• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Gear Question Laptop for editing

BMGamingYT

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I was going to buy a laptop for editing but I instead went with the 2020 IPad Pro 11, it handles 4K videos with no issue, never had a stutter or a crash yet, depending on your budget you should think about something like that

Jarvis Phan

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
You can consider using a MacBook since you have Apple products already. Final Cut X and Logic Pro X is pretty user friendly as well.

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
You can consider using a MacBook since you have Apple products already. Final Cut X and Logic Pro X is pretty user friendly as well.
Agreed. They're expensive, but they're half designed for those kind of activities, especially with the touch bar now. You can also (from last time I looked) get external gpu enclosures so you can expand on your GPU if you need to upgrade your graphics in a few years.

zeista

i used my laptop to edit video and work.

basically if u want to use your PC or Laptop to editing / rendering a Video or 3D Design,
looking for processor that have more core. simply 8 core processor better that 4 core processor.
after processor, next you have a RAM at least 16GB
then a VGA minimal 2GB, recommended 4GB Memory
if you want more speed, you can use a M.2 NVME SSD for the DISK.

my laptop is ASUS ROG GL553VD
i7 gen 7th (8 cores)
RAM 16GB
VGA GeForce 1050
SSD M.2 NVME 128GB (for OS and Program)
HDD 1 TB (for Data n Workspace)

For my latest video,
Rendering 4K video about 15 minute.
Final file its about 4GB
i took only 15 minutes to rendering. and the laptop heat not to hot (normal) when processing it.