• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

What Microphones do you Use?

Murthag91

After 5 month of being unployed i found a new job!! I would like to buy a new set of headphones becouse mine are terrible, what do you suggest with a budget of 50Γé¼?

Cabbitude

TubeBuddy Pro
www.CabbitudeGaming.com
Subscriber Goal
I personally use Rode Microphones for everything. For in person video I boom a Rode VideoMic Pro, and for my voice over work I use my Rode NT-1 :)

What microphone(s) do you use?

I was using my crappy headset microphone but it's been getting substantially crappier for a little while now and after moving the whole setup into my new office it's just godawful.

My new mic arrived today though and it's AMAZING. I can't wait to start using it for my let's plays and who knows what else!
It's a Neewer USB Recording Condenser Mic - NW - 700 - USB
Under $50 and it came with a bunch of cool stuff too!

08303-fa75f685-b5bd-4b9d-877f-9dfc02876ad1.png

08303-cb926da7-e420-490e-b6f7-2995c270f6dd.png

Reactions: GearVlogz

EplxPro

I use the Mic from my Logitech G230 Stereo Gaming Headset mic It does that job for what I need right now.

jjaaxxthelegend

I'd recommend the RODE-NT USB :D It's a great mic :) For arms I actually got a mic with an internal cable and I LOVE it so much less clutter.

Im with you all the way on the RODE. Awesome mics- really easy to eq. We use them for the band and I use the NT USB for videos.

Reactions: Damon

EV Nick

TubeBuddy Pro
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I use the Rode Video Micro, i did a sound test with 3 mics and the sound quality for this budget mic is just WOW

Updated To Follow forum Rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

THE TECHIE TECH

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Not using any mic yet, recording videos with smartphone and voiceover with same. still i am cheap enough LOL!

GearVlogz

TubeBuddy Pro
www.gearvlogz.com
Subscriber Goal
I recently just purchased this: Movo VXR4000-PRO Shotgun Video Condenser Microphone for DSLR Video Cameras with Suspension Mount, 2-Step High Pass Filter and 3-Stage Audio Level Controls. So far I've been happy with the results that I've gotten. The true test will be this weekend after Monterey Car Week.
71HotMw2enL._SL1188_.jpg

--- Post updated ---
Andrew, are you using the NTG4+ as a handheld microphone or Boom microphone for your IRL filming?
Just updated my Mic for IRL Film-making now using the RODE NTG4+

DjrzR3tVsAE-ZCU.jpg:large

Reactions: TubeBuddy
OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I recently just purchased this: Movo VXR4000-PRO Shotgun Video Condenser Microphone for DSLR Video Cameras with Suspension Mount, 2-Step High Pass Filter and 3-Stage Audio Level Controls. So far I've been happy with the results that I've gotten. The true test will be this weekend after Monterey Car Week.
71HotMw2enL._SL1188_.jpg

--- Post updated ---
Andrew, are you using the NTG4+ as a handheld microphone or Boom microphone for your IRL filming?

Boom microphone! I use the rode reporter for handheld operations! :D

sUnShInE5

I've been researching options for creating a quiet space for phone calls and meetings in the office. One interesting solution I came across is the HushPhone from Hushoffice https://hushoffice.com/en-us/product/hushphone-2/. The HushPhone is an office telephone booth designed to offer a calm, private, and quiet space for calls. It takes up less than 1 m², making it a compact addition to any office.What stands out about the HushPhone is its mobility. Thanks to a system of built-in wheels, it can be easily moved around the office as needed.
The glass panels not only provide a sense of spaciousness but also ensure that the booth remains well-lit.In terms of functionality, the HushPhone is quite user-friendly. Inside, it features an ergonomic armrest, which doubles as storage space or a support during calls. Additionally, there’s a folding worktop that can be used to place a laptop or tablet. This makes it versatile enough for both short calls and longer video conferences.