• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Increase subscribers and views

belleh

Subscriber Goal
Hi, I'm Belleh and I do commentary and lifestyle. How do I increase both my views and subscribers?

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
That depends on the quality of content, type of content and your audience. I make fishing adventure videos that are basically documentary films in their own right. I compose my own music for them as well. It takes a long time to produce those. I can only get one video a week out like that.

Contrast that with a gaming channel, where only have to play a game and record what they're doing, could literally upload twice a day.

Again, in my case, I also run an online fishing tackle shop. Tutorials are easy to do. I could easily crank out three tutorials a week, but my audience doesn't want to watch tutorials. They want to see documentary films about fishing. So, I save the tutorial videos for my customers in teaching them how to use the products I sell or update them as to production times and such. I may only do a few of those per month.

Moto Mengy

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Produce 150 searchable, clickable, videos with good thumbnails, well researched keywords phrases, good titles, good descriptions that capture and hold people's attention.

Yep, exactly this.

The kicker is that accomplishing this takes time, experience, and solid commitment. Very few start out hitting all of these points, most of us need to learn by doing and progressively get better at this in order to even really begin hitting all of these points.

The most important point is to just start making videos for your channel and keep learning along the way. With dedication improvements will come naturally if you really work hard at it.

Reactions: Damon

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
As others have said making more videos people want to watch is the first part of this. Most of the larger channels have thousands of videos which means that someone searching has a larger chance upon one of their videos which could lead to another subscriber and more views.

Now you can just throw videos on YouTube and it can work but to increase your odds you need to make sure your thumbnails draw a viewers eyeballs, your titles are good, descriptions are on point, and last you have keywords that match what you are shooting videos on.

I started just throwing up content and a lot of people found my channel but when I started doing optimizations that is when it really started to take off. I'm still going back and trying to update older videos so I will say it is easier to start a good habit early of having good titles, descriptions, and thumbnails then trying to correct 100+ videos on the back end.

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Keep making quality videos and in distant time, you will celebrate 4k subscribers milestone. :cool: :heart:

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Produce 150 searchable, clickable, videos with good thumbnails, well researched keywords phrases, good titles, good descriptions that capture and hold people's attention.

Exactly this... THIS is how you BEGIN. 150 videos and you will have the tools and experience you need to grow your channel. You should jump into this with the understanding that you will need to make thousands of videos and you should start pumping them out now.

Reactions: Growing Up Walls

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
There was a great comment the other day that said make super niched down videos for your first 100 subscribers then expand a little for the next 1000 and then expand a little again as you grow. This way people will know what your channel is about and what to expect from you - I wish I had done this when I first started and hadn't filmed anything and everything.
Upload consistently, whether it's once a day or once a week, don't try and upload too often if it will affect the quality of the video or you will burn out.

Keeping up with the

Cooking with Mrs Joneses
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
You have to start by loading your videos as often as you can and then you will slowly start gaining subscribers and views. Some videos will hit better then others but it's all about patience.

Reactions: Damon

MiddleofKnowhere

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Just to echo what others have said:
1. Keep making videos
2. Make the title and description in your video very searchable. Look up other videos of similar content (if there are any) and "borrow" some wording from them so your search terms are similar
3. Thumbnail making: it's an art AND a science. If you can engage people with your thumbnail it should help. Always view your thumbnail at 18% sizing so you can see what it will look like small. If any words are still legible then you're most likely good on text size. After that make it compelling and clear. I'm still learning how to make good thumbnails.
4. As someone else stated: share your videos on FB (make a page for your channel separate from your personal page), instagram, twitter, reddit (this one is important due to all the communities and searching going on), etc. Blanket marketing will help spread your brand. Using good hashtags and @'ing companies if you do product related stuff, will help spread your message, brand, and channel.
5. Engage in your community if you have one. Any comments you receive should be answered (well ones worth answering) the more people engage in the video via comments, the higher on search results videos tend to appear.

Keep creating. :)

Reactions: Fabien LIVESTRONG

nate polmateer

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
That depends on the quality of content, type of content and your audience. I make fishing adventure videos that are basically documentary films in their own right. I compose my own music for them as well. It takes a long time to produce those. I can only get one video a week out like that.

Contrast that with a gaming channel, where only have to play a game and record what they're doing, could literally upload twice a day.

Again, in my case, I also run an online fishing tackle shop. Tutorials are easy to do. I could easily crank out three tutorials a week, but my audience doesn't want to watch tutorials. They want to see documentary films about fishing. So, I save the tutorial videos for my customers in teaching them how to use the products I sell or update them as to production times and such. I may only do a few of those per month.

When researching, It looks like I should be doing review videos to start in my niche (finance) So I have done that for my first three videos. But not all my videos will be reviews although my next video is another review video. Did you find when you started you felt locked into doing a certain type of video? Or no you just did your documentary fishing videos?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: EM CHUCA and Damon