• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips How to increase watch hours?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
The best way to 4k watch time hours in a month, is to be so amazing at making videos that you you're undeniuable, but unfortunatly very few people are that talented at making videos. I do think the longer your videos (there needs to be purpose for the length, not just long videos for the sake of making long videos) improves the chances at getting more watch time.

Also, livestreaming can help if you're a super engaging person. That said, the only reason anyone would want 4k watch time in a month is JUST to make money, and I'm sorry to say, but even if you get 1k subscribers and 4k watch time in a month, you still won't be making much money.

There's very little money to be making from monetisation. You're much better getting sponsorship deals, or a side job. Some people struggle to make 100 a month from ad sense... meanwhile, with a part time job or with affiliate sales, you can make much, much more than that.

The audience will see through the desperation of watch time for the sake of monetisation. Making youtube videos for the sake of money only, is a big reason why YouTubers are hated so much by other industries. And your audience will see right through it. There are better ways to make money than through monetisation.

Mario So

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Like what some said above. There is no shortcut. You have to put in the work, create consistent, engaging content, find a niche, learn how to target keywords, create compelling thumbnails, exciting titles (but not clickbait).

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Beanie nailed it... the best way to hit 4k is to make videos that get a lot of views/watchtime. That means making great videos with undeniable thumbnails. If you are looking for a little boost I would suggest doing a good 1-2 hour livestream a couple times per month.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Encourage your viewers to speedrun your playlists at 16X speed lol.

I'm kidding, don't do that.

• Haha
Reactions: RandomFamilia

KnucklesGamingRevolu

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I agree here because I used to just upload videos before taking this seriously and now I talk throughout my videos also started doing setup videos on best settings etc. Longer and keep talking keep people engaged.

I suggest uploading 10 minutes or more videos
Heard that Youtube favor longer videos
But make sure you manage to engage your audience

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
The best way to 4k watch time hours in a month, is to be so amazing at making videos that you you're undeniuable, but unfortunatly very few people are that talented at making videos. I do think the longer your videos (there needs to be purpose for the length, not just long videos for the sake of making long videos) improves the chances at getting more watch time.

Also, livestreaming can help if you're a super engaging person. That said, the only reason anyone would want 4k watch time in a month is JUST to make money, and I'm sorry to say, but even if you get 1k subscribers and 4k watch time in a month, you still won't be making much money.

There's very little money to be making from monetisation. You're much better getting sponsorship deals, or a side job. Some people struggle to make 100 a month from ad sense... meanwhile, with a part time job or with affiliate sales, you can make much, much more than that.

The audience will see through the desperation of watch time for the sake of monetisation. Making youtube videos for the sake of money only, is a big reason why YouTubers are hated so much by other industries. And your audience will see right through it. There are better ways to make money than through monetisation.

THIS :D so good :)

• Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws

TheCannyKing

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Keep videos precise and not so long, make a video on what people want to watch instead of just pushing out content

Reactions: Baz

Baz

TubeBuddy Pro
I've been wondering on how to complete 4K watch hours in just a short period of time, like around 1month. Anyone who has the best practices or strategies that can share
Bring out a video that intrigues a wide audience. People will watch stuff they are into, or several different videos regarding different categories like a tech video or a How To video

Ameen

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
5-10 minutes is the best .... according to my experimenting to the point is better