• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Mobile Gear does anyone else use their regular phone to record videos, what do you use for good liting,

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Personally I edit straight on my phone (S10+) using Kinemaster… avoiding the switch from iPhone to iPad may prevent the conversion?
I would do this but IΓÇÖm blind lol canΓÇÖt see a thing. No not really blind but my eyes are shocking so have to do mine on iPad. IΓÇÖve just ordered my Mac book pro so that will make things much better I hope

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

AJ Faith & Fitness

TubeBuddy User
I have been using an iPhone 5S (my old phone) for recording most of my video. I started using the front camera, now moved on to the rear camera... that made a big difference on it's own. I also have an iPhone 7 Plus (which is my current phone), however have not been recording with it due to needing it for other things as I record. My biggest issue with recording is lighting as well, and plan on investing in some lighting in the near future to help with this issue. So far I have just been playing with the angles to get as best of a shot as possible, without blowing out the shot. Coincidentally my main mic right now is the iPhone 7 Plus... it is serving its purpose at the moment, however would like to upgrade to something else for a mic, something i could also connect to a computer.

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
iPhone 11 Pro here!! and it smashes my videos. I have trialed a Panasonic Lumix GH5 and a Sony A6400 and they couldn't get near the quality of my iPhone! They always blur when i shake cocktails and waft my hands about! Which i have a tendency to do...A LOT!

Lighting wise, i have a pretty well lit studio.
- 2x 750W (5500k) Daylight Fluro Bulbs - each Kit cost $35 (£28 UK)
- 3x 16w (6500k) Cool White normal LED Lighbulbs. (2 above my head. 1 above the Phone/Camera where a ringlight would normally go) - each Bulb cost $12 (£10 UK) plus a cheap $5 fitting to a Plug.

All off Amazon

SOOOO Cheap! Had them 2 years... haven't replaced any of them yet!

MR TECH YT

Subscriber Goal
Yes! I am a tech channel and have business that deals with a lot of tech! Therefore I have acess to some really good cameras! But I use my phone still, firstly becouse it's fast to setup and get shooting right way. Sometimes can't be motivated to shoot a video becouse of the fear of getting the camera out and setting it up ect but with the phone I just get it out and shoot! Phones these days or almost good as camera, most people on YouTube won't be able to tell! The phone I use is the IPhone Se 2! Like that phone so much I have done 4 videos on it on my channel!

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Not sure what your budget is but check out the hardware store for shop lights. They are typically cheap holders with clamps for ~$10 then buy a bright bulb. You could probably buy a few and stay under $50 to make sure the lighting is good.

Here is a video cheap lighting that I watched to get some ideas.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U61AA-CTc5c