• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

What Microphones do you Use?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I personally use Rode Microphones for everything. For in person video I boom a Rode VideoMic Pro, and for my voice over work I use my Rode NT-1 :)

What microphone(s) do you use?

DragoNate

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
Blue Snowball. It was the cheapest, yet highest quality mic I could get at the time, and I'm glad I did! I'm hoping to be able to get either the Razer Seiren mic soon, or something else of higher quality. Also really want a mic arm, shock mount and proper pop filter. This way the mic can be adjusted to go wherever and I don't have to sit so far forward :D

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Blue Snowball. It was the cheapest, yet highest quality mic I could get at the time, and I'm glad I did! I'm hoping to be able to get either the Razer Seiren mic soon, or something else of higher quality. Also really want a mic arm, shock mount and proper pop filter. This way the mic can be adjusted to go wherever and I don't have to sit so far forward :D

I'd recommend the RODE-NT USB :D It's a great mic :) For arms I actually got a mic with an internal cable and I LOVE it so much less clutter.

Life Effects

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
NTA1 ftw :)

Coudn't find the clean image ^^
vlog.jpg

Reactions: DragoNate

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
I personally use Rode Microphones for everything. For in person video I boom a Rode VideoMic Pro, and for my voice over work I use my Rode NT-1 :)

What microphone(s) do you use?

@Andrew and @Ikerot sold me on the NT-1 (Rode brand in general tbh) and I love their stuff... so its my main microphone.

I've also got a Shure SM7B and an Astatic CTM 1500vp which are rarely used these days because of how good the NT-1 is.

For my DSLR, my mic of choice is the Rode VideoMic Go (because I hate carrying extra batteries and if I really cared about audio quality I'd likely not use a shotgun mic personally... likely would use a handheld mic or a lapel mic.)

EDIT: Recently picked up a Zoom H5 and Rode SmartLav+ for my DSLR.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ikerot

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Currently using the Audio-Technica BP40. When I use my iphone to record, I had the Shure MV88 but I've now switched over to the Rode VideoMicro :F

Mark_LifeBeginsAt20

Subscriber Goal
Blue Yeti for my voiceover work, but a Rode VideoMicro on my camera. Both doing a fantastic job for me and no need right now to upgrade the yeti to a true professional level mic. New lenses, lighting and computer are higher on the priority list :p

Reactions: TubeBuddy

Draconicrose

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Honestly, I use my headset mic and it does the job. I'm looking to get a Blue Yeti as soon as I can afford to though.

Jay

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm with DragoNate. The Blue Snowball has done incredibly well for a cheap microphone. Once I reach 1,000 subscribers, I will think about potentially getting a new microphone. For now, I'm just going for fun!

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Being a musician in a former life, microphones are my thing! I use a Sennheiser e835 for podcast-type work. I use a SE Electronics shot gun microphone--no longer produced--for most of my dslr camera work outside. I use a Giant Squid lavalier microphone for off axis work on my dlsr. I also have a Tascma DR 40 recorder and a Benhriger Q502 USB mixer.

I came form the audio side and learned video. For me the audio is like more important than the video.

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Being a musician in a former life, microphones are my thing! I use a Sennheiser e835 for podcast-type work. I use a SE Electronics shot gun microphone--no longer produced--for most of my dslr camera work outside. I use a Giant Squid lavalier microphone for off axis work on my dlsr. I also have a Tascma DR 40 recorder and a Benhriger Q502 USB mixer.

I came form the audio side and learned video. For me the audio is like more important than the video.

People can excuse bad visual, but very rarely can excuse bad audio. Whether we realize it or not, we hear things before we see them.

LineyDampzENT

Subscriber Goal

I Also Use The Snowball I've Microphone I Have The White One It Does The Job.

Obi Shinobi

I use a Razer seiren I got when I started school(computer animation) so I would have something nice to do voiceovers for animations for class. It works pretty decently. nowhere near as rough as the webcam mic i use to use.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I use a Razer seiren I got when I started school(computer animation) so I would have something nice to do voiceovers for animations for class. It works pretty decently. nowhere near as rough as the webcam mic i use to use.
oh yeah, I remember that mic when it came out. I never actually checked out the quality or if anybody is using it or not. How is it compared to something like the Blue Yeti?