• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

What Recording software do you use?

HippoZoned

youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Wow every reply here is so dated, most of the software everyone uses is either dated or obsolete other than OBS

The two best I've found are DXTory and Mirlillis, I also been testing ShadowPlay lately but its only an option if you have an Nvidia GPU

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
Wow every reply here is so dated, most of the software everyone uses is either dated or obsolete other than OBS

The two best I've found are DXTory and Mirlillis, I also been testing ShadowPlay lately but its only an option if you have an Nvidia GPU

Its one of those things where in the creative process you use what you find works for you. I still have a software I use for my design business that is over 6 years old and I have no intention of paying to update to a newer version of it because the current that I own works just fine. It is like used cars... just because they are a bit old doesn't mean they can't be amazing with the right owner ;).

That said my recordings are done via OBS.

booger

On my pc I use GeForce Experience (Shadowplay) since I have a NVIDIA card. My son uses ReLive on his pc because he has an AMD card. Both seem to provide a little bit better quality, imho, than OBS for recordings. However, when I stream I use OBS because of the features it includes.

Lady April

Recognized Member
Subscriber Goal
We use OBS for like downloaded games. Off browser stuffs.
But for On browser stuff like reactions oooor just a Flash game on newgrounds we use the free version Screencast-o-matic. Both are fairly simples to use and are free. We work with what we got and if they work! Thats great!

BrandoF2P

my channel is mainly based on a Mobile game so I use the Samsung S8 built in game recording features. I have also used youtube gaming (android) to stream and record.
if i am on PC I use OBS to record

Limitless HD

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy User
When im recording games on PS4 I usually use my Elgato Game Capture HD. But when Im on PC i use Nvidia Shadowplay

NerdyEquinox

I use Fraps for recording and OBS for streaming on twitch and youtube. What seems to be your issue?
I use action to record and obs for streaming/recording at times. I also have shadowplay as backup. For editing, after effects and premiere pro are my go to, but sony vegas is nice as well.

Cabbitude

TubeBuddy Pro
www.CabbitudeGaming.com
Subscriber Goal
I use OBS to record my games but have had some problems with it. so what recording software do you use?

Right now I use OBS to record my gameplay or anything else on my screens.
I also record my audio separatedly using Audacity.
I have a hotkey set up so they both start recording at the same(ish) time, though it's never quite precise so I usually keep the audio recording on in OBS long enough for a countdown+clap, then turn it off. That way I can align them properly in post.

EplxPro

OBS is awesome. Back in the old days, I used fraps but its so much easier for me now to use OBS.

GraphicsCow

I used to use Bandicam, then switched to OBS when I tried streaming. Ever since then, I record video and desktop audio using OBS and record my voice using Audacity.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I used to use Bandicam, then switched to OBS when I tried streaming. Ever since then, I record video and desktop audio using OBS and record my voice using Audacity.
OBS can record multiple audio and separate them in different audio track :eek: That's what I do so then I don't need to use audition to record my voice. Then again, it also depends on what you're editing on. It's easy for me because I use premiere and audition.

GraphicsCow

OBS can record multiple audio and separate them in different audio track :eek: That's what I do so then I don't need to use audition to record my voice. Then again, it also depends on what you're editing on. It's easy for me because I use premiere and audition.

I know, I just use Audacity so I can edit my voice (to remove background noise + sound better) straight off of there :p

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I know, I just use Audacity so I can edit my voice (to remove background noise + sound better) straight off of there :p
Haha, I get ya. It's easier for me because with audition and premiere, I can get the audio track straight from premiere and edit it in audition without having to open up audition and record it there.