• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Whats the #1 way you gained your subscribers?

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.cbdheadquartersemporium.com
Subscriber Goal
With so much false adds and channels trying to use click bait for views, I just have to ask my community!

I'm sure there is more than one answer but I want to know what worked best for your channel and why you think so?
Screenshot_2020-06-12 gain subs - Google Search.png

OP
OP
CBDHeadquarters

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Ernel2020, thank you. I just saw a clip a few days ago from another pro Nick. So both you saying more content & trending videos + Nick Nimmin says same thing in his clip makes sense as the missing link with just under 40 videos right now for my channel :-(.
It just has me nervous thinking of creating that much great content considering all the work behind the scenes in such little time. I Really appreciate your guidance and advise. Have a great weekend!

OP
OP
CBDHeadquarters

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I also use the tubebuddy tool to post their (SM, facebook, twitter etc) too and see it helped as well. Just that I don't have a million followers their like most. Guess I gotta put time in there too to optimize that avenue as well. Thank you for all the tips

Reactions: ASMRSadie

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Honestly, I don't really think too much about it. I keep making videos and if people like my videos and want to see more, they'll subscribe.

Remember that if somebody watched your video (and a good chunk of it too), there's a chance YouTube will try to recommend your video to them to see if they keep coming back. That's how I keep coming back to the same channel despite not being subbed to them :p

OP
OP
CBDHeadquarters

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yes, it's super tricky though for me with CBD being a flagged keyword and requires so much more winds and bends aggrr. I agree and think I'll see more from working the Social media as you pointed out. And Facebook & Twitter I have been posting by using the tubebuddy social share link tools to keep some posts flowing until I get around. It's just that I dont have such a grand following to yet benefit from that. Oh well, back to work and again thanks for the time you took to help me.

Reactions: ASMRSadie
OP
OP
CBDHeadquarters

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Wow, thats what I'm shooting for. But my question is over what period of time where you able to create 740 videos? Be nice to know so I can keep myself sane. Lot of you tubers I look up to and learn from like yourself all have way more videos then me and saying same thing. So just asking..

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
IΓÇÖm not so concerned with subscribers. DonΓÇÖt get me wrong IΓÇÖm greatful for them. I want watch time as it shows my content is ok and not something I need to bin stat. I often find in the early days most of them consist of sub for sub channels and I donΓÇÖt really want those ones I want loyal subscribers who actually watch my stuff

OP
OP
CBDHeadquarters

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I wont do sub for sub either & agree I want subs looking for what I put out. Subs that will engage comment so I agree with you on the sub 2 sub comment for sure. I checked out your channel & see you deal with Autism & how to cope with it. I have friends who have kids that would really benefit from your clips and will send them your way. Thanks for chiming in. :)

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
For me it was when I realized that my channel couldn't compete in bigger more competitive niches and not even in smaller niches. I had to go for a niche, within a niche, within a niche to find the soft spot where the competition was low enough for my videos to be able to show up in a good position among the search results but with a popular enough niche for people to actually be searching for it.

OP
OP
CBDHeadquarters

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Great advice, I'm shooting for the same niche within in niche as so many cbd clips and channels today. I want to be know for someone who takes, sells and shares actual user feedback not just me or some one else talking about their single experience using it for 30 days etc.
I really liked how you nailed it with your categories and consistency with thumbnails for each. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Ater
OP
OP
CBDHeadquarters

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I'm working on tutorials that will show actual product ingested and proper dosages. AM & PM routines and what the best products for morning or night time to make sure users get the most for their money. Thank you for the advice, I do think I should of probably started with those.

• Love
Reactions: Lutong Singkit

Moto Mengy

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
For me it was when I realized that my channel couldn't compete in bigger more competitive niches and not even in smaller niches. I had to go for a niche, within a niche, within a niche to find the soft spot where the competition was low enough for my videos to be able to show up in a good position among the search results but with a popular enough niche for people to actually be searching for it.

That's interesting, and something I've been contemplating recently. I have a motovlog channel and I've been pondering how to "niche down" in motovlogging, or if it's even a viable tactic. Or if I'd even really want to. I think its far easier to do this in some genres than others.