• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips YouTube Is Not Easy - Accepting This Is Your First Step

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Becoming a YouTuber has become a very popular pastime for a lot of people. Especially thanks to the current virus pandemic and people staying home with little to do for entertainment. In a way what was already a difficult process has now become even harder to do. Starting a channel and growing an audience on YouTube is not as easy as just making a video and uploading it. YouTube is a process that requires hard work, patience, belief in yourself, and a little bit of luck.

Once you accept this reality you'll be on your way to a good opportunity to grow your channel. Be patient. Take your time and enjoy the experience. Learn as much as you can. Experiment with different kinds of ideas to see what works and what doesn't. Figure out your ideal audience, the viewers you are making your content for. Keep working hard no matter how slow it feels or how pointless it may seem. Give your channel a chance to be exposed and found. Don't give up so easily. The journey is just as important as the destination.

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
This is so True!!! I've been on YouTube for a few years. Took it seriously from early 2018. But I only really "got it" literally about 8-10 weeks ago. targeting too many Keywords etc in a Video... targeting the wrong keywords, blah blah blah. So Video Views are growing rapidly now (small channel still...gone from 700 views per day to peaking out at 4500 on a weekend in just 8 weeks) But not once during the last 3 years have i stopped loving it. I'm kinda addicted to it and i actually love the Stats/Analytics side of stuff as much as the creating side. Got my goals for this year and December 2021. But not once do i want to achieve something by next week for example!

Chewbacca sketches

It's especially when you work by yourself. A lot of people start out with just a Phone and some microphone that found at best buy.

The best, and I mean the Best feeling is when you can get help. For every person you get on board is one less thing you gotta worry about.

Just get as many friends and family to work with you as possible. Don't worry about their talent or experience, (try to show them a few you tube videos on the subject that can help them understand whatever position they're in better).

I'm not pretending that this is going to fix all of your problems, but man does it help.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Becoming a YouTuber has become a very popular pastime for a lot of people. Especially thanks to the current virus pandemic and people staying home with little to do for entertainment. In a way what was already a difficult process has now become even harder to do. Starting a channel and growing an audience on YouTube is not as easy as just making a video and uploading it. YouTube is a process that requires hard work, patience, belief in yourself, and a little bit of luck.

Once you accept this reality you'll be on your way to a good opportunity to grow your channel. Be patient. Take your time and enjoy the experience. Learn as much as you can. Experiment with different kinds of ideas to see what works and what doesn't. Figure out your ideal audience, the viewers you are making your content for. Keep working hard no matter how slow it feels or how pointless it may seem. Give your channel a chance to be exposed and found. Don't give up so easily. The journey is just as important as the destination.

The hardest part is starting with who you want to help in mind. A lot of people start only wanting to benefit themselves, and sadly that shows in their content. If you know who you want to help, entertain, etc. at the start it goes a long way :D

OP
OP
BraveStar

BraveStar

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The hardest part is starting with who you want to help in mind. A lot of people start only wanting to benefit themselves, and sadly that shows in their content. If you know who you want to help, entertain, etc. at the start it goes a long way :D

Wise words from Master Kan himself.

giphy (1).gif

lexxanah

You are absolutely right and it gets really tough at times but you have to keep pushing. One thing i notice is that when your heart rally is in something it doesn't feel as hard or it doesn't feel like you're failing because you genuinely love it!! it comes natural and it feels good... last week i gt 5 new subbies and i went crazy it felt so good that someone is interested even if it was 5 people that's a lot in my eyes !! lol I'm loving the process

OP
OP
BraveStar

BraveStar

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Best advice I was given was donΓÇÖt give up. IΓÇÖve learned a lot from TubeBuddy. And I am addicted to the stats on this page too. Thanks. Sandra

Best advice ever. Many start YT, as Andrew said, for themselves but if you really want to succeed you have to create content that ppl wanna watch. If you can combine doing what you love with creating content ppl wanna watch you have the perfect start to a recipe that can produce amazing results.

Reactions: Hutchings Farm
OP
OP
BraveStar

BraveStar

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
You are absolutely right and it gets really tough at times but you have to keep pushing. One thing i notice is that when your heart rally is in something it doesn't feel as hard or it doesn't feel like you're failing because you genuinely love it!! it comes natural and it feels good... last week i gt 5 new subbies and i went crazy it felt so good that someone is interested even if it was 5 people that's a lot in my eyes !! lol I'm loving the process

I won't deny I started my channel with the intention of making money and that's not entirely a bad thing. But I expected it to just happen, to be easy. Turns out I was wrong in so many ways. Good thing is I realized it and with the help of amazing ppl like Andrew, the TubeBuddy crew and several Youtubers I finally understood what I was supposed to do. Sadly I was forced to put my channel on the back burner for a while but I'm ready to make a comeback and try again. This time, I'm more prepared and ready to tackle work head-on. I want to both entertain and enjoy it too.

Reactions: TakeEachDay

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
It can be challenging but so worth it! I post videos almost daily. Which isn't easy working part time and being a single mom to an almost 2 year old. I promote my videos quite a bit. Sometimes I see a growth other days it takes weeks before my channel budges. I hope that one day I can see my channel really taking off.

Reactions: BraveStar

EggCreatorGaming

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I am buzzing for ranking 2 keywords per video, I'm feeling like a world star, I will be famous in about 50 years:), I'm just hoping people will click click click

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yep itΓÇÖs really hard not to get down about subscribers and views. However for me itΓÇÖs documenting a journey. It in itself has ups and downs. IΓÇÖm finding my movo atm is waning due to my sons escalating behaviours from lockdown. IΓÇÖm in a tough niche being autism family. However the direction IΓÇÖm going is going to be very different from other autism families. IΓÇÖm not posting for now but posting for a year down the track if that makes sense. IΓÇÖm getting many of the bugs out and teaching myself how to film well and branding my channel for the future. I have goals but IΓÇÖm also realistic about how much actual work itΓÇÖs going to take. Motivation is definitely easier when you can join in with forums like these. They often give you a boost

Reactions: EggCreatorGaming

Chill Out Z

Subscriber Goal
Very true. I was quite inconsistent with my channel recently so my growth just came to a halt(though it was more a hobby). I then had to start experimenting and working hard to grow it again and will upload at least monthly.

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
It might not be easy, but once you get the hang of it, it will become a habit of yours to make videos.

Kevin Cross

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Excellent advice given again @BraveStarrTG This is so true in so many ways until you realise it's going to take hard work and lots of hard work you may never make it on youtube!!

Skillay

TubeBuddy User
www.skillay.com
Subscriber Goal

Agree with your comments, keep on learning and never give up is the answer.

Reactions: EggCreatorGaming

EggCreatorGaming

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
It definitely feels pointless but I am always remembering that whatever I create might be there for a really long time...you never know who will find your content