• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Editing Software What are you using to Edit with?

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks, I'll give it a shot. Do you find Rush an easier transition, controls-wise, for learning Premier Pro? My problem so far is that everything looks foreign, coming from iMovie - even though I'm completely familiar with other Adobe products.

I think that is a good question. It's hard for me to answer that honestly because I've been using adobe premiere pro for so long, but for my girlfriend who was a FinalCut Pro X girl she loved it and got premiere easier.

Goode Life Outdoors

Subscriber Goal
I think that is a good question. It's hard for me to answer that honestly because I've been using adobe premiere pro for so long, but for my girlfriend who was a FinalCut Pro X girl she loved it and got premiere easier.

Awesome. I'm loading it now. Thanks!

Tony4938

TubeBuddy Pro
Cyberlink Powerdirector!!! Been a Fanboy since v5... so we must be talking 13 years at least. I swear by the whole 365 Director Suite. My little brain just can't compute Adobe! I don't know why. I've tried learning Adobe many times over the years, literally since 2004/2005. But i just give up. I've had so many free trials of Premiere its laughable. So i stick to Powerdirector. But i do love it and it's perfecto for my needs!

Powerdirector was the first and only editor i've ever used over the years. Since starting this journey (seriously) a month ago, i've learnt soooo much about everything, and powerdirector has been very easy to understand and use and enabled me to put my focus elsewhere. Will keep it on my laptop, but now my new PC is here I have the ability to try one of the powerhouses, it may not work for me, it may be brilliant but just want to see if I can improve my output significantly enough to go for the paid version, if not i'll stick with powerdirector.

vdubtravels

I started with iMovie, but soon realised i needed more, so moved over to FCPX and although still. learning, i am finding that it does meet all my requirements, also there are number of creators out there who are more than happy to teach new tricks and better ways to do certain 'tricks'. I'm a big fan of Arthur Moore and have learnt so much from him. I also believe that iMovie was a great gateway to FCPX, but I still have a long way to go, last but not least, knowing how to do a particular cut / transition / effect and actually doing it are two very different things, don't give up, never stop learning.

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Started with PowerDirector but after a known issue with graphic card acceleration popped up and their solution was to purchase the latest copy I left and went to filmora9 and was really happy with it especially for the price and features. I then upgraded my computer as my kids are into gaming so I tried installing Davinci Resolve and found my computer is now powerful enough to run it and have been using that most of the time. I will still pop into Filmora9 for some changes as I think it is quicker but it is getting used less and less frequently.

The biggest issue with Davinci is that I will run out of ram/space on the graphic card as it really stresses it out and I don't have a $500+ dollar card. Maybe that will be what I upgrade next.

ESLAAH

For Macbook i will recommend IMovies, then for Windows and Android i will recommend Filmora, they are easier to play around with, and less complicated than premiere pro

BMGamingYT

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Lumafusion on my IPad for 4K videos from my Hero8 and Davinci on my gaming PC, sometimes Davinci crashes and I have to use shotcut

BensTechLab

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.benstechlab.com
Subscriber Goal
Wow there is quite a bit of diversity in the editing apps everyone uses here!

I'm new to the game and just checking out this thread to see what everyone is using. Camtasia seems to be very popular for content that involves any screen recording/tutorials/how-tos. I thought Davinci Resolve would be more popular on here as you get a lot for free. But eye balling it, I'd say Premiere is probably winning the popularity contest on this thread.

Perfect Relaxation

I edit with the Camtasia Suite, and the Adobe Creative Cloud suite!

What are you using to edit? Why is that your choice?

For me it's the ease of use between the two software, and they both excel at what I need them to do!
Try Power director, great on PC, and also has a mobile version that edits and exports in 4k or higher depending on your hardware specifications.
Kinemaster is also great.

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.cbdheadquartersemporium.com
Subscriber Goal
I use Adobe Creative Cloud suite because I find it to be a great tool box. Adobe RUSH, Premiere Pro, Cloud library are my tops for composing cropping and all types of edits. Every now and then adobe runs promos for the suite & often trials for each app if any one wants to try them out.

Mr Fishy McFish

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I got Sony Vegas Pro 14.0 Super cheap a while back and used the trial when I was 16 so familiar with it, it's not bad! I also use Photoshop and just recently tried out After Effects!

Nicolator86

Subscriber Goal
I Use VideoPad Video Editor.. Works Very Good for me... And Simple to use, and you can upload straight to eg.Youtube from there. or just export it normal and upload to wherever you like...
Nice To Meet You...

miracle du coran

TubeBuddy User
I use for mounting Camtasia
For the video introduction, EaseUS Video Editor, it contains superb introductions
BluffTitler, It's also for introductions