• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips How to get a lot of people to sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
what kinds of videos do I need to make to get people to subscribe

Use your self to analyze the situation. You probably watched thousands of YouTube videos during your life time and most likely you only subscribed to a small fraction of the channels behind does videos. What made you subscribe to the channels you actually subscribed to? And what made you not subscribe to all the other channels?

Reactions: Nevin

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
This post was in the wrong section, I moved it for you. Please ensure to read the rules for our forums so you don't end up with your posts being deleted. Thank you.

Forum Rules

MidlifewithSweetT

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I super wish they had a way to search by demographic....I want to know what other people my age are searching for! I feel like I just don't know how to phrase things to not compete with the super large college kid channels. I need my gen x and boomers!!!

Reactions: voteforthegirls

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
There's not really a specific answer to "what kinds of videos do I make to get people to subscribe" because we all enjoy different types of content. You just have to pick a type of video and see what works best for you. Early on, it's okay to experiment on a few different types of videos to see what does well on your channel. Then as you go forward, you can narrow your channel down to the type of content that does best on your channel. After that, focus on one specific type of video so that when people do find your channel, they know what type of videos to expect from you. Once you have picked a specific type of video, you can use keywords to narrow down your video search terms, so that when someone is looking for that specific keyword your video will be more likely to show up. You can't make a specific type of video and expect literally EVERYONE to subscribe, because we all enjoy watching different types of content, and you can't please everyone. If you try and please everyone and make videos hoping that everyone will subscribe, you will never get the results you want. So instead, focus on one type of content (like a specific game, for example or a specific type of game (like roleplaying games, fighting games, shooters, etc) and stick to posting that same type of content to your channel. Eventually, people will subscribe to you because they enjoy that type of content that you are posting.

It is also important to not give up and to stay consistent when posting, because every big YouTuber was starting out at one point. They had to figure out what content works best for their channels as well. But if you give up and stop posting content, then you will never get the results you want because subscribers subscribe to a channel that is active.

thegaminggoose

Subscriber Goal
I super wish they had a way to search by demographic....I want to know what other people my age are searching for! I feel like I just don't know how to phrase things to not compete with the super large college kid channels. I need my gen x and boomers!!!
Gen X here. Subbed. Now teach me how to not to have a midlife crisis!

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I super wish they had a way to search by demographic....I want to know what other people my age are searching for!

I don't believe that it's that easy. I think it have a lot more to do with interests than age. You could have 10 people who are all 30 years old where one is into sports and do a lot of searches about that, one is into travelling and to a lot of searches about that, one is into gaming and to a lot of searchers about that and so on.

But it's even more, even people who are into the same main niche may be interested in completely different sub niches and because of that their searches have little in common. If two people are into sports one may be only into hockey and basketball and the other only into football so one of them is searching for hockey and baskeball and one for football. If two people are into travelling one may be into backpacking and exploring while the other is into chilling at the hotel pool and visit popular tourist land marks. Making their searches very different. And of course the gamers one might be playing fps games battle royal, the other is into complex grand strategy games and once again you have two people who's searches have very little in common and they may have zero shared interests.

So you need to be munch more detailed when it comes to your target audience for the information to be valuable. Lets say you have a channel that focus on sport and you notice that most of your viewers have football as their main sport of interest, Liverpool as their favouirete team and they live in the UK. Then it could be of interest for you to know more about what people who like football, are Liverpool fans and live in the UK search for.

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Before I tell you anything .. I want to ask you one question ..

Why do you want to make videos and get subscribers ???

• Love
Reactions: Damon

hendra k

[QUOTE = "Nevin, pos: 106918, anggota: 50885"]
jenis video apa yang saya butuhkan untuk membuat orang berlangganan
[/KUTIPAN]
cobalah konsisten membuat video yang kamu suka secara terus menerus dan share video mu kepada orang yang menyukai hal yang sama dengan apa yang kamu suka atau setidaknya membutuhkan konten yang sama dengan yang kamu suka..

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Not YouTube-specific, but...

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Before I tell you anything .. I want to ask you one question ..

Why do you want to make videos and get subscribers ???

This. Once you know why, then it's easy to develop a how. Without a strong why, you're just chasing wind.

The most revealing thing is the original post has nothing to do with the videos themselves. It seems to be chasing fame and glory only. Almost as if the videos are second in concern, that getting more subs is all that matters. That's a sure way not to get subs.

• Love
Reactions: kitchen c/o ammama

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
@MidlifewithSweetT, I'm gen X and a least half of my audience is older than me (boomers). You type the words you say.

Instead of "how to pay bills after divorce," no one talks like that. Ask, "how the freak do i pay the bills after divorce." You should notice better search result, at least I do for my channel weighted score.

Start typing your keyword phrases is very human term in the word you use everyday. That's how you find your demographic.

For instance the youngsters use words like sketchy when something doesn't seem right.

College Kids: "This is kind of sketchy?!" (This is often spoken with raised intonation at the end of the sentence similar to asking a question, an inflection highlighting the precariousness of the situation.)

Gen X: "Man, this sh*t f*cked up!" (Think Snoop Dog.)

Boomers: "This is FUBARED." (Remember Saving Private Ryan?)

My point is the way you naturally speak, the phrases and words you use will cater to one generation over another.

Also remember that people in your situation who are about your age will naturally find you because they relate better to someone their own age. I mean a college kid who got married because they got drunk in Vegas during spring break 8 months ago is a complete different person than Gen Xer in their 40s who has slugged it out for 20 years with some wife-beating deadbeat or some axe-murdering-psycho-hose-witch.

Last edited:

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
We canΓÇÖt come up with any other resolution besides those options: buying views and subscribers. After trying everything we could think of legally. Advertising and lots of it was one option but that could possibly will not work.

You need to understand what bought subs are worthless. Not only do you risk having your YouTube account banned but also the bought subs wont watch your videos. Why on earth would anyone like to have subscribers that don't watch your videos? Imagine beaning a channel with 100 000 subscribers and only get 100 views on your videos. I rather be a channel with 100 subscribers and get 500 views.

Only way to make it on YouTube is by hard work and dedication. Slow but real organic growth. What you should do is ask yourself how you can make your videos better, more interesting, get longer audience retention. If you look at other channels within your niche that are doing better, what's the difference between your videos and their videos? What can you learn from it?

• Love
Reactions: Damon

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I commend you for a longtime effort. What 248 videos? That's a lot of work.

Here comes the hard part. Don't take this the wrong way, but after looking at your channel, your content simply isn't good enough. What's more saying things like we should have xx subscribers and xx views wreaks of entitlement and unjust due. Just because you work hard at something doesn't mean you are guaranteed success.

Your content is severely lacking. I would highly suggest you read "How to Shoot Video That Doesn't Suck," by Steve Stockman. That changed the trajectory of my channel.

Also, it's okay if you decide to disband, everyone going their separate ways. I shut down two channels before the channel I have now. You have given it a good shot, but often the ultimate success doesn't look like what's you're doing right now. There is a whole world of possibility, a whole world to explore. There comes a when you're better served by doing something else, but that is a decision you and your friends have to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.