• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Editing Software What are you using to Edit with?

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.cbdheadquartersemporium.com
Subscriber Goal
I use Final Cut Pro X to edit the video and Logic Pro X to edit the sound for all my piano covers.
Wow, with Skills like that playing Piano (intro clip) so fantastic who needs skills editing, Lol Way to go man! Also cool Idae with SM call outs right next to it in place of description.

Do you see more movement, views or subs with that strategy?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-08-09 Jarvis Phan.png
    Screenshot_2020-08-09 Jarvis Phan.png
    277.4 KB · Views: 185

Jarvis Phan

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Wow, with Skills like that playing Piano (intro clip) so fantastic who needs skills editing, Lol Way to go man! Also cool Idae with SM call outs right next to it in place of description.

Do you see more movement, views or subs with that strategy?
From my experience so far, usually if you're a YT user, then you would stick with YT and if you're an IG user, then you would stick with that, therefore I don't see a lot of crossover. I actually can't take the credit for the Pirates of the Caribbean. I was still learning and just started out and had some friends help me with the camera work and editing. There would be no way I can play and film like that. Thank you for the motivation and encouragement and I'm glad you have enjoyed it.

• Love
Reactions: CBDHeadquarters

The Meme Crew

I use Powerdirector. I use my phone to edit my videos mainly because my videos are short and 2 because I just combine a group of videos into 1

Etypical

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I use Adobe Premiere Pro to edit all my videos. I really love the software ΓÇö it's powerful but not too daunting to use ΓÇö but there's just one problem: my laptop can't really handle it, so it constantly crashes while I'm trying to edit or export! Still, I'm lucky to have access to such great editing software :)

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I use Adobe Premiere Pro to edit all my videos. I really love the software ΓÇö it's powerful but not too daunting to use ΓÇö but there's just one problem: my laptop can't really handle it, so it constantly crashes while I'm trying to edit or export! Still, I'm lucky to have access to such great editing software :)
It's definitely powerful and I can see what your talking about with crashing. I love the tools and versatility too. Just wish there would be somekind of way to store all these large files on the cloud without hogging my HD space.

I Edit my videos with Corel Video Studio
I didnt even know Corel made editing software, I'm an older corel draw person back in the ad days I use to use them. I'll check that out, but getting teh feeling Filmora is worth my next shot before that.

In addition to After Effects, I use Adobe Premiere Pro. In the early YouTube and Sony Vegas Pro 8 times, I used the Movie Maker.
Wow I see your using a series of powerful editing suits. Going to checkout your channel videos to see what I'm missing out on.

I use Powerdirector. I use my phone to edit my videos mainly because my videos are short and 2 because I just combine a group of videos into 1
That's cool, sound like Adobe Rush feature (composing a series of clips together in a few clicks....)

I use Vegas Movie Platinum 17
Vegas is an upfront purchase, I like when you can buy them outright and not have to pay monthly.

Reactions: Etypical

CelticSpike

TubeBuddy Pro
I use a program called Wondershare Filmora 9. I was looking for something easy to use, and not super expensive and it fit the bill,
not as extensive as the likes of Adobe Premier i would wager, but gets the job done for gaming videos.

Reactions: CBDHeadquarters

I tengah sumanadi

Subscriber Goal
I edit with the Camtasia Suite, and the Adobe Creative Cloud suite!

What are you using to edit? Why is that your choice?

For me it's the ease of use between the two software, and they both excel at what I need them to do!
For video i have kine master, for banner i use corel draw, simple

MiddleofKnowhere

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I'm using Davinci Resolve 16.x (free version). It's loads of fun and I enjoy learning the Fusion side of things for motion graphics. I'll probably invest in a paid license down the road. For images, I'm using GIMP because it's also free. It has an annoying learning curve because it doesn't use the same methods to achieve the same things PS does easily (IMO), but since for graphics I mainly just use it for some minor color correction and thumbnail creation, I'm pretty good to go. I've made some icons and such with it too but that's about it. I'd use Adobe if I could afford the subscription fee. Really wish they went back to a paid model. For script writing, I use MS Word.

I've also used PowerPoint for some slide making and Excel to make fancy tables that I then put into PPT, take a nice high res screenshot and then incorporate that into the video.

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I edit with the Camtasia Suite, and the Adobe Creative Cloud suite!

What are you using to edit? Why is that your choice?

For me it's the ease of use between the two software, and they both excel at what I need them to do!
I gotta checkout Camtasia Suite, thank you!

I'm using Davinci Resolve 16.x (free version). It's loads of fun and I enjoy learning the Fusion side of things for motion graphics. I'll probably invest in a paid license down the road. For images, I'm using GIMP because it's also free. It has an annoying learning curve because it doesn't use the same methods to achieve the same things PS does easily (IMO), but since for graphics I mainly just use it for some minor color correction and thumbnail creation, I'm pretty good to go. I've made some icons and such with it too but that's about it. I'd use Adobe if I could afford the subscription fee. Really wish they went back to a paid model. For script writing, I use MS Word.

I've also used PowerPoint for some slide making and Excel to make fancy tables that I then put into PPT, take a nice high res screenshot and then incorporate that into the video.
Very creative and cool way of creating. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: MiddleofKnowhere

Growing Up Walls

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
growingupwalls.com
Subscriber Goal
I've been using Adobe products (Premiere and Photoshop) but I'm going to switch away to DaVinci Resolve, GIMP, and Canva. I still have access to the Adobe stuff through my day job, but I don't want to be reliant on that if (WHEN) I'm able to create for a living. :p

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Lightworks for Video editing?? The videos on your channel, all edited with that?? Lightworks!! really?
I'm surprised. I didn't know, it's for video editing, I thought it would be a photo editing software. Will give it try someday.
Yeah, :) I liked your videos.

Thank you! Just to clarify: Lightworks is video. Lightroom is photo.

Reactions: Saviera's World

Kaos71

I am still using Adobe Premiere Pro but I am trying to learn Davinci Resolve... I was about half way through a training course and then had to deal with some staff turnover and then my industry really got hit by the COVID shutdowns and I lost all of my momentum on learning the new platform... so I am going to start re-learning here in a couple of weeks when I get some more free time.

I know how to use a little bit of AVID as well from my old professional days but never had enough time on a system to really have much of it stick.

I think Resolve is where I will end up but Premiere Pro is something that I am comfortable with at this point.