• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Editing Software Hi what do you guys use to edit for Youtube? do you do on your computer or phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Davinci starts to make a huge difference when you want to edit 4k+ resolution files natively. Especially ProRES and Davinci RAW.

I'll note one thing. Much of editing efficiency is in the keyboard commands and shortcuts. I've had to edit across multiple NLEs over the years and it usually takes my fingers a few hours to "remember" I'm in a different NLE.

Yeah NLE's are very similar it just depends which works best for your needs. NLE = Non Linear Editor aka anything you're not using film for hahaha if anyone was wondering.

Don Alabee

TubeBuddy User
www.ghananiephotography.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello,
We are beginner for youtube and doing for family vlog.
we are international family and have mix baby 1 year old:) Also my husband is military.
Thank you for reading our question. hope to meet TubeBuddy friends:)

there was a time i was using my iPhone, but i'm a lover of big screens so i stopped. i use my macbook fulltime for my youtube videos. then again it depends on the kinda videos you do. if it's videos that don't need much editing, using your fone might be better for you.

Reactions: Cheche004

Cheche004

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello,
we are international family and have mix baby 1 year old:) Also my husband is military.
I used to edit with phone, then I moved to editing with laptop which made my videos look better, more professional and very smooth. Editing on phone is easy but I had a storage issue.
Phone editing apps I recommend - VLLO , Inshot
Laptop - Premier pro , Filmora 9

Harpyjessy

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I used to edit with phone, then I moved to editing with laptop which made my videos look better, more professional and very smooth. Editing on phone is easy but I had a storage issue.
Phone editing apps I recommend - VLLO , Inshot
Laptop - Premier pro , Filmora 9
but filmora9 isnt free . and it has a huge watermark. I thnk Davinci resolve is better

JavoDreams

Subscriber Goal
Hello,
Record from an iPhone 11 and edit from premiere pro has been the easiest for me.

Isaac_Ra

TubeBuddy User
www.facebook.com
Subscriber Goal
Openshot is what I use. Very basic, kind of like the old windows movie maker. Gets the job done for now. I'll eventually upgrade to something better.

Freddy Evangelista

I'm just starting my YouTube channel but I have been using Davinci Resolve for over 2 years now for my side hustle gigs and my other hobbies. It's easy to use and easy to learn. You don't really even need the Studio to get 99% of the stuff that's needed to effectively edit and render your videos.

NeggiHorrorParty

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Hey there,

I used to use filmora back when it was called Wondershare Video Editor and got the filmora upgrade for free. For a video editor its really good and pretty inexpensive. It also allows you to learn all the basics to. Its everything I'd say I want in a entry level editor before moving onto something like Premiere Pro or the Davinci Resolve I keep seeing. I have since switched to premiere pro by using the creative cloud as it lets me do so much its crazy but it takes a bit to learn and get used to everything. Its really up to preference and where you are money-wise as well as your skill level with the respective editors.

Teddy&co

Hello, we havent been doing it long and didnt want to pay monthly. We use filmora 9. Very simple to use but has good features, think its like £50 for the year

Ragulsundaram

Very Well-Known Member
www.facttests.com
Subscriber Goal
I use my pc and use filmora x for my editing purposes. It is light and it does its job. But if you want more features and freedom use Premier pro. In mobile I use Kinemaster.

Bulltahr

Motorcycles, since the 80's......
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
PC for control and pretty much do anything you want. I use Vegas 18, very intuative, if you try to do something it normally works, so you can learn as you produce content straight away...

bectries_food

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I currently edit on my laptop using Shotcut. I've found it pretty easy to use.

Damoforce

TubeBuddy Pro
Hey peeps,

New here, I use Premiere Pro. It's just what I know. I find it pretty easy on desktop. 16GB ram does cut it fine at times though.

Status
Not open for further replies.