• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Captioning. How long does it take YOU?

Reviews By You

TubeBuddy Legend
I've read multiple times that it helps with search as Google / YouTube read the captions as well but I honestly don't know if that's true or one of the many silly rumours!! I even translated my launch video into several different languages (the captions) and the title / description using TubeBuddy, once again no idea if it helped but I had the time and inclination so why not, sure it can't hurt!

OP
OP
Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Also I noticed when you do it it gives you phantom views for some reason.
I'm not sure what you mean by "phantom" views. Wouldn't that just be extra views from those with hearing difficulties who'd otherwise NOT watch the video, who now have the ability to watch and read the subtitles, thus extra views?

Welcome to Gaming

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I'm not sure what you mean by "phantom" views. Wouldn't that just be extra views from those with hearing difficulties who'd otherwise NOT watch the video, who now have the ability to watch and read the subtitles, thus extra views?
What I mean is, when I do the CC edits, as soon as i'm done and go back to channel dashboard, that video will have had a jump in views. It seems to do it as you're editing the CC, not sure why, I'm sure they'll get trimmed back off later.

OP
OP
Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
What I mean is, when I do the CC edits, as soon as i'm done and go back to channel dashboard, that video will have had a jump in views. It seems to do it as you're editing the CC, not sure why, I'm sure they'll get trimmed back off later.
Interesting. I haven't noticed this myself. I'll try and keep an eye on that and see if I notice anything.