• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help How do I ADD my finished Thumbnail to my video?

Dumpling

I have completed my Thumbnail, now I want to add it to my video. I am using YouTube Studio. Once I complete the Thumbnail there isn't any explanation as to what to do next. It is for my very first video.

AurigaDave

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.astronomyshows4schools.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
you have the option of adding a thumbnail below the description area when you upload/edit a video. you cannot edit a thumbnail until the video is 100% uploaded (I.e. you cannot edit during upload the way you can with tags). Open the thumbnail editor and you can choose to use a clip, or upload your thumbnail etc. choose your option and save

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I add mine through YouTube studio when you edit there is an option for thumbnails I click on that and add from saved photos

Reactions: AurigaDave

dean the rat

Known Member
easy way is download you finished thumbnail from were ever you made it at, go to yt studio, click upload thumbnail were it shows youtubes processed thumbnails click upload, and find your finished thumbnail, i hope you figure it out, i have a windows 10 so i dont know if its the same for other computers

Reactions: AurigaDave

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I have completed my Thumbnail, now I want to add it to my video. I am using YouTube Studio. Once I complete the Thumbnail there isn't any explanation as to what to do next. It is for my very first video.

first make sure you verifed your account. https://youtube.com/verify on the video edit page You can get there through TubeBuddy drop down, my videos, hover over the video hit the pencil, Then scroll down to thumbnail and upload.

moved this to YouTube discussion, since this is not a TubeBuddy question.

HeresJonnyy

I add mine when in YouTube Studio. You should be able to do it if you go the edit details section and scroll down to the upload thumbnail option.

any problems, don't hesitate to contact me