• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips How to increase watch hours?

Keeping up with the

Cooking with Mrs Joneses
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I did all the popular videos back then before I was monetize as well as making at least 10 to 15 minute videos and I posted daily.

dcrafted

TubeBuddy User
www.dcrafted.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't even care when i shoot or edit the videos as to when i will complete these goals, I focus more on the work, as i know once my Work is acknowledged, i can get 10 times better watchtime than that.

Pooper2471

I'm sorry, but I think that responding to this question with "make more engaging content" is the equivalent to telling someone with depression to "just be happier".

Telling someone to make better content when they ask this question is a bit undermining.

Reactions: Toyteller

Volquez Robloxx

Subscriber Goal
Don't just add extra video to one you already finish editing because it would be longer. Though this practice seem like a brilliant idea, your audience will notice quick if it's being forced and not genuine. Also try slowing down a bit and not rush the process, instead trust the process. Go back and be your own critic, see where you can advance, and what needs to go.

Hope this helps,
Volquez Robloxx

MiddleofKnowhere

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
How to increase watch hours: Produce content (that you want to make and is engaging), make good thumbnails, have a title that's engaging, make sure your title and description have keywords to really tap into search engine optimization so people find it when they google or youtube serach, spread the word by utilizing social media--good # and @ tags are important, invest in decent lighting and sound equipment--your phone can serve as a good camera but if lighting or sound sucks people won't stay to watch, finally familiarize yourself with filming and editing techniques by watching other channels as well as how-to vids.

Oh and I don't know if length really plays into it. I've had 5 min videos and I've had 17-20 min videos. I don't think length plays as much a role as quality. If it sucks the viewer in, they'll stay for the duration.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
While those numbers are a fair representation of average video length across platform I dont think anyone should adhere to that simply because that's what everyone else does @Ameen.

One of the things I look at when I do tutorials is the length of the videos currently topping the search for that topic. If they are all 10-12 minutes long I will aim for a 4-5 minute video (and vice versa) as a means of capitalizing on people searching for a shorter (or longer) video.

One of the keys on YouTube is to be different, and that imcan be a monumentous task. But if you can find a way to do things different (including video length) it is simply another opportunity to stand out.