• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Whats the #1 way you gained your subscribers?

OP
OP
CBDHeadquarters

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.cbdheadquartersemporium.com
Subscriber Goal
Take a look on you tube and try typing scenic bike rides and see if any of the long tail keywords fit or open your mind to one that would fit. Do like the name "Moto Mengy" for your channel. Best of luck :)

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Man... for all of the discussion here there seems to be a glaring omission. YouTube! I don't see a single other platform, venue or outlet that is going to be more apt at putting your work in front of the people who are specifically looking for it!

Think about it; YouTube is the second largest search engine in existence... and it caters specifically to people who desire to watch a video (which is exactly the content you are making!).

Not only is this happening but the search query's are assisted with secondary 'suggested' options, a means of alternative discovery for people who may not know exactly what they are looking for as determined by the content that they have enjoyed in the past.

Yeah, there is a lot of competition on the platform and we are all scrambling for every inch we can get. But the fact of the matter is simple; you make a great video and YouTube will put it in front of people who want to see it. And nobody is going to promote your work harder or better than the platform that does it best.

Juls

Subscriber Goal
I think the best thing to do is focus more on creating contents esp for small or will I say beginners .. It can feel very frustrating but I believe is slow and steady wins the race... Just continue doing what you know best, and you will get there..

I'm new on YouTube and I'm learning different strategies as I go... I know I will get there ..

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
The number 1 way I have gained subscribers are from Instagram, in my case, Twitter does not seem to work for me. When I advertise on Instagram that I have posted a video, people ask me questions and then I refer them to my Youtube channel/playlist and ask them to consider subscribing.
However, I know there are some improvements I should be making to my video/ channel which I will be doing, and hopefully, I will get some more organic subscribers.

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
I kept posting videos and found several types my audience likes and kept posting similar videos. It takes time to improve and put yourself out there. And as many have said sharing on social media help too. I donΓÇÖt have a huge following on social media but still it gets me views and sometimes subscribers from that.

Reactions: CBDHeadquarters
OP
OP
CBDHeadquarters

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think the best thing to do is focus more on creating contents esp for small or will I say beginners .. It can feel very frustrating but I believe is slow and steady wins the race... Just continue doing what you know best, and you will get there..

I'm new on YouTube and I'm learning different strategies as I go... I know I will get there ..
Only thing frustrating is knowing all the optimizations you want to do with all these great tools and reports and trying to balance it with uploading.. Slow and steady wins the race becuase consistancy in putting out great content will ultimately deliver us results. Best luck growing your channel :cool: too!

I kept posting videos and found several types my audience likes and kept posting similar videos. It takes time to improve and put yourself out there. And as many have said sharing on social media help too. I donΓÇÖt have a huge following on social media but still it gets me views and sometimes subscribers from that.
Love the advice, so basically look at the anylitics against your clips, be agile and produce ones along those lines. Well I'm going to take a break optimizing old and start putting out more useful content with that said. And I greatly appreciate you weighing in!

OP
OP
CBDHeadquarters

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I always get skeptical to comment on others channels but I tried a few times last week and found it to be a good way to cross audiences. Thanks for the good advice, you time chirping in and trying help me grow.
Going to try to find time to do that where it counts more often than less, just hope they don't remove or suppress comment as sometime I get a great reply and then a week or so after they elect to remove it for whatever reason (they want to push there product and scared others will see our selection..).
PS. Cool & clear channel thumbnails!

JoshKimche

This is all great advice, would you suggest making a new Twitter or Instagram to promote your videos. Sounds stupid but with my anxiety I fear if post my videos with friends and family on Facebook, I might lose something or be judged by people I have to intreact with on daily basis i.e colleuges. I know its my issues but it seems to hurt my growth

Tarot et Intuition

TubeBuddy Pro
www.tarot-et-intuition.fr
Subscriber Goal
I would say:
_ to produce engaging and trending videos
_ to engage with your community or Ideal Customers: if they are on Instagram, go on Instagram / if they are on Reddit, go on Reddit / if they are on YouTube commenting on other Youtubers' videos, comment there too....

OP
OP
CBDHeadquarters

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
This is all great advice, would you suggest making a new Twitter or Instagram to promote your videos. Sounds stupid but with my anxiety I fear if post my videos with friends and family on Facebook, I might lose something or be judged by people I have to intreact with on daily basis i.e colleuges. I know its my issues but it seems to hurt my growth
Hey, one of the most beautiful benefits of you and your Chanel are being you.
Don't let anyone or anything negative prevent you from following your dreams and accomplishing what your capable of.
I see and saw firsthand many close friends and family members who in the past felt bullied for whatever reason socially in person and shine online.
So believe in your self, feed yourself happiness and don't look back!

I would say:
_ to produce engaging and trending videos
_ to engage with your community or Ideal Customers: if they are on Instagram, go on Instagram / if they are on Reddit, go on Reddit / if they are on YouTube commenting on other Youtubers' videos, comment there too....
Thanks for the sharp input, i have been tapping into SM but need to concentrate on Instagram more.

The number 1 way I have gained subscribers are from Instagram, in my case, Twitter does not seem to work for me. When I advertise on Instagram that I have posted a video, people ask me questions and then I refer them to my Youtube channel/playlist and ask them to consider subscribing.
However, I know there are some improvements I should be making to my video/ channel which I will be doing, and hopefully, I will get some more organic subscribers.
So I like that strategy with S.M. funneling followers (Instagrah audience) to your YouTube channel. Many have mentioned using Instagram but not in that much depth. I haven't really paid any attention to pushing content on Instagram to benefit from that but I will and definitely take your model into play when I do. Thanks for the call out I appreciate your advice.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 164
OP
OP
CBDHeadquarters

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The #1 way I gained subscribers and views was by producing 743 videos clickable, searchable videos that people wanted to watch.
Damon, thanks for that murmur (the thought of making that much videos agggarr g-d bless you!) as I know this is the goal. Many of you as I call super creators, aka guys n gals who already hit and or surpassed their milestones all have 300+ videos. I'm still under 40 in 100 days...

To get to a point where I have hundreds of videos full of value, surely is my goal. I just uploaded Friday and can make about one a week with my time. I guess cutting out more time to produce is going to be the key here for me now and hope to get quality upload frequency to 5 a week. Going to be going for shorter clips now so maybe I can upload 5 short instead of the current 10-17 min avg.

As painful as the accuracy of your advice is I think it holds the most weight so far.

Be good stay safe and again thanks for weighing in!

Attachments

• f9efb423edc8123be8ea59b8fb760ea2.jpg
    f9efb423edc8123be8ea59b8fb760ea2.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 158

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
@Damon
I think I have seen a similar post that you sent in and it got me thinking then, in fact, I visited your site. I think to a certain extent a big Youtubers like yourself with 743 videos that are clickable and searchable over several years of hard work would in a way have your channel now working for you organically but with me, at only 500 +subscribers and only 40 videos including other small Youtubers, Instagram and other social platforms help us to publicise. Anytime I upload a video I grow my subscribers as a complement to people who find me on Youtube. The good thing is because they came to me they engage quite well and return anytime I post anything they are interested in. Over time I hope to get to your standard and I am sure I will with hard work and dedication.:):sweat:

Damon, thanks for that murmur (the thought of making that much videos agggarr g-d bless you!) as I know this is the goal. Many of you as I call super creators, aka guys n gals who already hit and or surpassed their milestones all have 300+ videos. I'm still under 40 in 100 days...

To get to a point where I have hundreds of videos full of value, surely is my goal. I just uploaded Friday and can make about one a week with my time. I guess cutting out more time to produce is going to be the key here for me now and hope to get quality upload frequency to 5 a week. Going to be going for shorter clips now so maybe I can upload 5 short instead of the current 10-17 min avg.

As painful as the accuracy of your advice is I think it holds the most weight so far.

Be good stay safe and again thanks for weighing in!
I agree.

Reactions: Damon

ReachRishi

Subscriber Goal
Here's a 13 year old responding :)
Learn and Improve and consistently post with the trends - I am into music and I create Piano Covers including composing my own music. My First Video was not the best and neither was my 100th video. I am now at more than 150 videos and if I look back, I have seen "loads of improvement" , not only in my skill, but also understanding what works with my audience. This has resulted in Higher Audience retention, Better Ranking, and a consistent addition of subscribers, something that I was missing about 1 month back. Also being a smaller channel, I have noticed, not showing the number of subscribers has helped. It may be coincidental, however the volume of subscribers being added consistently with my newer videos has increased and so has the CTR. Either way, success is being measured. From an average of 15 mins an hour, now am averaging more than 50 Mins an hour within 1 month. My Target is to get to 100 minutes an hour within the next 30 days and if I am able to achieve it, its really good.

With Consistent good quality work and improvement, including acknowledging every viewer's feedback, TubeBuddy has been simply outstanding. Right from the productivity tools which help me segregate content, to search, to title help , and ensuring descriptions are appropriate, its been amazing.

Long story short -
  1. Keep a Goal and profile for your channel including a Target with a Timeline.
  2. Create Quality Content with consistent improvement over a period of time. - Regularly.
  3. Focus on watch time and retention including viewer feedback on the types of videos posted - Adopting a slight change in approach drives retention and interest, thereby driving subscription.
  4. Stay with the Trends - Tactical performance is very important as its part of your strategic journey
  5. TubeBuddy, TubeBuddy, TubeBuddy. I have used VidiQ for 1 month in parallel with TubeBuddy and stopped their subscription. Their rankings were incorrect, the amount of clicks to get things done was complicated but TubeBuddy is truly outstanding. I have recommended Tubebuddy to many budding Youtubers.. Sadly didnt use the referrall (at hind sight could have got some freebies ;) )
  6. Subscribers are not important - Loyal Subscribers are. i.e Many people can buy subscribers or do a sub for sub (heck I did it too), however its the Worst thing you can do to your channel. Having 50K subs and struggling to get to 10K views on a video, is useless. I would prefer having 5 K subs getting to 5K views per video.. Shows consistency and automatically drives loyal subscribers.
  7. I have constantly read that we need to ask people to subscribe in our video - I used to do that in all my earlier videos, however now, I hardly do it. Instead I market my other videos instead. Do I need subscribers or watch time ? You might say subs, which is exactly what I used to say 1 month back, however now, I say I need watch time. Watch time drives retention on my channel, thereby driving loyal subs and I prefer this approach. So the End objective is to get Loyal Subs, however the road to it is NOT to ask for them to subscribe, but get them to subscribe if they want to by exciting them with quality content. Isnt that how we subscribe to channels we want to watch ?
Am young to Youtube and am sure there are more experts around , however this was my 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
OP
OP
CBDHeadquarters

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Here's a 13 year old responding :)
Learn and Improve and consistently post with the trends - I am into music and I create Piano Covers including composing my own music. My First Video was not the best and neither was my 100th video. I am now at more than 150 videos and if I look back, I have seen "loads of improvement" , not only in my skill, but also understanding what works with my audience. This has resulted in Higher Audience retention, Better Ranking, and a consistent addition of subscribers, something that I was missing about 1 month back. Also being a smaller channel, I have noticed, not showing the number of subscribers has helped. It may be coincidental, however the volume of subscribers being added consistently with my newer videos has increased and so has the CTR. Either way, success is being measured. From an average of 15 mins an hour, now am averaging more than 50 Mins an hour within 1 month. My Target is to get to 100 minutes an hour within the next 30 days and if I am able to achieve it, its really good.

With Consistent good quality work and improvement, including acknowledging every viewer's feedback, TubeBuddy has been simply outstanding. Right from the productivity tools which help me segregate content, to search, to title help , and ensuring descriptions are appropriate, its been amazing.

Long story short -
  1. Keep a Goal and profile for your channel including a Target with a Timeline.
  2. Create Quality Content with consistent improvement over a period of time. - Regularly.
  3. Focus on watch time and retention including viewer feedback on the types of videos posted - Adopting a slight change in approach drives retention and interest, thereby driving subscription.
  4. Stay with the Trends - Tactical performance is very important as its part of your strategic journey
  5. TubeBuddy, TubeBuddy, TubeBuddy. I have used VidiQ for 1 month in parallel with TubeBuddy and stopped their subscription. Their rankings were incorrect, the amount of clicks to get things done was complicated but TubeBuddy is truly outstanding. I have recommended Tubebuddy to many budding Youtubers.. Sadly didnt use the referrall (at hind sight could have got some freebies ;) )
  6. Subscribers are not important - Loyal Subscribers are. i.e Many people can buy subscribers or do a sub for sub (heck I did it too), however its the Worst thing you can do to your channel. Having 50K subs and struggling to get to 10K views on a video, is useless. I would prefer having 5 K subs getting to 5K views per video.. Shows consistency and automatically drives loyal subscribers.
  7. I have constantly read that we need to ask people to subscribe in our video - I used to do that in all my earlier videos, however now, I hardly do it. Instead I market my other videos instead. Do I need subscribers or watch time ? You might say subs, which is exactly what I used to say 1 month back, however now, I say I need watch time. Watch time drives retention on my channel, thereby driving loyal subs and I prefer this approach. So the End objective is to get Loyal Subs, however the road to it is NOT to ask for them to subscribe, but get them to subscribe if they want to by exciting them with quality content. Isnt that how we subscribe to channels we want to watch ?
Am young to Youtube and am sure there are more experts around , however this was my 2 cents.
I have to really commend you! Clearly years don't apply with such dedication and your experience. I never new you can hide you're subs. First time for a newbie like me to hear that one and wondering if that's good idea until my subs match my watch time.
One thing for sure is the TubeBuddy tools, staff and forum member's PROPS to ALL definitely upped my game, awareness and skill-set. I watched Andrew, and even subscribed to Nick N. and engage with helpful users like yourself.

At this point I'm just grinding away for subscribers and know its all about putting out more great content to bye for now and best of luck!

I just could pass replying to you for such incredible details. I appreciate the time you took to put it on here for us all.

• Love
Reactions: ReachRishi