• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

POKEMON GO!

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I recently downloaded the game, and am loving it!

I wanted to know, anyone else here enjoying it? If so what level are you? If level five, what team are you on?

Currently I am level four, but hope to level up soon!

Let me know your thoughts on Pokemon GO!

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I got the game, but I haven't been able to play it. Either I missed the tutorial or I just didn't get it but I have no idea what I'm doing in the game. I'll figure it out tomorrow

:p

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I got the game, but I haven't been able to play it. Either I missed the tutorial or I just didn't get it but I have no idea what I'm doing in the game. I'll figure it out tomorrow

:p

Basically, you walk around in real life and try to catch pokemon, there isn't really a battling system unless you pass a "GYM" it needs work, but is really cool thus far!

Jay

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I've been meaning to get into the game! Did you guys hear about the guy that got shot at while he was playing Pokemon: GO? Regardless, I like their initiative to start to get people walking and playing. Very great exercise among individuals who may not get as much!

Reactions: TubeBuddy
OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I've been meaning to get into the game! Did you guys hear about the guy that got shot at while he was playing Pokemon: GO? Regardless, I like their initiative to start to get people walking and playing. Very great exercise among individuals who may not get as much!

Yeah, probably not the best thing to go on someone's property at night with your phone out XD

Cybie

Recognized Member
I was able to test the app out before public release. Despite being limited to only gen 1 Pokemon, it is fun to do something while I do my walks to stores since I do not have a car right now.

Gym battles however is very laggy for me due to my phone's performance (BLU Studio 5.0 C HD). Due to this, I am avoiding gyms until I get a new phone with a better GPU to actually do something other than catching 'mons. Also, this app EATS your battery. If you want to play in long bursts, I suggest getting a external battery.

My biggest con about this app is the lack of communication between other trainers that can be in the area. This app can go the distance if people can communicate with each other to trade/battle. Another issue is the lack of character customization. Clothing can use more variation in color and have different types of clothing, and I can not have a buzz-cut hairstyle (personal preference). Leveling up does give you some free items, but you will later depend on micro-transactions in order to continue playing.

On the upside, I can listen to Sirius XM radio while I catch all the 'mons. :3

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I was able to test the app out before public release. Despite being limited to only gen 1 Pokemon, it is fun to do something while I do my walks to stores since I do not have a car right now.

Gym battles however is very laggy for me due to my phone's performance (BLU Studio 5.0 C HD). Due to this, I am avoiding gyms until I get a new phone with a better GPU to actually do something other than catching 'mons. Also, this app EATS your battery. If you want to play in long bursts, I suggest getting a external battery.

My biggest con about this app is the lack of communication between other trainers that can be in the area. This app can go the distance if people can communicate with each other to trade/battle. Another issue is the lack of character customization. Clothing can use more variation in color and have different types of clothing, and I can not have a buzz-cut hairstyle (personal preference). Leveling up does give you some free items, but you will later depend on micro-transactions in order to continue playing.

On the upside, I can listen to Sirius XM radio while I catch all the 'mons. :3

Thing I don't like is because I am in a rural area, there are no pokemon or gyms near me, and I get that they need to focus on highly populated areas, but I can't help where I live, and I still think they should at least have options for me :/

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I remember they had the same problem with Ingress (same company making Pokemon Go)

FoxyHippo

I picked it up last night. Already lvl6 and on the Red Team. I tried a gym battle and got my butt kicked. The gyms seem to be dominated by people with nothing else to do but play the game.
There's 2 pokestops within a short walk of my home and I've hit those a few times. I can't seem to go more than a few paces without finding more pokemon.
I wish the battling was a bigger part of the game. When you find a pokemon I can't battle it to train my pokemon. I can only capture it or take pics of it. I will say that since downloading the app I have definitely done more random walking than I have in years.
Most people seem to just drive around with their phones out. I tried it and I don't think it's worth the gas unless it's to get to a gym. Pokemon seem to stop appearing when I'm driving. While standing still pokemon will appear just while I'm looking at stats of those I've captured. Caught 5-6 pokemon while seated eating lunch today. :p

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
Thing I don't like is because I am in a rural area, there are no pokemon or gyms near me, and I get that they need to focus on highly populated areas, but I can't help where I live, and I still think they should at least have options for me :/

I live in a town thats basically 90% aerospace/military and is practically nothing but dirt and manage to have seen 6 gyms so far within 10 miles

Reactions: TubeBuddy

FoxyHippo

biggest issue I have is that 5/6 gyms I've found are Churches... Like rlly?

Across the street from my apartment is a big community church with a pokestop in the parking lot. Behind the church in a weed filled field the church sortof maintains a little weed filled garden. There's a gym in that garden and in order to get to it you have to walk two minutes away from the parking lot through the weeds :p
That said... my new sunny afternoon killer is watching cars come to a screeching halt along the road next to a particular trail head with a pokestop :)

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
A weed filled garden at a church? Who do these people worship? xD

One of my gym is a church also. Haha

Reactions: Aaron
OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
A weed filled garden at a church? Who do these people worship? xD

One of my gym is a church also. Haha

In my town there is a gym in a place that is now just a grass field, and it's odd because in order to battle you can only register it by standing in the middle of my town in an abandoned grass field lot.

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I remember they had the same problem with Ingress (same company making Pokemon Go)
eJptwF7.png

Reactions: Ikerot and Jay

Jay

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
In my town there is a gym in a place that is now just a grass field, and it's odd because in order to battle you can only register it by standing in the middle of my town in an abandoned grass field lot.
Haha! There's a gym SMACK in the middle of the road of my local town! I saw some kids who were walking to capture it! But of course, I was driving at the time and didn't want to hit another car!

The game has proven to be quite addicting THUS far!

Jay

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
When it come to India?
Sorry bud, it doesn't look like it's going to be very soon. But hey, you never know! The best option if you REALLY wanted to play it would be to "side-load" it either on an Andriod or iPhone. You create an App store account in one of the countries that supports the game.

However, the servers are still VERY unstable and they are attempting to fix them before they officially roll it out to other countries! Just stick in there!