• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips YouTube Is Not Easy - Accepting This Is Your First Step

#ThreeQuotesThursday

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think the biggest thing is when you make a video youΓÇÖre really proud of and it bombs but then one you think wonΓÇÖt do that well does! It definitely keeps you guessing and is never boring! Patience patience patience

JessBookgirl75@gmail

Extremely Well-Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I too agree with the very first post. Keep fighting for your channel and never give up. With my channel, it's for people who would enjoy seeing me read my short stories, book reviews, and visiting bookshops (before the coronavirus came along).

Moto Mengy

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Anything worthwhile takes effort. My channel is still very new, I've made mistakes already and I'm sure I'll make more down the road, but failure is how we learn and improve so I look forward to my future mistakes!

ESLAAH

So True, we will definitely get their, all we have to do is try to exercise patience and work, and we are here to help each other grow, so fingers cross
YT: ESLAAH SO EUNIK

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I always say that to most people YouTube will be a marathon not a sprint. It will take a lot of hard work and dedication. Sure a few will blow up over night but most people will have to work hard for years always trying to improve before they reach their first 1000 subs and some will never make it no matter how much they try. Do it because you love it, do it because you enjoy it.

Welcome to Gaming

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
This is so True!!! I've been on YouTube for a few years. Took it seriously from early 2018. But I only really "got it" literally about 8-10 weeks ago. targeting too many Keywords etc in a Video... targeting the wrong keywords, blah blah blah. So Video Views are growing rapidly now (small channel still...gone from 700 views per day to peaking out at 4500 on a weekend in just 8 weeks) But not once during the last 3 years have i stopped loving it. I'm kinda addicted to it and i actually love the Stats/Analytics side of stuff as much as the creating side. Got my goals for this year and December 2021. But not once do i want to achieve something by next week for example!
I was wondering what you meant by this? Do you not max out your tags with the 500 characters available or do you mean too many different keywords that don't focus on one topic?

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
@Welcome to Gaming Non-Relevant Keywords. Even though you think they're relevant, they're really not. For example, I'd include Tags like "Easy Cocktails", "Rum Cocktails" etc in a Mojito Video, alongside 4 or 5 Mojito Tags. At face value you think they're relevant, but they're really not. And that was my downfall. Focusing on the Big Niche Keywords, as opposed to the super focused.

Welcome to Gaming

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
@Welcome to Gaming Non-Relevant Keywords. Even though you think they're relevant, they're really not. For example, I'd include Tags like "Easy Cocktails", "Rum Cocktails" etc in a Mojito Video, alongside 4 or 5 Mojito Tags. At face value you think they're relevant, but they're really not. And that was my downfall. Focusing on the Big Niche Keywords, as opposed to the super focused.
Yes that what's I thought. Weird thing is though, some of my old videos with those type of tags have got decent views whereas my recent ones with scoring keywords only gather a few views. I'm kind putting that down to the amount of time the old videos have been on the platform though.

Goode Life Outdoors

Subscriber Goal
I think the biggest thing is when you make a video youΓÇÖre really proud of and it bombs but then one you think wonΓÇÖt do that well does! It definitely keeps you guessing and is never boring! Patience patience patience

It is DEFINITELY never boring! I started my channel because I spent so much time out in the woods, or on the water, and wanted to make some use of the waiting time. Most of those hunting and fishing videos haven't performed all that well for me, though, the ones I created for "filler" have done really well! Successful or not, I'm having fun, and if that stops, I might as well quit.

#ThreeQuotesThursday

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
It is DEFINITELY never boring! I started my channel because I spent so much time out in the woods, or on the water, and wanted to make some use of the waiting time. Most of those hunting and fishing videos haven't performed all that well for me, though, the ones I created for "filler" have done really well! Successful or not, I'm having fun, and if that stops, I might as well quit.
Sounds like a plan and a good one at that, if it isnΓÇÖt fun anymore, either stop or switch it up so it is.