• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

What Recording software do you use?

KingChocmate

I use OBS to record my games but have had some problems with it. so what recording software do you use?

OP
OP
KingChocmate

KingChocmate

I use Fraps for recording and OBS for streaming on twitch and youtube. What seems to be your issue?
so when i record a video of a game it doesn't lag my computer or everything and everything looks fine even on the preview screen and then when i watch the video it starts to go kinda pixelated when i start moving.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
so when i record a video of a game it doesn't lag my computer or everything and everything looks fine even on the preview screen and then when i watch the video it starts to go kinda pixelated when i start moving.

This sounds like an over encoding issue, what are your current settings for OBS? Are you using normal OBS or OBS studio? :)

Reactions: KingChocmate

RSDAngelOnFire

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
I suggest saving as a flv and then converting there is a program by the same people who made OBS called FLV Extract. It has a cute little pink sheep as it's logo. It sounds like your computer is having conversion issues. mp4s are fickle I have found. Hope this helps!

OP
OP
KingChocmate

KingChocmate

I suggest saving as a flv and then converting there is a program by the same people who made OBS called FLV Extract. It has a cute little pink sheep as it's logo. It sounds like your computer is having conversion issues. mp4s are fickle I have found. Hope this helps!
ok i will try now, thanks!

Tressmania

I got Xsplit for free for 3 months when I bought my Avermedia capture card. So I'm using that now.. But will prob. be using OBS after the 3 months is over... Unless I suddenly get a million views on YouTube, or thousands of people use my affiliate links to buy stuff on my website that is...:) But I have to save up to upgrade my super low end PC first... (I bought the almost cheapest motherboard and CPU I found in 2013, and a 750ti in 2015) still using that.. cannot stream or capture many of the new games... but there are some fun low spec games on steam... And I do have a PS3 original 60 gb.. with a broken blue-ray player.. that I can capture from...:-D hehe Not easy being a poor YouTuber.. But it will be fine..:)

Reactions: KingChocmate

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I use OBS to record more of my desktop stuff and to livestream. For gaming, I use Bandicam.

TimrGames

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Im using Bandicam paid version for 1 PC, i've got an bad pc, and does not get any lag spikes with the correct settings of bandicam, Need any help? contact me :p

Reactions: TubeBuddy

Jay

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I, too, use Bandicam to record. It's a very lightweight screen recording software that definitely gets the job done. I have been using it for years now and certainly do not regret purchasing it!

Reactions: Ikerot

FIRERIN

Subscriber Goal
I'm not sure if OBS allows you to set or change bitrate before it renders but that could be your issue. Usually with 1080p I shoot for a bitrate of 10min 12max

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm not sure if OBS allows you to set or change bitrate before it renders but that could be your issue. Usually with 1080p I shoot for a bitrate of 10min 12max

To answer this question, you can :)
OBS bitrarte.png

Reactions: Jay