• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion What's Hardest Thing for A Small Youtube Channel?

Moto Mengy

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
That's where search can come in, why live under the rock when you can say here I am, if you want to watch come and get it :)

In theory, yes. However, search can only go so far, and if there is an abundance of young channels all clamoring for the same SEO priorities then it makes getting noticed (and growing) much more difficult.

Still, strategic use of SEO can certainly improve the odds, no doubt.

KerryAnn

TubeBuddy User
www.kerryannl.com
Subscriber Goal
Growing my base has been incredibly difficult. Especially when you put in all the back end work before posting. I have to constantly remind myself that the viewer that I do have are precious. And are deserving of my best effort. What I do enjoy are the new apps and tools that I am discovering along the way.

Alice100

Subscriber Goal
Hardest things is to get new subcriber and driving more views. I am working in that but if anyone can good trick you can still share

• Love
Reactions: Josh Tan

Cherryrose01

Hello Everyone!
I created my channel because i love craft things. But i like the idea that i can make money on Youtube.
After 2.5 months, i became Youtube Partner, but the thing is, the income is from 0 to 0.8...... (very very small amount)
I upload my video weekly, but everything not seems right, i can't reach to the new audience.
Tell me about your problem!

Hello you got into YouTube partner for only 2 and a half months wow that is amazing.. while me having hard time to get watch time. Can you tell how did u get 4000 views and 1000 subscriber for only 2 and a half months?

Because you have your own business!
Many pp have nothing, but a talent about doing crafts, or singing, make up........... and without money, so youtube is a good platform to make it real.

How about me I don't have talent

But that doesn't preclude you from thinking like an entrepreneur. My point is that your mindset changes when you think in business terms instead of just uploading videos.

All businesses start with a single idea, a twinkle in the eye, a hope and a dream. I had nothing, I didn't even have the talent to make fishing tackle. I had to develop a talent first.

The point is I spent time studying and learning about business. YouTube was a way to document the process. Over time that process of becoming a fishing tackle maker built an audience and a business, but I always thought of it as a business from the start. Sadly most YouTuber simply don't think in business terms. They never go beyond a hobby mindset.

If you want a hobby, that's fine. But if you really want to build a YouTube channel, you have to thinking business terms.
I am thinking thinking a good content what should I do in my video as I don't have a confidence to talk or show my face in front of the camera.

I did not know it was San issue to ha end kid''s image on YouTube.
My channel is mixed for kids content and adult content is this even right

For me I try to focus on the number of uploads I put up, and that has made me happier for content creation. I can't control # of subs, but I can control # of uploads.

Is it like any video like personal life or like unboxing I am thinking to make a video give some advice to people in pain or make a video talking about soulmate I don't know I didn't discover my talent yet seriously......

Is it helpful to upload your content on multi-platform like Youtube and Facebook together or is it recommended to upload on Youtube and then provide the YT link in Facebook page?
We fear that if we upload on FB as well, we may loose views on YT. Please suggest.
I guess don't give your link but give your YouTube channel name instead cos the YouTube can see where is your views and subs came from

Well, thumbnails are arguably the most important thing about video uploads.
I'm having hard time to put the thumbnail too

The biggest problems faced by new YouTuber is getting views or making new audience. It is very painful when we work with full efforts and our content is not reached to their audience and it is biggest problem faced by new youtuber in my view.
True so what can we do?

The hardest thing for me was not knowing SEO. with 196 videos uploaded I am now having to go through each video find out what happens and create new titles and insert new tags, upgrade thumbnails e.t.c. Thankfully TubeBuddy has saved me countless hours inserting the majority of the description into each video. I have around 40 videos optimised so far, only 150 to go lol!
I will try my best to do the same thing

Reactions: Damon and Josh Tan

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
How can I increase subscriber and view hour?? guide me please

Hard work and dedication. Expect YouTube to be a marathon not a sprint. If you create 3 videos a week for two years you will have over 300 videos in two years that people can find bringing new views and potential subscribers to your channel. Make sure to try to learn from each video you create so you can use that knowledge to make the next one even better.

You need to learn SEO for people to be able to find your videos when they search. But even if you have done your homework and have 300 videos optimized for search that may not be enough by it self. A lot of niches are already very populated which will make it very hard for a new or small channel to compete. So you should try to find a less crowded niche or even a niche within a niche or a niche within a niche within a niche. It's better to show up in the top three spots for a keyword that only 100 people search for then to show up in place 162 for a keyword that 1 million people search for.

You should study the competitors inside your niche, what do they do better than you? It can be everything from quality of video/audio to editing, to the way they speak, to personality, to storytelling, to humor and so on. What can you learn from that information and how can you use it to improve your own content? What videos are doing well for your competitor? Can you do something similar?

Have people study your videos and give you feedback, you don't want to get feedback from "yes-sayers" you wand feedback from people who can actually give you constructive criticism.

Study your analytics and learn from them. Is any of the content doing better or worse then the rest of your content? Can you stop doing the content that are doing worse and can you create more of the content that's doing better? Do you have a high or a low audience retention? If it's high you are probably doing good content but people don't find it (seo, your niche, marketing etc). If you have a very low audience retention your content are probably one or multiple of the following: bad, worse than your competitors, boring, you use click bait (people click becuse of you thumbnail or a title that making believing that your content is one thing but it's actually something else. You can also study the adience retention for individual videos and try to find out why they stop, like if you are getting a big drop off after 20 seconds, what happen around that time in the video? Could you have done something else to keep them interested? Getting a good audience retention is something most YouTubers struggle with.

Expect YouTube success to take a long time, always try to learn and improve and don't do it if you don't enjoy it.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hard work and dedication. Expect YouTube to be a marathon not a sprint. If you create 3 videos a week for two years you will have over 300 videos in two years that people can find bringing new views and potential subscribers to your channel. Make sure to try to learn from each video you create so you can use that knowledge to make the next one even better.

You need to learn SEO for people to be able to find your videos when they search. But even if you have done your homework and have 300 videos optimized for search that may not be enough by it self. A lot of niches are already very populated which will make it very hard for a new or small channel to compete. So you should try to find a less crowded niche or even a niche within a niche or a niche within a niche within a niche. It's better to show up in the top three spots for a keyword that only 100 people search for then to show up in place 162 for a keyword that 1 million people search for.

You should study the competitors inside your niche, what do they do better than you? It can be everything from quality of video/audio to editing, to the way they speak, to personality, to storytelling, to humor and so on. What can you learn from that information and how can you use it to improve your own content? What videos are doing well for your competitor? Can you do something similar?

Have people study your videos and give you feedback, you don't want to get feedback from "yes-sayers" you wand feedback from people who can actually give you constructive criticism.

Study your analytics and learn from them. Is any of the content doing better or worse then the rest of your content? Can you stop doing the content that are doing worse and can you create more of the content that's doing better? Do you have a high or a low audience retention? If it's high you are probably doing good content but people don't find it (seo, your niche, marketing etc). If you have a very low audience retention your content are probably one or multiple of the following: bad, worse than your competitors, boring, you use click bait (people click becuse of you thumbnail or a title that making believing that your content is one thing but it's actually something else. You can also study the adience retention for individual videos and try to find out why they stop, like if you are getting a big drop off after 20 seconds, what happen around that time in the video? Could you have done something else to keep them interested? Getting a good audience retention is something most YouTubers struggle with.

Expect YouTube success to take a long time, always try to learn and improve and don't do it if you don't enjoy it.

This is a great response @Subodh Khadka if you want more answers ask in YT feedback, or your comments will be removed to follow forum rules.

TheAGames10

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I was once a small channel (I kind of still consider myself as one) and I think the hardest thing for a small channel is trying to get the views and subscribers from the first day you start your channel. even when you start making videos, it can be hard to get the views... sometimes creating social media accounts could help and other times it might not.

avf28

TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
2.5 months to be a YouTube partner is actually super fast. You should be proud of that! YouTube is a grind and your time will come. Just keep making videos and focus on SEO!

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
getting the watch hrs is hard

For me it was the other way around, watch hours was easy, getting subscribers hard. I reached the watch hours before I had 200 subs I believe, took me like another 1.5-2 years to reach the subs.

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I think its getting views and not that many subscribers compared to the views. However, this makes me appreciative of all subs. I now have the mindset of not being disheartened regardless of numbers.
I also think of the positive side, for example, my regular and loyal supporters and people that I have met and support I call them my 'inspirations' or fasting friends' so I will never give up -this is also practicing what I preach.
I always try and support small you tubers. I listen to the videos all the way through and leave a like and comment as I know what it's like when I see even one new subscriber or comment.

Subscribers, definitely Getting Subs are the most difficult stuff
I have decent amount of views for my videos, yet my subs increased by 100+ for a month only...It's virtually impossible for me to reach 10K subs...
You have now. Great job :party:

The worst is when you get a couple of subscribers and youΓÇÖre like whoo hoo nek minute someone leaves and youΓÇÖre devoed lol. ItΓÇÖs painfully slow in comparison to the work you do.
Me too :)