• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Life The 'Perfect' Cup of Coffee (or Tea)

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
If you're an avid coffee/tea drinker, let me know how you make it everyday :)

Since I'm Vietnamese, iced coffee is a staple. It's just called Vietnamese iced coffee (or ca phe sua da). It's simple to make, yet (non-Viet) coffee shops always mess it up! I'm a sucker for trying out how people make Viet iced coffee. Once, I asked the barrister and they said they don't put condense milk (or if they do, it's a bit) :cold_sweat:

Anyways, to start my morning, I get about two tablespoon of condensed milk. It has to be sweeter than usual. If you taste it and think, "It's just right" then you need to add more xP
Then, if I have ground coffee for the month, I'll put some dark roast through the french press. It has to be strong and concentrated. If I don't have ground coffee, I just use some Vietnamese brand instant coffee because they're good for making Viet iced coffee.

After that, I add in a splash of milk. At this point, only half of the cup (or 1/3) is filled. Then I'll add in the ice and this will mellow out the sweet. If it was 'just right' before, now it'll be bland and watered down. And that's what I'm drinking right now :)... even though it's not the morning at all XD

Overall, it's a strong cup of coffee that can (and will) keep you up late at night haha.

How do you make your coffee?

(I envy people who can drink coffee straight black)

Reactions: Mario So

Mario So

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Can't do straight coffee either.

I shot a broll sequence making some Dalgona (Whipping) Coffee. And yes, it's because everyone is making it. :) It wasn't as good as I thought mainly because they suggest to use instant coffee and personally I think instant coffee sucks.

Anyway, I have a nespresso machine and a milk frother. It's easy to use and the coffee quality out of those little pods is great! Can get a nice shot of espresso some days, or a nice capuccino or latte. I add a bit of organic brown sugar and oat milk. ;)

Since I'm Vietnamese, iced coffee is a staple. It's just called Vietnamese iced coffee (or ca phe sua da). It's simple to make, yet (non-Viet) coffee shops always mess it up! I'm a sucker for trying out how people make Viet iced coffee. Once, I asked the barrister and they said they don't put condense milk (or if they do, it's a bit) :cold_sweat:

Anyways, to start my morning, I get about two tablespoon of condensed milk. It has to be sweeter than usual. If you taste it and think, "It's just right" then you need to add more xP
Then, if I have ground coffee for the month, I'll put some dark roast through the french press. It has to be strong and concentrated. If I don't have ground coffee, I just use some Vietnamese brand instant coffee because they're good for making Viet iced coffee.

After that, I add in a splash of milk. At this point, only half of the cup (or 1/3) is filled. Then I'll add in the ice and this will mellow out the sweet. If it was 'just right' before, now it'll be bland and watered down. And that's what I'm drinking right now :)... even though it's not the morning at all XD

Overall, it's a strong cup of coffee that can (and will) keep you up late at night haha.

I love Iced viet coffee by the way! Have you tried Hong Kong style milk tea mixed with coffee? It's good!

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

I like a vanilla latte plain and simple, or a coratado both are good :D

Reactions: Mario So
OP
OP
Ikerot

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I shot a broll sequence making some Dalgona (Whipping) Coffee
I didn't know that it was trending on TikTok (was searching it up) :O I saw it once due to YT recommending me a video of it. I thought it was interesting but haven't gotten around to actually making it. I get ya on the whole instant coffee, though my family has a lot more instant coffee than they do any ground (or whole bean) coffee xP

Anyway, I have a nespresso machine and a milk frother. It's easy to use and the coffee quality out of those little pods is great! Can get a nice shot of espresso some days, or a nice capuccino or latte. I add a bit of organic brown sugar and oat milk. ;)
Nice! I don't have an espresso machine myself (just a french press and a siphon coffee maker), but I wished I had one lol. Used to have a keurig before I tossed that away during a roach infestation D:

I love Iced viet coffee by the way! Have you tried Hong Kong style milk tea mixed with coffee? It's good!
I haven't! I searched it up. Is it called yuanyang? So it's milk tea with coffee? Never thought about the double dosage of caffeine :thinking:
Consider that I have both tea and coffee, I'll give it a go this week :)

I like a vanilla latte plain and simple, or a coratado both are good
I like vanilla lattes too, though sometimes I can't decide whether I like mocha more or not lol

Slice of Shekira

Subscriber Goal
I drink tea if I don't drink water!

Tea: vanilla chai with a bit of milk and a drop of honey when I want something sweet! (This probably wouldn't be considered sweet if you put a lot of sugar, syrup, sweetner, etc in coffee or tea, but it's really good regardless. I recommend giving it a try. Or Green tea since I almost always have it lol.

On the daily I usually just stick to water though because I'm plain Jane :cool:

Pooper2471

I'm personally trying to lose weight, so I've been keeping it black.

Dark Roast or Columbian are my two favorites. Eight O' Clock is amazing.

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Am I the only one who donΓÇÖt drink Tea or Coffee ??

oh ! I drink Green Tea ...

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I drink regular coffee with a bit of Oatly oat milk added. No dairy for me and Oatly is the only non-dairy I've found that has the same consistency as regular milk.

Kids Fun

TubeBuddy Pro
Hello,
I love making a Keto iced coffee! It is so delicious! I love lots of cream in my coffee and it takes heavy whipping cream!

residentcasuals

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
As an Englishman all I can say is for a cup of tea is remove the bag before you put the milk in and you are ok in my book. Anyone who pours milk over the teabag is a monster.

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
As an Englishman all I can say is for a cup of tea is remove the bag before you put the milk in and you are ok in my book. Anyone who pours milk over the teabag is a monster.

What? You are going to avoid the "milk first, tea fist" debate? My English friends love that argument.

residentcasuals

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
What? You are going to avoid the "milk first, tea fist" debate? My English friends love that argument.
Wait, that's a debate?? Hang on my friend I need to understand what you are saying. Do you add milk before adding the teabag and hot water?

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
With a pot (not cup) of tea, my friends have an argument over whether you pour milk then tea. or tea then milk.

Reactions: residentcasuals

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
the packets of coffee I go with couldn't be any easier. Rip the top off, empty contents into mug, add boiling water and boom, done. It includes the milk and sugar in the satchel :)
I do want to try JackSepticEye's "top of the morning" coffee though.

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
the packets of coffee I go with couldn't be any easier. Rip the top off, empty contents into mug, add boiling water and boom, done. It includes the milk and sugar in the satchel :)
I do want to try JackSepticEye's "top of the morning" coffee though.

Sounds like the Nescafe 3-in-1s. I always see them outside of the US. Really popular in Asia in general in hotels. Never really see them in the US though.

And don't get me started on the number of times people from Melbourne claim they have the best coffee in the world...

AussieBangerz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I rarely have a coffee but would normally go for a huge cappuccino... Pretty boring right..

@Ikerot .. Have you tried Luwak Coffee?