• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips How to get a lot of people to sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killam90

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Do something that is unique. Use what you like and I am sure that a lot of people will be in the same boat. And just do it for fun.

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Guess hard work and dedication isnΓÇÖt paying off. We should have at least 500 subscribers and 2500 views; weΓÇÖre well below that milestone given the fact the channel is now 8 years old.

This is not meant as disrespect so don't take it the wrong way. Attached with this post is a screenshot from your channels front page. The first thing I see when I visit it. The videos in the image are from the last 2-3 months.
quality.jpg

The previews from does videos doesn't look like they are from 2020. They don't look like videos from a channel that have kept on improving trying to make each video better than the previous one for 8 years. They look like they could be the first videos published by a channel 8 years ago. I'm not judging the content here since I'm not in the target audience for it, but just looking at what I see from does images I would most likely not watch a video in any of my niches if the looked like they where recorded 8-10 or more years ago.

When I look at a few of the videos if feels like you have put no effort into making the environment look nice and professional. Now I'm not a very tidy person myself and parts of my apartment is often a mess but if I recorded a video at my apartment I would always make sure that the environment seen in the video looked as good and professional as possible. To give you an example look at the room in this video at 13:58, how it look, what you see in the background:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGGFMsMrqYc

Then compare it to this video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTsmiOesAoU

Notice how easier the background are to the eye when it's in order no trash or chaos. Also notice how he with editing jumps from different scenes show him behind a camera, in front of the camera, him in front of his desk, him sitting at the desk and so on giving a bit more variation to what we see while he is talking.

Another example, here is a video with someone that actually have a bit more chaos in the background, notice how he has blurred out the background and all focus are on him so you don't notice the background:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlYY3ddu2bc

Looking at the first video I linked, the one from your channel, look at the lighting at 13:58 it's not even on the person talking, half of the face is in a bit of shadow, instead the lighting is focusing at the "trash" in the background on the right side. What's up with that? If I recorded a video and noticed something like that I would have rerecorded it.

Another thing I noticed when I check out your channel is that you are lacking consistency. Consistency are extremely important to most channels on YouTube. You say that you have been doing it for 8 years but it really seems like you just uploaded a few videos every now and then during does years. I took a 2018 and 2019:

This is your channel 2019
January - 0 videos
February - 0 videos
March - 0 videos
April - 0 videos
May - 0 videos
June - 2 videos
July - 0 videos
August - 0 videos
September - 0 videos
October - 0 videos
November - 3 videos
December - 0 videos

During 2019 you published 5 videos. You published videos 2 out of 12 months. That is on average a video 0.09 videos a week during a year.
That is 10 months your subscribers had to go without a single new video, that is 47 weeks your subscribers had to go without a single videos.

This is your channel 2018
January - 0 videos
February - 0 videos
March - 0 videos
April - 3 videos
May - 0 videos
June - 0 videos
July - 0 videos
August - 0 videos
September - 2 videos
October - 0 videos
November - 4 videos
December - 2 videos

During 2018 you published 11 videos. You published videos 4 out of 12 months. That is on average a video 0.21 videos a week during a year.
That is 8 months your subscribers had to go without a single new video, that is 41 weeks your subscribers had to go without a single videos.

If someone found your channel and noticed that it hadn't published a new video for 5 months do you believe that person is likely to subscribe or do that person believe that the channel is dead? If a subscriber goes through her subscription list doing some cleanup and notice that this channel rarely post new content, do you believe there is a risk that your channel is one of the channels that get removed during the cleanup?

As I said in the beginning I'm not writing this to be mean I do believe you can make it, you just need to analyze your videos and data the way I have done here and you can probably do it even better since you belong to the target audience and know about the content and the niche. You also know about your competitors and can compare the quality of what they do to your own content. We are just at the start of a new year, what better time to come up with a plan for the channel for 2021? If I was you I would try something like:
  • Publish 2 new videos a week every week during 2021.
  • Try to make a set for the recording. A decently professional looking environment where you record. This doesn't have to cost any money, it could just move all the stuff away from the wall you record in front of. Or if you want to spend a small amount of money maybe paint the wall or get some cheep "talk show" looking furniture and background.
  • Lighting - if you look at Amazon you can pick up some cheap low budget lighting for less than $30.
  • Camera - now cameras cost money and I don't know your budget but you should be able to record with better quality than your current just using a smartphone from the last few years together with some decent lighting.
Then you need to do a lot of experimenting, analyze each new video you made what can you do better next time? Perhaps the lighting was a bit off and you need to move the light a tiny bit. Perhaps you where rambling to much and you need a tighter script, perhaps your editing was poor making the video feel slow and boring and you need to step up the editing for the next video and so on.

Study your competition, what do they do better than you? Try to learn from them. What of their videos perform above average, is that topics you should try to cover?

Remember you can't do what you always have done and expect a different result. The only way to get different results is to try new and different things.

Attachments

• quality.jpg
    quality.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 140
Status
Not open for further replies.