• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Editing Software What are you using to Edit with?

AussieBangerz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Final Cut Pro X for me.
Plenty of YouTube tutorials and it's pretty easy to get the hang of things..
Also came free with my Macbook Pro ;)

Lester West

TubeBuddy Legend
Subscriber Goal
I use Premiere Pro CC and OBS. Though I do have Camtasia which I haven't tried yet.

Ricksreview

Build It Yourself!
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I have Sony Vegas pro, but I find it more detailed than I want to be at this time, I usually use Screencast-O-Matic.
Actually the only time I use it is to sync up audio if I record on a different medium from the video.

Mario So

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I see Adobe Creative Suite for everything. I like the dynamic linking with audition and After Effects but I'm considering going over to DaVinci for coloring.

Retro Reels

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I use Premiere Pro for all editing once I have all of the footage I need. Occasionally I will use After Effects if I need to do any camera tracking or compositing. The way the 2 work together is great, as you can go from one to the other without having to render.

Strength_Diaries

TubeBuddy User
I tried Da Vinci, but my laptop kept crashing. I checked out and purchased Filmora9 and it's been so easy to get the hang of :)

Cleaning how to

I'm new to video editing and so far have only used imovie. What would you guys recommend progressing to? I've an 8 year old MacBook which isn't exactly enjoying rendering the videos, but I do some edits on the mac, then transfer to my iphone 11, then add music and B-roll (I did this for my last video).

MartyW

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Been using Da Vinci Resolve now for the past 12 months. I like the way to run multiple camera streams and switch between them, for close up/wide shots/handheld gimbal etc. The colour correction side is the tricky part, getting my head around matching shots, would help if all my cams could shoot in raw!
Pretty powerful piece of software, I had used Adobe CS, but the subscription costs got to me, especially when I see how powerful Resolve is..

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
My surface pro 4 can't use davinci resolve :( hitfilm works, but is pretty limited with it's shortcut key options. Wonder how filmora is with it's shortcut keys.

GrumpaOriginal

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I use Adobe Premiere Rush but trying to learn the free Resolve program (any tips lol).

zelia

TubeBuddy User
I am currently using final cut pro, find it really useful with Mac books and i feel like its easier to cut and glue videos!

RazzBarlow

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I use DaVinci Resolve 15 (I tried downloading 16 when it first came out and it was buggy. It's probably fine now. I'll probably be downloading and using 16 again soon.) It's amazingly powerful for a free program. The learning curve is a bit steep but there are quite a few tutorials on YT. The program is far more powerful than the user (me). I jumped right in and learned it the hard way. I don't recommend that path.

Reactions: GrumpaOriginal

EV Nick

TubeBuddy Pro
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Well i started with "shotcut" as it was FREE and gave lots of function you'd get in a high end editor. Now i use Prem pro 2020, my patrons cover the cost so helps but its easy to use, if i don't know how to do something theres MILLIONS of youtube videos of HOW TO. Also has a suite of built in graphics for free just can't beat it.

Shimon

TubeBuddy User
instagram.com
Subscriber Goal
Premiere Pro, although my macbook seriously struggles with it.
Anyone edit with both Premiere Pro and Final Cut?

lutechsource

TubeBuddy User
For video I use LumaFusion on an iPad to layout my video and then export the project timeline to Davinci Resolve to finish editing and add any advance effects or features.

For audio I use Reaper.

Lee DG

Subscriber Goal
I use Vegas pro 17 for video, Canva now and again but trying to use photoshop, but struggling to get my head around all the tools for it :laughing: