• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion How many subscribers do you gain and lose a month?

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I have never paid attention to the exact numbers. I tend to get +75 a month. I am sure I lose some as well, but as long as it continues to increase, I am ok with that. The trend is more important to me than the exact numbers.

Reactions: Kari B

Travel Interesante

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
As a fellow travel channel I found this as well, my views and subs tailed off from about April onwards and are only starting to pick up again now. I am a little concerned about what will happen when/if we get a second wave so I'm planing videos that fit the niche but hopefully won't be too affected if we have another lockdown.

Right, unfortunately it is the only thing we can do at this point. Definitely did not expect for this to last this long, but just need to do our best to deal with the new reality.

OP
OP
Kari B

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yep, and something else IΓÇÖve changed for the better, IΓÇÖm not even mentioning to subscribe and click this and that in my videos now, I just get straight to what IΓÇÖm doing, and just run a small graphic near the start, thatΓÇÖs all, I found this change made the viewers more relaxed and not pressured into clicking here and clicking there, small changes can make a big difference.
I had been looking at how to do this because I'm currently remind people at the end - it always seems rude to ask at the beginning - but not everyone makes it that far, so I was thinking of putting a small graphic with bell noise mid-way once they have seen a bit of what I'm about and like it enough to keep watching for a few minutes.

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I had been looking at how to do this because I'm currently remind people at the end - it always seems rude to ask at the beginning - but not everyone makes it that far, so I was thinking of putting a small graphic with bell noise mid-way once they have seen a bit of what I'm about and like it enough to keep watching for a few minutes.
Yeah I found that most viewers donΓÇÖt really make it to the end, so a few minutes in and I insert the CGI subscribe button, that way everyone can get the idea without being overly annoyed.

Oh, about trying to insert the graphic, I use Videoleap to do most of my editing, and thereΓÇÖs a section which has a few different graphic subscribe buttons to choose from, thatΓÇÖs how I do it.

Gunjit

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
It hasn't been a month since I started taking youtube seriously, I would probably be able to tell that after a month

OP
OP
Kari B

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yeah I found that most viewers donΓÇÖt really make it to the end, so a few minutes in and I insert the CGI subscribe button, that way everyone can get the idea without being overly annoyed.

Oh, about trying to insert the graphic, I use Videoleap to do most of my editing, and thereΓÇÖs a section which has a few different graphic subscribe buttons to choose from, thatΓÇÖs how I do it.
Thank you very much, I will have a look and see if I can find one I can add or maybe my editing software has one. This is such a good idea. :heart: :heart:

Annbilha

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I see a lot of influencers sharing how many subscribers they gain in a month, and I thought it would be interesting for us to share how many we lose as well. As a new Youtuber, I was always worried when I saw someone had unsubscribed to my channel - wondering what I had done wrong, why they didn't like me anymore, etc. I hope this will help new creators to keep motivated if they see the numbers drop and know that it happens to all of us.

I currently have 436 subscribers, in the last 28 days, I have gained 19 new followers and lost 4.

For the last 3 months av lost over 100 subscribers .am currently at 375 after loosing...its usually a very painful moment when one loses a subscriber.

I have never paid attention to the exact numbers. I tend to get +75 a month. I am sure I lose some as well, but as long as it continues to increase, I am ok with that. The trend is more important to me than the exact numbers.
This is very true ...its very important to focus on the upward trend than the downwards.... Positive vibe is very important to keep one going

OP
OP
Kari B

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
It's helpful to see that I'm not the only one that feels like they lost a friend if someone unsubscribes. I know it's natural and every so often I go through and unsub from channels I no longer watch or enjoy. But when I see that little downward arrow my heart hurts a little. I need to focus more on the hundreds I have left and worry less about the one who went away. :thinking:

Laurenk

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
My subs are going up a little bit at a time but I only have 43 as I'm just starting out. Good Luck everyone

MuhammaRashedulIslam

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
I see a lot of influencers sharing how many subscribers they gain in a month, and I thought it would be interesting for us to share how many we lose as well. As a new Youtuber, I was always worried when I saw someone had unsubscribed to my channel - wondering what I had done wrong, why they didn't like me anymore, etc. I hope this will help new creators to keep motivated if they see the numbers drop and know that it happens to all of us.

I currently have 436 subscribers, in the last 28 days, I have gained 19 new followers and lost 4.
i gain 42 subscriber in 28 days

The Kitchen Gamer

Making Food from everyday and from Video Games
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I've not lost any yet but at the moment I gained +24 over one month at the moment, hopefully increases more in the future.

Joycalixto

my subscribers number go up and down like otherΓÇÖs problem get 10 lost more than 10. Is anyone can explain. Thank you

Fleurdwi Cooking

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
my subscribers number go up and down like otherΓÇÖs problem get 10 lost more than 10. Is anyone can explain. Thank you

Hi, the official Google Youtube documentation mentions 3 reasons

1. viewers are subscribing and unsubscribing, this is a normal phenomenon
2. removing spam subscribers
3. removing closed accounts from the channel (either closed by user or terminated by YouTube by violation of policy)

official documentation: https://support.google.com/youtube/...y-is-my-subscriber-count-changing-or-dropping

Sometimes subscribers unsubscribe because the channel's theme wasn't clear to them, expecting different content than what the creator makes.