• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Editing Software Hi what do you guys use to edit for Youtube? do you do on your computer or phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dansunotori

Final Cut. Mostly because I was stupid enough to invest in it at the time, and now I'm just so used to its workflow, I almost love it.

residentcasuals

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
We use Shotcut on our computers.
Might look into mobile editing though? Sounds really convenient

zeista

I use adobe premiere to edit video on a laptop.
I have Asus ROG laptop (i7) n there's no problem when editing.

Using phone only for take videos...
My Redmi Note 8 Pro

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Well, I do almost everything on my mobile, so after filming on my mobile, I then do all my editing on Videoleap, itΓÇÖs great and easy to use.

I only use my computer for stuff that the mobile canΓÇÖt do, the problem with my computer though is that IΓÇÖve gotta stoke the coal up in it and wait for everything to warm up, then I need to turn on some steam gauges and get the CPU hand cranked into action, then I need to open a steam pipe for the HDD, then once itΓÇÖs proper warmed up I can then release the choke and all should be good :laughing:

MyBlocksStrongestMan

Recognized Member
Hello,
We are beginner for youtube and doing for family vlog.
we are international family and have mix baby 1 year old:) Also my husband is military.
Thank you for reading our question. hope to meet TubeBuddy friends:)
Greetings, I use OpenShot on my laptop. It is free software but does everything I need.

AussieBangerz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
For my editing I use Final Cut Pro X on my Macbook Pro..
I use a thumbnail app on my iPad for thumbnails...

itstom

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Trying to save as much as possible while trying to make best quality so I stick with free stuff :)
Davinci Resolve is my go to for video editing. My company owns the license for photoshop and sketch so I use that for my thumbnails.
I'd say davinci is a great option because of all the tutorials out there :)

Reactions: GearVlogz

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I use a computer to edit on mostly, but lately I have also been recording my screen on my phone and using the iMovie app on it to do some basic editing after. If I only need to do basic edits then the iMovie app is fine, but if there's a bit more to it I will upload my video from my phone to the computer so I can use my editing software on the computer.

GearVlogz

TubeBuddy Pro
www.gearvlogz.com
Subscriber Goal
I was using Adobe Premiere Elements 15 for my edits but started transitioning to DaVinci resolve 16. Still use Photoshop Elements for my thumbnails and overlays.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Heard lot about DaVinci Resolve, How good it is ? Better than Premiere and FCP ?
Honest opinion since I've edited on all of them.

FCP is a great NLE. But you need additional software to do anything serious in terms of compositing or audio. And color grading can be done but most people use paid plug-ins for it.

Premiere is a great NLE, and After Effects is an industry standard. The subscription you have to have for Premiere gives you all of the other apps you need for compositing, color and audio. However, it is now about $500-600 a year because of their subscription model.

Davinci Resolve is free. Davinci Resolve Studio is $299. It includes media Management, Editing, Fusion (compositing), Color (an industry standard) and Fairlight (an industry standard)in a single app.

People are moving to Resolve for a few reasons. The big one is Adobe's move to a subscription model, which costs most users more than the old license. The second one is that Davinci Resolve is free and does what 90% of users need without any cost. And you can buy the entire studio for the cost of just FCP. Finally, Davinci can deal with some pro-level things better than other NLEs - Multicam, 4k/6k/12k files in RAW, ProRES, etc.

dcrafted

TubeBuddy User
www.dcrafted.com
Subscriber Goal
Honest opinion since I've edited on all of them.
Davinci Resolve is free. Davinci Resolve Studio is $299. It includes media Management, Editing, Fusion (compositing), Color (an industry standard) and Fairlight (an industry standard)in a single app.

Well sounds good i need to try it asap.Thanks buddy for such a valuable review, i really appreciate it.Thanks & Regards.

Reactions: GearVlogz

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have both Davinci Resolve (Free) and Wondershare Filmora X (Purchased). For Davinci to use the GPU you really need the studio version and I'm not ready to plunk down the $300. With the new version of Filmora I found it is using the GPU more frequently and while I don't have a beast of a GPU the editing and playback is much smoother than Davinci without creating proxy files.

While I think Davinci is the way to go for pro editing and growing your abilities Filmora is an inexpensive beginner editor and has multiple payment options depending on what you want including lifetime upgrades for ~$99 (1/3 cost of Davinci)

I still have Davinci installed as it does do some things better (Time lapse photos) but I now use Filmora for most of my actual video editing.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I have both Davinci Resolve (Free) and Wondershare Filmora X (Purchased). For Davinci to use the GPU you really need the studio version and I'm not ready to plunk down the $300. With the new version of Filmora I found it is using the GPU more frequently and while I don't have a beast of a GPU the editing and playback is much smoother than Davinci without creating proxy files.

While I think Davinci is the way to go for pro editing and growing your abilities Filmora is an inexpensive beginner editor and has multiple payment options depending on what you want including lifetime upgrades for ~$99 (1/3 cost of Davinci)

I still have Davinci installed as it does do some things better (Time lapse photos) but I now use Filmora for most of my actual video editing.
Davinci starts to make a huge difference when you want to edit 4k+ resolution files natively. Especially ProRES and Davinci RAW.

I'll note one thing. Much of editing efficiency is in the keyboard commands and shortcuts. I've had to edit across multiple NLEs over the years and it usually takes my fingers a few hours to "remember" I'm in a different NLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.