subscribe and tell there friends too

NanoniumTheDude

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I didn't really tell anyone honestly, my close friends eventually caught on but as far as family goes, only my parents know. I don't really tell anyone about it unless I genuinely find it to be relevant for them.

• Angry
Reactions: Jay chirrie

Benny1985

Some people know that work with me, and a scant few family members. But not a lot. I don't promote it locally, and really don't want to. I have a decent number of subs and am monetized. I don't *need* them to know. It wouldn't benefit me in any way, really. Plus it'd be totally irrelevant to their interests anyway.

But if a comment about Youtube is made, I'm the first to chime in!

Pips

www.Coffeewithpips.com
Subscriber Goal
I tell everybody, I also made a Facebook page, and continually upload links to my vids on my personal Facebook page, and my dedicated Youtube Facebook page.

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Do u guys just tell close friends and family our everyone you know?

If they belong to the channels target audience and have an interest in my channels content.

If they don't have any interest in my channels niche there is no reason to tell them and waste both mine and their time.

Last edited:

Killam90

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I tell friends and some family. But, in the end I have people find me on their own. The most I tell is Youtubers.