• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Editing Software Hi what do you guys use to edit for Youtube? do you do on your computer or phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yilk81

TubeBuddy User
I started with Final Cut pro back in 2005 and then messed around with Premier and now i'm using Davinci Resolve for the last 5 years or so. That being said I haven't edited that much but I know my way around the edit side of things. I imagine learning a lot more about it now that i'm starting my youtube journey.

fightthewheel

TubeBuddy Pro
fightthewheel.com
Subscriber Goal
I myself is new to the video editing game. I use Adobe Premiere Pro. When I opened it up the first time I wanted to run away, but there is an automatic tutorial series that quickly guides you through the basics of the editor, what goes where, how to edit a basic video and stuff like that. It works and I was up and running in 10-15 minutes.

Everytime I need to do something "special", I give it a google search and 9/10 times there's a 1-2 minute youtube video about doing what I searched for.

So yeah, if you can afford it, premiere pro is definitely a great option. I haven't tried others, so cannot comment on that unfortunately (exept for Imovie 10 years ago. Back then it wasn't enough as I couldn't even add text to the video, but it's probably evolved since I imagine :) )

Yilk81

TubeBuddy User
All serious NLE's (Non Linear Editor) will make you scream and run away at first glance because they are not made to serve the absolute beginners and newbies. There is a learning curve to it. Not that bad of a learning curve if you ask me. Watch a video for newbies and it wil quickly make sense and you'll be up and running in no time for the basics. For the fancier thing you'll have to search for it but usually also not that big of a deal. Over time you'll learn more and more. And you know what? Most of the way things done can be carried over to other NLE's.
I use Davinci Resolve because it is free :p and it does way more that I need. Big hollywood studies even use it so it's more than capable to do anything we would like.

Laurenk

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Hey girl,

I use both. Sometimes I use my laptop, sometimes I use my phone. It depends really. My last video barely needed editing so I used my phone, however if I needed to cut parts out and so on then I would use my laptop as I just find it easier to do on there. You can still just do that on your phone too though.

Good luck with your channel, I am sure you'll do amazingly :heart:

Laurenk

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Hey!

I switch between both really. It depends on the video and how much time I'd like to spend editing.

Laurenk

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I use a computer and transitioning to davinic resolve which is free and as powerful as premiere pro. However LumaFusion on iOS is a very good editor as well

Hey sorry,

How much is LumaFusion a month?

thanks!

OceanShip

JE Ships
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I use my PC, And use Hitfilm Express. Its pretty easy to use, Other than it being kinda buggy, it works well.

Naheed

Known Member
www.coupongot.com
Subscriber Goal
The type of software that you use doesn't really make a difference. There are so many things to edit one video, as each video contains
several things like channel promo, audio, video, Info-graphics, Thumbnails, etc. So, we need to use the best software for each thing. Like, you may use Adobe Photoshop to create Thumbnails, Adobe Audition for audio editing and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.