• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Gear Question What program do you use to record?

LilFrecklesGaming

Subscriber Goal
Hiya everyone! I have a gaming channel and I am currently using OBS to record my videos with. It seems like I have problem after problem with OBS when it comes to recording. I won't get into that though. However, I am just curious if anyone uses a different program to record your content?

Thank you!

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I mainly use OBS now. It can be tricky if you don't have your settings correct, but I usually only have that issue in the beginning when I'm setting it up.

Other than that, I used to use Bandicam or Dxtory, which I found to be sufficient when I was still recording games.

Reactions: LilFrecklesGaming

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I need to look into that one a bit more I think. I haven't tried it, but whenever I've gamed, Windows likes to remind me it exsists.
Yeah, I know a YouTuber who uses Window's integrated recording software and he says it works relatively well. I've never used it myself so I can't say.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, I know a YouTuber who uses Window's integrated recording software and he says it works relatively well. I've never used it myself so I can't say.
OBS is horrible on my Surface pro 4 when trying to record Minecraft. I suspect some test experiments will be happening this week :p

laurenproctor

laurenproctor32.com
Subscriber Goal
If I'm livestreaming, I use OBS and pipe the stream out to twitch, YouTube, etc. If I am uploading the video after recording, I usually use Camtasia (with Screenflow as a close second).

MrVoidable

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I use my Radeon Software to record most of my stuff, also OBS is a good way to record, Search on YouTube guides on improving settings on OBS.

Jokoman93

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I use obs, I tried using streamlabs obs but had so many quality issues. So I tried OBS and it worked perfectly. The thing about OBS is it automatically adjusts the settings to match your specs which helped me a lot

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I use obs, I tried using streamlabs obs but had so many quality issues. So I tried OBS and it worked perfectly. The thing about OBS is it automatically adjusts the settings to match your specs which helped me a lot
that's interesting, I thought it was the other way around, with streamlabs adjusting settings for quality. I haven't really recorded with either for a while though.

Jarvis Phan

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
For me, if I'm recording audio, I use Logic Pro X and then I use Final Cut Pro X to sync the audio with the video.

rportnoy

Subscriber Goal
Awesome information, hadnΓÇÖt heard of OBS!
OBS studio is a software that is quite powerful for recording and live streaming. Has many features and effects. Available in 32bit and 64bit. nd the most important thing is OBS studio free! :blush::blush::blush:

SwelkDort

Hi guys. I've been using a Windows 10 recorder since I updated it to this version. It really has a good UI, so I find it easy to use. But I think the options it has are not enough for me. So, I found a better screen recorder for Windows. It has more special features that an inbuilt Windows 10 recorder doesn't have. Btw, my new recorder allows me to record both my computer screen and my phone's one. I think it's very comfortable actually. Anyway, thanks for asking. I hope I've helped you guys.

Last edited: