• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Automotive Any other petrol heads out there?

OP
OP
EnglishwithLiz

EnglishwithLiz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I still need to do some work on it but the vr6 is known to have one of the nicest sounds out there for a small "V6"
IMO, don't overdo it and try to keep the sound and pops & bangs subtle - much cooler. Maybe I'm getting too old! :) My car is just on the cusp and sometimes it embarresses itself and me. :confused:

R2 mk2vr6

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
You're 100% right. My goal isn't to have a straight piped neighbor disturber either lmao! I was just curious to see if the 2step worked because of the new chip.

Reactions: EnglishwithLiz

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
Well you learn something new every day - Itasha build? Obvs Googled it, but what have you got planned?

Haven't fully pinned all the details out yet but I do know that I want to do a full custom exhaust setup with valve control on it, I want to do a Carbon Fiber spoiler on it although nothing insanely huge because I generally hate huge wings, I'd like to have a custom carbon fiber steering wheel design done and then of course a wrap and probably some interior lights. Being that I'll need to get my wonderful girlfriend's sign off on it the Itasha will probably be Evangelion themed after Unit 00 and Rei Ayanami meaning an overall base color of blue and likely blue lighting. I'm not someone who works on their own car and is a mechanical expert so I'll be consulting a few local builders to see what I can do performance wise with it.

OP
OP
EnglishwithLiz

EnglishwithLiz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Haven't fully pinned all the details out yet but I do know that I want to do a full custom exhaust setup with valve control on it, I want to do a Carbon Fiber spoiler on it although nothing insanely huge because I generally hate huge wings, I'd like to have a custom carbon fiber steering wheel design done and then of course a wrap and probably some interior lights. Being that I'll need to get my wonderful girlfriend's sign off on it the Itasha will probably be Evangelion themed after Unit 00 and Rei Ayanami meaning an overall base color of blue and likely blue lighting. I'm not someone who works on their own car and is a mechanical expert so I'll be consulting a few local builders to see what I can do performance wise with it.

Thanks for the reply Aaron and yet again you are teaching me about new stuff. Not sure I am into the Evangelion stuff but hey, why not. Back in the day and pre wrap, my husband did his own custom paint job as a homage to Dark Side of the Moon, and that certainly raised a few eyebrows.

I am with you on these big spoilers, not for me, and in fact I loved the one on my previous car, an Audi TTS, that retracted to keep the smooth lines when you wanted it. Mind you, the designers certainly made a programming error for the UK market - the spoiler automatically rose when you hit 72mph, a bit of a giveaway to the police as the max speed limit here is 70mph - doh!

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for the reply Aaron and yet again you are teaching me about new stuff. Not sure I am into the Evangelion stuff but hey, why not. Back in the day and pre wrap, my husband did his own custom paint job as a homage to Dark Side of the Moon, and that certainly raised a few eyebrows.

I am with you on these big spoilers, not for me, and in fact I loved the one on my previous car, an Audi TTS, that retracted to keep the smooth lines when you wanted it. Mind you, the designers certainly made a programming error for the UK market - the spoiler automatically rose when you hit 72mph, a bit of a giveaway to the police as the max speed limit here is 70mph - doh!

Picking Evangelion is mostly to please my girlfriend and get her sign off on it. My preferred design would likely be Gundam related. Likely based off the 00 Raiser from Mobile Suit Gundam 00 but that design would definitely end up taking me to the limits of the laws in CA as far as lights go as IΓÇÖd want to have a bunch of green lighting strips and panels that at the turn of a switch could go off or turn red and in California that is sure to be problematic because red lights at all visible from the front of the car is strictly prohibited and green is generally a cop magnet from what IΓÇÖm told. WeΓÇÖll see how far I can get I guess without getting myself in trouble .

I totally agree on the retractable wing thing. So many awesome designs that use those especially in the hypercar range. Likely the coolest moving wing designs Ive seen would be the McLaren Senna or the Koenigsegg Regera.

I want to see if I can find something at all similar to the design Vorsteiner did for their Lamborghini Huracan kit. Likely that design will not exist for this car and IΓÇÖll probably end up going to a manufacturer to get a custom one off part.

neCARmancer

I've been a gearhead my whole life. I'm currently restoring an 1985 Lincoln Hearse. I grew up watching stuff like the Munsters and always wanted to have a cool coach like theirs or Grandpas Dragula car. I also suffer from a carcane addiction and have owned way to many cars in my life.

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Well, being a kiwi, it was good ole Aussie built Ford or Holden V8s, had both and they were awesome machines, but now I live in Asia so had to give up them toys. Even though I paint expensive exotics on canvas, my ideal ride would probably be the Mitsubishi EVO 9, like on 2 fast 2 furious, but not quite like that, or the Mk4 Supra, or the R34 GTR Skyline although this one is ridiculously costly, thereΓÇÖs always the R33 though, hmmm looks like IΓÇÖm a bit of a JDM fan :blush: