• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Life The 'Perfect' Cup of Coffee (or Tea)

EnglishwithLiz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Daily I drink Tea - regular black, chamomile, peppermint, liquorice and green with jasmine - all great for different times of the day.

Coffee is an occasional drink. Hubby helped set up a coffee washing station in Rwanda a couple of years ago and was close to becoming a Q grader. He bangs on about quality of beans, blend, roasting & brewing and for us the one country that consistently gets it right is Italy - even their vending machines serve great coffee. Our favourite coffee shop is Cafe Ducale in Martina Franca, Italy https://goo.gl/maps/XetSHXfvVPWo5TJh7

Reactions: residentcasuals

EnglishwithLiz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Milk is last, always last.
How very modern!

Milk during the last century was predominantly put in first. The trend now is definitely to be put in last, but suspect that is due to more people drinking black tea and so it's easier to say ' do you want it white?' and add it after. I believe it does not effect the chemical reaction that changes the structure of the tea - now that is a whole different argument :)

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't make coffee really. I just to to my old day job and grab a cup of Joe there. It's most awful coffee you've every tasted, but I drink it black purely for the caffeine to help me think, plan and study.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
How very modern!

Milk during the last century was predominantly put in first. The trend now is definitely to be put in last, but suspect that is due to more people drinking black tea and so it's easier to say ' do you want it white?' and add it after. I believe it does not effect the chemical reaction that changes the structure of the tea - now that is a whole different argument :)
This is literally the argument. The "milk first" proponents say adding hot tea to the milk scalds the milk a bit and give more dimension to the resulting drink. The "tea first" crew seems to think that (1) it doesn't matter, or (2) it makes team taste weird, or (3) you are just trying to start a fight.

residentcasuals

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
How very modern!

Is that true?? Teabag first, then hot water (remove teabag) then add milk/sugar etc. It seems like the most sane way to do that surely? The last century was full of craziness to be fair.

Darrenowain

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Not a lover of coffee, but if do have a cup, then it has to made with a teaspoon of coffee and a cup of hot milk