• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Editing Software What are you using to Edit with?

Poulpc

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
mainly Premiere Pro, but sometimes it won't take the 4K clips from the Xbox One X, so i use 4K video editor by NCH Software (Free) very slow and annoying to edit in, but if I just do the whole video, Premiere Pro will take it after

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I use CyberLink Power Director. It was one of the first programs I tried, many years ago, and I liked the ease of use & tons of editing tools. I upgrade every couple versions, but last year they actually got me to subscribe to their service. I always swore I would never subscribe to software ha ha... such is life.

I hear that it is not as powerful as Premiere (never tried Premiere, so do not know) but is also a fraction of the cost. PD already does more than I need it to do, so no need for more... yet... :)

IΓÇÖve been using Camtasia to create screen capture recordings since about 2014. In the same style, OBS is another best of mine that I used to make real-time video/audio capturing and mixing.

Reactions: Zanet

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Premiere Pro. I need thos ripple trim previous, ripple trim next, go to previous, go to next, rate stretch, ripple delete, ripple trim next edit to playhead, ripple trim previous edit to playhead.

I've been experimenting Davinci Resolve, but it's still a bit tricky when I'm used to my shortcut keys now.

For a good 3 years I was just using Windows Movie Maker :p

Senior Notions

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Premiere Pro. Just upgraded recently from CS6 to CC, so getting use to the differences. I tried a few different editing apps but I haven't found one that works as easily.

Breakie

TubeBuddy Legend
breakiethedragon.com
Subscriber Goal
I use Adobe Premiere Pro along with After Effects. Back in the past, I did use Movie Maker during the early YouTube era and Sony Vegas Pro 8.

RBHD

I record with a canon 700D and edit with sony vegas which I've used for years but want to branch out and start using premier pro

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I edit with Premiere Pro and Audition :L

Same they're my favorites! :D

mainly Premiere Pro, but sometimes it won't take the 4K clips from the Xbox One X, so i use 4K video editor by NCH Software (Free) very slow and annoying to edit in, but if I just do the whole video, Premiere Pro will take it after

Hmm that sounds like it might be a codec issue, I'd look into that :)

I use CyberLink Power Director. It was one of the first programs I tried, many years ago, and I liked the ease of use & tons of editing tools. I upgrade every couple versions, but last year they actually got me to subscribe to their service. I always swore I would never subscribe to software ha ha... such is life.

I hear that it is not as powerful as Premiere (never tried Premiere, so do not know) but is also a fraction of the cost. PD already does more than I need it to do, so no need for more... yet... :)

That's fair! I always tell people use what you have and are comfortable with. MOST Non linear editors (NLES) are pretty much the same, just some have more functions.

IΓÇÖve been using Camtasia to create screen capture recordings since about 2014. In the same style, OBS is another best of mine that I used to make real-time video/audio capturing and mixing.

I love camtaisa and use it for ALL of the TB videos :)

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Totally mobile... i use kinemaster for video, combination picsart/snapseed for thumbs. For live i use prism, but probably gonna switch to streamyard. Tubebuddy for awesome.

• Wow
Reactions: Simple_Words_Sonal

Scuplex

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
I use sony vegas pro 15 for now! In the future, i will see what i will be using don't know yet!

Reactions: Ikerot

kingzuesthelycan

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Im using a mixture of After Affects and premier pro! Depends on the type of video Im shooting.

Minstrell

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I edit with the Camtasia Suite, and the Adobe Creative Cloud suite!

What are you using to edit? Why is that your choice?

For me it's the ease of use between the two software, and they both excel at what I need them to do!
I either use Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro. Really depends on the edit :)

Reactions: TubeBuddy
OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I either use Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro. Really depends on the edit :)

Interesting, what is your deciding factor to use one over the other? :)
Totally mobile... i use kinemaster for video, combination picsart/snapseed for thumbs. For live i use prism, but probably gonna switch to streamyard. Tubebuddy for awesome.

I've heard great things about Stream Yard :D

I use sony vegas pro 15 for now! In the future, i will see what i will be using don't know yet!

It's a great program :D

Im using a mixture of After Affects and premier pro! Depends on the type of video Im shooting.

Very fair! I use both too :D

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
All comes down to the video effects I think id use in the video, Premiere Pro is way better in that area but then Final Cut Pro is easier to navigate and used for the more simpler videos where theres not many edits involved like gameplay videos etc

That's fair! I guess I just use premiere pro or premiere rush :D