• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips Don't expect many subscribers until you have THIS many videos (strategic opinion)

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I found that posting too many varied videos, to gain experience and see what my viewers wanted, really slowed my growth down. I started a second channel and moved half of my videos over - but since then I have been getting daily subs on the first channel and my views and CTR/AVD are much higher. If I could go back and give myself a piece of advice it would be to make varied videos but try and keep to a max three themes when first starting out. I had hotel tours, food hauls, beauty routines, cooking videos, product reviews, vlogs - I don't think my viewers knew what I about.

#ThreeQuotesThursday

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Great piece of advice there Dimitri, IΓÇÖm 2 away from 30 videos and starting to get noticed a bit more or at least some consistency.

keep up the good work!

#ThreeQuotesThursday

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I found that posting too many varied videos, to gain experience and see what my viewers wanted, really slowed my growth down. I started a second channel and moved half of my videos over - but since then I have been getting daily subs on the first channel and my views and CTR/AVD are much higher. If I could go back and give myself a piece of advice it would be to make varied videos but try and keep to a max three themes when first starting out. I had hotel tours, food hauls, beauty routines, cooking videos, product reviews, vlogs - I don't think my viewers knew what I about.

That is interesting, it makes me think about my channel, it focuses on bring three quotes each week delivered in different ways, although each weeks topic is different each one ends with 3 quotes so I wonder if the overall theme of quotes means viewers understand what IΓÇÖm about and the fact that each weeks video is on a different topic isnΓÇÖt having an effect?

I think one week IΓÇÖll have the subject as introductions or origins, that way I can tie quotes on that subject with a bit about why I started my channel, what itΓÇÖs about and what you can expect. YouΓÇÖve given me inspiration here! Thank you.

follow9na

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
So, I've been noticing quite a few new potentially cool channels, the only problem is they tend to only have 2 or 3 videos, and I don't tend to subscribe to many channels unless they have about 20 videos or so.

Roberto Blake often promotes the idea of "make 100 crappy videos" which ties into my theory that you shouldn't start expecting any real subscriber growth until you have at least 20+ videos under your belt.

20+ videos shows people you have commitment, commitment means you're likely to continue producing videos, meaning I probably MIGHT subscribe because there's the potential that you'll be releasing more videos (as long as they're not veriaty and reaction videos)

It took me 30 videos, and 3 months before I got my first 100 subscribers, and I don''t think I got my first 20 subscribers until I had at least 20 videos out. These things take tme.

So at the minimum, don't expect any growth, good SEO or not, until you have a gallery of videos worth subscribing to. even 10 videos isn't going to cut it with me, a month old channel might flake out and give up, so why should I subscribe? 10 videos that are all over the place? why would I think your next video will be what I'm interested in?

20 videos shows you have commitment, you have a clear idea of where you want your channel to go, and that shows a value of trust.

So work on 20 amazing videos FIRST. worry about the subscribers and views later, because until you have 20 videos, you really don't have anything yet. the game has only just started.
informative n inspiring

Reactions: TheHappyKidShow

LiquidOcelot

TubeBuddy User
The OP is right you can easily niche down from your YouTube Search Traffic sources data once you have accumulated a certain amount of videos under your beltΓÇöNumber being 20 to 100 videos.

MyBlocksStrongestMan

Recognized Member
So, I've been noticing quite a few new potentially cool channels, the only problem is they tend to only have 2 or 3 videos, and I don't tend to subscribe to many channels unless they have about 20 videos or so.

Roberto Blake often promotes the idea of "make 100 crappy videos" which ties into my theory that you shouldn't start expecting any real subscriber growth until you have at least 20+ videos under your belt.

20+ videos shows people you have commitment, commitment means you're likely to continue producing videos, meaning I probably MIGHT subscribe because there's the potential that you'll be releasing more videos (as long as they're not veriaty and reaction videos)

It took me 30 videos, and 3 months before I got my first 100 subscribers, and I don''t think I got my first 20 subscribers until I had at least 20 videos out. These things take tme.

So at the minimum, don't expect any growth, good SEO or not, until you have a gallery of videos worth subscribing to. even 10 videos isn't going to cut it with me, a month old channel might flake out and give up, so why should I subscribe? 10 videos that are all over the place? why would I think your next video will be what I'm interested in?

20 videos shows you have commitment, you have a clear idea of where you want your channel to go, and that shows a value of trust.

So work on 20 amazing videos FIRST. worry about the subscribers and views later, because until you have 20 videos, you really don't have anything yet. the game has only just started.
I would reply to this in depth, but I have to go make a new high quality video right now. : ) All the points made here are for sure true. I'm trying to put myself in the viewer's shoes more and more these days and make something that I would like to watch if it were me. Josh Horton, Jenna Bandy, Caleb Nash Feemster, Cassie Horton, Chris Staples.. for example. I'll watch anything they put out, so I have to try to incorporate whatever I like about them into my own though process.

SonicNebula

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Legend
When I started I targeted to make 100 videos. I'm still on it, so far it's 82. Took a month's rest and analyzed my channel thoroughly and optimized each and every video with TB of course. Gaining 2-4 subs and 1or 2 (or less) unsub a week. Video views are up to 2500+ in 48hrs. And it's working.

Now, I'm planning further that where I really wanna go, what else to bring next, more quality/worthy content, so and so.

And yeah, this a great advice for YouTubers asking about SUBS and VIEWS without even having 5-10 videos in their channel. When in the beginning you should start with at least 30-50 topics in your mind in the same niche, out of which you could only get to 10-15 videos. At this stage, you would only begin to learn the way how youtube works. That's it, learn things, and produce videos according to need being consistent, until you reach 50 videos. Here you would surely get some movement form youtube.

I am glad your hard work is starting to pay off :) I am also glad TB SEO is helping. TB SEO honestly is saving me a lot of money so im glad to hear it works :p

Reactions: Simple_Words_Sonal

CelticSpike

TubeBuddy Pro
I am around 30 vids since my most recent upload, so hopefully start to see some increases soon. have had just 1 new sub in last month

SonicNebula

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Legend
I am around 30 vids since my most recent upload, so hopefully start to see some increases soon. have had just 1 new sub in last month

I don't know if your in a gaming niche, but in my opinion, that's good views for a new gaming channel with that much amount of videos like very good. I tried making a game yt but I never had SEO :( - btw 30 is low. honestly its more like 100. The biggest prime example of this is Mr. Beast. he had over 100 videos before he got any real views. how he got so big so darn fast is beyond me but he had a lot of videos and no views. he claims thumbnails I think its thumbnails, yes but I also think he didn't understand SEO yet either. - he found a niche too.... so its three things he found out thumbnails that are big text shocking face expression and outrage title like the biggest blank, get a lot of people to click, but also SEO super important. I think he got advice from someone, to be honest. and the video he finally got a break from was not a video he usually did. it was I forget what it was but its the same thing the does now. like I gave a homeless person 10,000. my point is, there is different ways of growth depending on niche, thumbnails, seo, content, etc.....

CelticSpike

TubeBuddy Pro
. my point is, there is different ways of growth depending on niche, thumbnails, seo, content, etc.....
yeah I get that, and its re-assuring to hear those stories. its just hard at times to resist the "results oriented thinking" and feel like i am doing everything wrong

Randomlifestylevlog

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
We have been going since February and have uploaded 127 videos. We have started doing a specific topic on our channel and we have had a big boost in subscribers. We also posted a few videos which nobody else did and saw our watch hours go up. So we are approaching the 200 subscriber mark and all done organically!

1 more video to upload then IΓÇÖm onto that 20 mark, but then it only just gets me past 20 videos, meaning more work to do, meaning more time to find to get my content made, meaning some hard yakka is coming up, but this is what I wanted so I now get to it!
Luckily there is two of us doing the channel. 3 Videos a week! My gf is the face of the channel and I edit so a lot of work!

itstom

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
We have been going since February and have uploaded 127 videos. We have started doing a specific topic on our channel and we have had a big boost in subscribers. We also posted a few videos which nobody else did and saw our watch hours go up. So we are approaching the 200 subscriber mark and all done organically!

Luckily there is two of us doing the channel. 3 Videos a week! My gf is the face of the channel and I edit so a lot of work!

This is what makes all the difference in my opinion(obviously can't back it up with experience in YT world).
You just have to try different things until you see something picking up traction.
Do research on the videos you want to make and see if you stand a chance against other youtubers.
(above doesn't mean you shouldn't be doing videos you like to make but it just means that you need to be smart about making your videos)
Make sure to interact with audience, reply on every comment, invite people to like/comments/subscribe(don't overdo it tho).

And as everyone else said, keep making videos :)

Reactions: Randomlifestylevlog

Randomlifestylevlog

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
This is what makes all the difference in my opinion(obviously can't back it up with experience in YT world).
You just have to try different things until you see something picking up traction.
Do research on the videos you want to make and see if you stand a chance against other youtubers.
(above doesn't mean you shouldn't be doing videos you like to make but it just means that you need to be smart about making your videos)
Make sure to interact with audience, reply on every comment, invite people to like/comments/subscribe(don't overdo it tho).

And as everyone else said, keep making videos :)
And we have just hit 201 subscribers! It is a lot of hard work believe me but dedication is key!

Reactions: itstom

AngelPheonix

I have noticed my subscriptions going up. I now have 57 videos and I expect that I probably will get to 100 by the end of the year with the travel industry coming back.