• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How often do you publish vids?

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
How often do you publish videos?

I tend to daily. I've heard this is a good practice to even do it up to 3 times a day if you can. However I have noticed that when I post multiple times per day (my videos tend to get an average of 300-400 or so views lately) my first video may get 100-200 views and my second will get under 100.

I'm just thinking is it helping my channel if my videos are ranking lower but having more videos published?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

I tend to daily. I've heard this is a good practice to even do it up to 3 times a day if you can. However I have noticed that when I post multiple times per day (my videos tend to get an average of 300-400 or so views lately) my first video may get 100-200 views and my second will get under 100.

I'm just thinking is it helping my channel if my videos are ranking lower but having more videos published?

Once a week on TubeBuddy Channel, and once a month currently on the personal, but I'm working on ramping up the speed on the personal channel! :D

• Wow
Reactions: Perfect Relaxation

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I've heard this is a good practice to even do it up to 3 times a day if you can.
Huh, who said that? :thinking: I have the opposite reaction when I see someone posts daily or even 3 times a day.

I have an irregular schedule now because I haven't been doing well on keeping schedule o_O

Reactions: Eclecticstyle

SimulatorMike

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I was doing 3 a day and dropped down to 2 a day. This is my first week and still waiting to look at the results at the week's end. But doesn't seem to have slowed my views any. I just dropped my least performing series and kept the top 2 performing playlists.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
It's horrible how inconsistent I am with my videos. this month I've posted 2 (if you include my NYE video) this year. BUT my new video is about 20-30 minutes long.

If I just do quick speed drawings (people prefer my traditional tutorials) I can knock out 1-2 a week, sometimes more. I once posted like 3-4 in one week.
In the early years I'd post several times a week, sometimes daily. Other times I'd be lucky to get one video out a month. Being an artist I've also struggled with burnout, life, depression and all that "fun" stuff which can make producing content difficult.

I don't beat myself up over it anymore though. I "know" consistency is important, but at the end of the day I'm in it to serve an audience, to entertain, and to express my art. I don't care too much what growth I get out of it. I just like drawing things and sharing it, and that takes as long as it takes.

talking head videos are super easy for me to make though.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Impossible to post 3 fishing videos a day. Can't climb Mount Everest 3 times a day. Can't cross the Atlantic Ocean 3 times a day. Can't hike the Appalachian Trail 3 times a day. Can't upload a round-the-world flight three times a day. Can't cross the Outback, Sahara or the Serengeti 3 times a day.

You have to post at a pace that complements your niche, audience and the logistics of the type of content you want to produce.

Reactions: Goode Life Outdoors

RazzBarlow

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I'm going to agree with what Damon said. You've got to post at a rate that is comfortable to you. I would worry less about quantity and more about quality. Instead of going for multiple videos per day, work on doing the best video you can, regardless of how long it takes.

For myself as a viewer, if someone was posting multiple times a day I would flame out from watching too much. It does nothing to attract my view.

TheLyricSnitch

TubeBuddy Pro
I heard that once to three times a week is a good combo, of course that is with good content.
I just started in Jan. and since the 'Rona, I've been off and really unmotivated...I have the content all written out...anyways, my aim is 1 to 2 videos a week so that I can get 100 videos under my belt.

Reactions: Damon

Lee DG

Subscriber Goal
I try to post 1-3 times a week but with everything going on lately itΓÇÖs harder as we are in lockdown and I need to try and keep a schedule more consistent for my daughters, than my vids, do what you feel is working best and ask your viewers for their input as it comes to scheduling, time of day to post them, hope it helps :)

Reactions: Damon

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I used to publish 3 a week, but found that pace hard to maintain. I cut back to 2 a week and can maintain it better. Also, I find it helps my views. I think my viewers would check every few days - and only watch the latest video. As soon as a new one hits, the old one dies. Having only 2 a week gets better views per vid. Total views stays about the same, so maybe not so important.

Reactions: Travel Interesante

Mario So

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Impossible to post 3 fishing videos a day. Can't climb Mount Everest 3 times a day. Can't cross the Atlantic Ocean 3 times a day. Can't hike the Appalachian Trail 3 times a day. Can't upload a round-the-world flight three times a day. Can't cross the Outback, Sahara or the Serengeti 3 times a day.

You have to post at a pace that complements your niche, audience and the logistics of the type of content you want to produce.
Yeah I agree. You have to post at a frequency that complements your niche and audience. I can see a couple of times a day working for certain content but not for other content. I post once a week, at least I try to.

zhugelianges

Recognized Member
I'm trying to decide the same thing but it seems that daily is something that kickstarts views... therefore thinking of daily vlogging - but need to keep it relevant, that's my struggle!
I think quality must be over quantity
Not trying to push too hard on schedule, but rather focus on quality of video I published~

Reactions: TubeBuddy

MUTTNUTT'S REVIEWS

Subscriber Goal

I post 3 days a week but i am working on adding more days soon

Reactions: ASMRSadie

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal

I run with the news. My subscribers need to hear my perception of events relating to Africa as it is happening in the news so I dont have a schedule. Once there is a viral news out there I must have live stream to talk about it or a video to address it and get people talking. For my channel, I end up posting like 2 times a day if there are breaking news. There are weeks I post once though if the news is not that virals. I do have videos that the watch is below 50 when I post them but something I have seen over time is that one day, something happens that is link to that news and the video start getting hits. One thing I learnt newly is to prune my old video and make them private if I need to.

Reactions: ASMRSadie