• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Life Every holed up and dug in?

SimulatorMike

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
not much changed here since I work from home lol, other then my teenager is home daily now.

• Love
Reactions: Damon

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Wife is a teacher, she's done for the year but I'm still working (thankfully). I'm in the middle of nowhere, won't affect me. Wife and daughter going stir crazy so we are rolling the dice on a little hotel trip to Padre Island this weekend. Hoping to get some content filmed!

Hope everybody else is in good spirits and staying healthy!

Reactions: Damon and Ikerot

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
At home, no mandetory lockdown (yet) but a ban on gatherings over 100, probably more like bans on people over 10 now. My grandmother is in lockdown.

Australian government has supposedly introduced protection for renters to avoid evictions and homlessness.
This is the start of the school year for Australia. They haven't shut down schools yet, but the government has closed down private schools...

I'm just staying home, editing, drawing. Still got probably a month's worth of food, a couple of weeks of germ killing soap, 2+ weeks of TP maybe more, 10kg of rice and a 10liter water. So hoping I'll be ok. but I fear this will last for months, which is why it's important to flattern the curve as best as we can.

I really fear for America, and for my country with our flippant "nothing's wrong" governments.

• Love
OP
OP
Damon

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, we're taking it seriously here in Alabama. All schools and universities are closed. No gatherings over 25 allowed. 6 feet of separation between people. All restaurant are closed for dine-in and restricted from serving drinks. You can only go through the drive through.

Even our church no longer meets, we're doing everything online via live streams and Google Hangouts.

This is probably going to be as bad or worse than the 1918 Spanish Flu outbreak.

Also don't forget your body can fast for quite a while without food depending on how body fat you have.

I read a book by Ted Wright years ago. He was a old fellow who lived through the Battle of Britain as a kid. In the book he talks about how to survive natural disaster, war, famine, disease. He also talks about how people think that the government will just helicopter in in a disaster and save them. It's sad.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
My state goes into lockdown except for essential services this tuesday. I don't always like to be paranoid, but I'm glad I started bracing for this a month ago when people said that was an "overreaction"

I should be comfortable for a few weeks. Keeping mentally strong will be the challenging one.

White Bread

TubeBuddy Pro
Hi guys!

It is good to hear that people (on here at least) are staying more positive. Some of the other social platforms have exploded with chaos and the "end of the world" scenario...(it has been my experience at least...)

I'm staying at home doing our art projects, my husband is still working, which is a good luck break for us, ironically. Most of our neighbors are at home. Everything is closed down. The streets are full of cheery kids playing in the sun (that is kind of optimistic), there is a lot of joggers and dog walkers enjoying the sunny days. I must admit, it is nice to see so many people outside trying to catch the sun and distract themselves from the ominous news.

I just heard that the government is going to ban all travel, it will even be unrecommended to drive anywhere in your car, unless you are going to the store to get groceries. I don't know if any of you guys heard anything like that.

There is a bizarre electricity in the air, this fear of the unknown, very strange to witness it. Sometimes, it feels like this is not happening and I am just reading some post-apocalyptic fiction novel, but then I shake my head from the fantasy and realize, that this is happening and we are all partaking in this.

Just unreal!

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
My state goes into lockdown except for essential services this tuesday. I don't always like to be paranoid, but I'm glad I started bracing for this a month ago when people said that was an "overreaction"

I should be comfortable for a few weeks. Keeping mentally strong will be the challenging one.

So "lockdown" doesn't include going out for excercise, and going to retail shops it seems. Lots of things are still open. But my state premiere has warned that "next stage restrictions" are coming soon.
If you have a party at home you'll be arrested.

I hear in Korea and Russia, anyone who was found on the street would face 5 years imprisonment.

Imagine charing a prison cell with a murderer because you felt like going for a walk to the park o_O

• Haha

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
We started in home quarantine almost 3 weeks ago. We could still go out, but were supposed to practice social distancing, and only go out for essentials. Schools closed 3 weeks ago also.

We are only 6 km from town and 20 km from the city, and it may as well be another island!

Last week we went grocery shopping, in the city, and good thing too... the next day they closed the city. Only decent meat is in the city, at one store (I have about 6 weeks of meat & veggies). Now we are on an almost total lockdown. Only one quarantine pass per household (we got it in my wife's name). So only one person can leave the barangay (village). She can go to the town or city for groceries - if she can find a ride. The tricycles (motorcycle with sidecar) are still available in town, but out we live, good luck. IF you can get to the city, the only option is a public bus, closely monitored. No taxis, no Grab. The only stores open in the city are "essential" like grocery stores, pharmacies, hardware stores etc.

Domestic travel is been shut down, no buses, no ferries, no domestic flights. Almost all international flights have been shut down. My wife's quarantine pass will get her into our city, but no other. Almost all provinces have closed their borders as well (basically like a US county). Strict curfew from 8 PM- 5 AM, unless you have a work pass. They are taking the lockdown pretty seriously here, which is good because the Philippines medical facilities are quite limited. They would be easily overrun with cases - and still might be?

On the plus side, SM Mall (one of the biggest operators in the country) said the stores owe no rent during the shutdown. The electric company is not taking meter readings. The phone company said not to worry about paying the bills until after the lockdown is over. The barangay brings bottles of hand sanitizer door to door, and are working on food parcels. Immigration said if your visa expires during the lockdown, you have 30 days after it is lifted to renew, with no penalties. They are trying to help out.

Our problem is going to be potable water... soon...

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
Yeah, I don't understand an alcohol ban. Alchohol makes a great disinfectant.
Well... just drinking alcohol, not medical ha ha. This is the Philippines. Back in the old country, Texas passed a new law that during the lockdown restaurants can deliver drinks (beer, wine, and mixed drinks) as long as they are delivering food also. Texas wants to keep people home & drunk - here they think the drunks would be more likely to break curfew. I have enough for 2 or 3 more weeks, and will be staying home like a good boy :cool:

• Haha

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, I don't understand an alcohol ban. Alchohol makes a great disinfectant.
Hospitals can't afford to treat alcohol related injuries if people overindulge, pass out, need stomach pumps, head injuries etc. It's to prevent injuries weather they happen or not, So I can understand why. We haven't QUITE got to alcohol bans yet, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

if she can find a ride. The tricycles (motorcycle with sidecar) are still available in town, but out we live, good luck. IF you can get to the city, the only option is a public bus, closely monitored. No taxis, no Grab. The only stores open in the city are "essential" like grocery stores, pharmacies, hardware stores etc.

This is the part that scares me the most. If they shut down public transport in my city... LOTS of people are.... (insert expletive here)

What I'd like to see however, is taxis and ubers turned into delivery vehicals so people can order online, and taxis and ubers deliver the food to people. That will save folks needing to go outside and taking up too muc space inside of shops.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
What I'd like to see however, is taxis and ubers turned into delivery vehicals so people can order online, and taxis and ubers deliver the food to people. That will save folks needing to go outside and taking up too muc space inside of shops.
To me that only makes sense. But here, they banned taxis and uber? (well Grab, as we have no Uber or Lyft) I have no idea what they are thinking. Even to catch a ride in them, would be better social distancing than the jeepneys (our mass transit version of a 'bus')

RazzBarlow

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I work in an "essential service" field, so it's been pretty much business as usual for me. My wife works in travel (from home) and she's been bored out of her skull. Obviously not too many people are travelling right now. We are fortunate in that we prepared for a "disaster event" a few years back. We live in earthquake and wildfire country, so we made the mutual decision to do some common sense preparations. In no way are we "doomsday preppers". So, we don't have an insecurities about the essentials in life. I will admit that I didn't see the panic buying and hoarding of toilet paper coming. But we're doing OK on that front for now. It is a bit of an eye-opener and when this particular feces cyclone blows over, I will be making some modifications to our preparedness plan. A recent job change has me working 6 days a week, so I have been struggling to find time and energy to create YouTube content. I do miss that, for sure.

OP
OP
Damon

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, were about to go into lockdown here. Since my YouTube channel is the major part of my business, it's business as usual, but my fishing tackle part will stop this Sunday as all non essential businesses will shut down in my town.

I still plan to upload, I just won't be able to do any fishing videos.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, were about to go into lockdown here. Since my YouTube channel is the major part of my business, it's business as usual, but my fishing tackle part will stop this Sunday as all non essential businesses will shut down in my town.

I still plan to upload, I just won't be able to do any fishing videos.

Maybe you can do some stuff on fishing maintenance or things to practice at home? All good things that are relevant! :D

• Love