• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Automotive Any other petrol heads out there?

EnglishwithLiz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
What is the stereotypical passion of a middle aged, female, English Teacher????

Well in my profession I have yet to find someone who shares my passion for fast cars, so I thought I would reach out here to find if there are any kindred spirits? I know one of the moderators @Aaron is, but anyone else?

I am working my way up to getting a supercar, but in the meantime I drive a supercar beater (well it's faster than most), my beloved red TTRS. I am currently trying to work out how I can incorporate the car into an English teaching video :)

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
My brothers both are in the real, hands-on sense. They've both restored several classic American muscle cars. I'm more someone that appreciates driving them over working on them.

I live close to the Barrett-Jackson auction, so last year they came out and the three of us spent the week at the auction. In the US, that is pretty much THE auto auction to attend. One of the most amazing collections of cars you will ever see. They have a website and are doing virtual auctions due to COVID.

OP
OP
EnglishwithLiz

EnglishwithLiz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
My brothers both are in the real, hands-on sense. They've both restored several classic American muscle cars. I'm more someone that appreciates driving them over working on them.

I live close to the Barrett-Jackson auction, so last year they came out and the three of us spent the week at the auction. In the US, that is pretty much THE auto auction to attend. One of the most amazing collections of cars you will ever see. They have a website and are doing virtual auctions due to COVID.

Just had a look. There are some superb cars there! - just love the Porsche Speedster - guess I am a sucker for Bauhaus. They even have a Sunbeam Alpine, my hubby's first car although he had the Tiger with the Shelby V8.

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
Just had a look. There are some superb cars there! - just love the Porsche Speedster - guess I am a sucker for Bauhaus. They even have a Sunbeam Alpine, my hubby's first car although he had the Tiger with the Shelby V8.
What makes the auction fun is that you have people auctioning project cars, people auctioning full restorations, people auctioning conversions and a lot of limited-edition cars. You can see just about anything you can imagine and if a specific car isn't there, you can find someone who knows someone who can help you find that car.

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
What is the stereotypical passion of a middle aged, female, English Teacher????

Well in my profession I have yet to find someone who shares my passion for fast cars, so I thought I would reach out here to find if there are any kindred spirits? I know one of the moderators @Aaron is, but anyone else?

I am working my way up to getting a supercar, but in the meantime I drive a supercar beater (well it's faster than most), my beloved red TTRS. I am currently trying to work out how I can incorporate the car into an English teaching video :)

True I am a bit of an automotive addict. Currently in the planning stage for my next 2 car purchases which right now looks like the first is going to be a Dodge Charger (Its time to have some American muscle back in the garage). Second one right now is likely going to be a Subaru BRZ for me to do somewhat of an Itasha build with (assuming my girlfriend will actually let me LOL).

I've never had the pleasure of experiencing an Audi TT before but I have driven both generations of the R8 and it was quite nice. One way you could incorporate the car into a video would be to cover different English words for automotive stuff. EX: People in the UK saying Petrol instead of Gas.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
My automobile fascination is limited to TV show cars like Knight Rider and The A-Team and my dream car a 69' Camaro Convertable in red with white stripes.

AussieBangerz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I'm a fan of muscle cars for sure..
Not really into the supercar scene tho..

I've got an Aussie made V8 HSV Maloo..
LS3 Chevy V8 under the hood with the standard mods, intake, exhaust, cam etc...

Vrmmmmm nice and loud too :)

Reactions: EnglishwithLiz
OP
OP
EnglishwithLiz

EnglishwithLiz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
One way you could incorporate the car into a video would be to cover different English words for automotive stuff. EX: People in the UK saying Petrol instead of Gas.
Thanks Aaron. Yes I had looked at this and think it is the way to go, especially with a comparison between UK and America - What the hell is a stick shift????? :D

• Haha
Reactions: Aaron

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
Don't get me started! There is of course a third term for that now, a froot (front boot) - on electric cars like a Tesla. Can't see that catching on :confused:
BTW, I LOVE the idea of episodes on regional words for the same thing. A car episode, a kitchen episode (rocket?? a courgette??). Not to mention an episode on portmanteaus.

But then again, you probably shouldn't take episode advice from someone with a lower subscriber count than you... :D

Reactions: EnglishwithLiz
OP
OP
EnglishwithLiz

EnglishwithLiz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
BTW, I LOVE the idea of episodes on regional words for the same thing. A car episode, a kitchen episode (rocket?? a courgette??). Not to mention an episode on portmanteaus.

But then again, you probably shouldn't take episode advice from someone with a lower subscriber count than you... :D
The car one is work in progress. I think to start with I will try an intro using the Vertical Video under 60 seconds format

OP
OP
EnglishwithLiz

EnglishwithLiz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
The car one is work in progress. I think to start with I will try an intro using the Vertical Video under 60 seconds format

Have produced a vertical video and posted on TikTok to test it as I am not sure if it will damage my channel if I post it on YT. Would love to get feedback from this forum, but I am not sure if I am allowed to post the TikTok link