• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Life How does the pandemic affects you?

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
The pandemic cost me my income. Businesses cut their budgets and events were axed around the country. The pandemic has given me a huge opportunity to self improve but I'm not even bringing in enough to pay rent right now.

TanookiAlex

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
It isn't affecting me at all, but it's affecting some of my family members since they have lost business during covid. As we enter phase 2, as long as we keep up with guidelines and we wear masks then we can get back to business and all. Because school's out for like, 6 months now the morning announcements that i've always came on have now stopped since there's nothing to announce anymore. Miss the homies ): .

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The pandemic has given me an opportunity to be at home, doing what I do, and not spend a single Philippine Peso for going out unnecessarily.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Australia is in the midst of a second wave. Nothing on the level of America's second wave, but enough for our government to do some hard lockdowns, and from mid next week, mask wearing is MANDETORY.
Australia doesn't have a constitution like America, so we don't have the same "freedoms" as America, so mask wearing is mandetory and enforced... but we also have free health care, and our overall cases are still under 20k. We declared an emergency once cases started coming in at 20 new cases a day (200 new cases a day is a national emergency) meanwhile America seems fine with 20,000 new cases daily.

Macie

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Gyms are still closed in my country, still working from home, masks are mandatory also! Alcohol ban and smoking! Curfew after 9pm

ChaseEverett

No more stage performances for me since the pandemic. All of my classes have been online. The scariest part is my mom had to be tested a few times because of her work and we're afraid to go home to NYC because it's just so crowded.

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
I have had no work since mid March and I expect I will have none until september at the earliest, I work in Schools in the Uk and they are being very difficult at the moment, probably the most scared group, and without justification.
Am a teacher in the UK and I do think we have justification if you have some with a health issue and then Boris want you back in school at that time when the death rate was high. Didn't do it, not using my family for his herd immunity project.

For me it was about my family coming out alive. No government talk would make me compromise my life as a BLM community who were dying more in the UK. Use that time to write a book, read a book and think about moving home once the banks start giving mortgage loan again. As a teacher, people felt my working from home was not enough but their opinion of me doesnt matter. I knew some of my colleague who felt mentally abused by what people were saying but then we all have to make decision to protect our loved ones.

All in all, I wrote a book.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Australia was down to 370 active cases.... we've now rocketed back up to 6700 ACTIVE cases, so things are getting bad again.

I've started having dreams/nightmares of covid, because mask wearing is law in my state now, the nightmares revolve forgetting to wear a mask and being issued with a fine, and for being fined for unessential travel. I'm sure I'm going to start having nightmares of losing people to covid soon.

It's taking a pretty big hit at my mental health, so I've kind of shut down mentally a little bit. I've gone into passive mode, not taking in my media or news, and focusing mostly on watching streams, editing and organising files and tidying my apartment to keep my mind of things.

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I'm still in school, so the main thing that has affected me is that in March right as my spring break was starting they shut everything down and my school was moved to online learning. Right now they have it to where my school is going back in person in the fall (starting August 26), but masks are required and its sorta half online half in person if that makes any sense

Jarvis Phan

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
The pandemic has taken a toll on my music studio. Lots of my students are very traditional and rather not do online lessons but it definitely has given me lots of time to create piano covers for my YouTube Channel. Hopefully the world will be a better place soon!

issabelle leo

Subscriber Goal
That is definitely an issue for some with bad signal. I dare say it effects those even in the cities as well sometimes, with buildings blocking signal sometimes.

That's right. During lockdown, I see on social media that some of the teacher/ student go uphill to get better signal, even climbing trees for taking exams.

ScenicSitesAndBites

TubeBuddy Pro
scenicsitesandbites.com
Subscriber Goal
The pandemic has prevented us from being able to make travel videos, which is part of our niche so that sucked. Thankfully we have been healthy throughout, although it is hard to deal with some of the isolation. We actually made a video about how it was affecting travel vloggers like us a couple of months ago. I wish everyone good health.

Reactions: issabelle leo

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
My sister has a fever so she's getting tested for covid I have to stay home until she gets test back and I might have to be tested too

• Sad
Reactions: Aaron