• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Music What kind of music do you use in your videos?

AllofTheAbove

Subscriber Goal
It depends on what I'm doing in the video (vlogs are more likely to have music in them than a product review). I also take mood into account. All of the music I use will be instrumental, only, if I can help it.

strikeseven

Right now I use the one from iMovie, it is kinda annoying though. However, I am not sure where I can find songs that won't bring me trouble and get a strike...

Hicham Chahidi

www.musicscreen.org
Subscriber Goal
Hi,

It really depend on the subject and the kind of mood you are planning to give to your sequences. I personally like when a channel has a short music jingle (few seconds), very identifiable and and that serves as an intro, it can also be used in the end of the video.. This jingle is in a way the musical signature of the channel.
Depending on the subject, the global energy of the video, I will choose a more dynamic music that will take a certain place on the audio track, or a very discreet music for example a solo piano .. But there are no general rules, a music that goes well on one sequence may not go at all on another.it's a kind of unique cooking recipe..

strikeseven

And what if it's a famous song that you don't have the rights from the artist to use it but you use only 5 seconds from it for your intro. Can they strike your channel? I've heard that some artists get mad and do things like that. The 5-second rule was part of the fair use right?

Bitbat

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello Everyone!

For me music and sound are a key part to any video, and I wanted to know how you choose your music! What genre do you look for? What kind of feel? What site do you use to get it? Is it the same for all or do you vary depending video type?

For example on my latest short it was just me and narration, so I used solo piano to really have that feeling of isolation. However, when I do the TB videos I use synthetic pop that's easy to listen to and inviting for a general audience! I use JukeDeck and Epidemic sounds for both.

What are your choices, and how do you come to them?
Every Youtuber in order to prevent copyright strikes has to use some music as prevention. Mainly, i search YouTube for copyright-free music or will find lo-fi, remix or original music. If you're a freebie, mainly people will turn to the king of creating copyright-free music: Kevin Macleod.

TanookiAlex

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Personally, i use JukeDeck. Jukedeck auto generates music for me, but i mostly use "ambient" or "non copyright" lofi. I use my colours blue and dark blue to create a more of a "discussion" and chill environment on my channel, where i discuss certain issues or suggestions to the Roblox community.