• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice How To Growing Subscriber Numbers Using Limited Social Media?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I wholeheartedly agree with @Damon on this one, that mindset is all wrong. While you may not pick up 'as many' subscribers you will pick them up, it's all part of the journey. And many will see you again and if they remember you and like what you do you'll get them on the next go around. Focus on making the best content that you can and never stop improving. The numbers will come, don't sweat them.

Reactions: Damon

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I am new YouTuber I have only 40 subscribers what to do how to grow my channel please help me
There is a lot you have to learn. For starters, it doesn't matter if you have 40 or 40 million... you have got to make good content and part of your journey is learning how to do that. Watch and learn from the guys who know it best: Nick Nimmin, Dee Nimmin, Roberto Blake, Derral Eves. It doesn't happen overnight and you need to plan on this being a several year endeavor before you 'make it.' And 'making it' is not going to be the experience you think it is. Enjoy making content and make good content... the rest will come.

• Love
Reactions: Damon

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I say make your content speak for it'self. I'm not into politics (though I often find myself debating it haha!) but in terms of numbers, just make your content, and the presentation of your content, look more impressive than whatever numbers you may or may not be getting.

I've seen some fantastic artists (completely differant niche, but the theory still applies) with very tiny sub counts, 15 subs, but with art getting hundreds of views because their art and their videos are fantastic with fantastic thumbnails.

If you can present your videos well that are watchable (great personality driven) and can present your content in a way that looks like a professional made it, rathe than someone learning to use MS Publisher, then people were instead be saying "this person deserves more subs" rather than discrediting you for your sub count. Make great content that's presented well and people will naturally share.

For me personally, I don't "trust" a channel that has poor design, just like I don't "trust" a business with a really shoddy logo. A company with a really bad looking logo, and bad presentation makes me think there's something wrong with the company where they aren't professional enough to present themselves professionally. The same goes for a channel, if the thumbnails are busy and look like a school kid learning computers did it, the banner is a mess, and the display picture doesn't seem professional, I'll assume on face value, that the content will also be low in quality, so I won't even bother clicking.

If a channel has well thoughtout design (even if you go with fiver or a designer friend to help you) that will give your audience the impression that you're professional and know what you're talking about. Even if you don't have the numbers to begin with, you'll have visual social proof, and you need that visual authority to persuade audiences you know what you're doing and taking your channel seriously.

Everything else will come organically from that.

I never told my family about my channel. I hate facebook, and I've never really bothered sharing my content on other platforms except for occasionally on twitter. I let my content do it's own thing and be found. Maybe if I put more effort into promoting myself I'd be even "bigger" but 5 years, 25 thousand subscribers, 6 million overall views, and I haven't done much more than just put my heart into my videos, and care about how they're presented, I believe with the right presentation, the videos will speak for themselves and people will naturally share without having to ask them to :)

Just my 2 cents.... or a whole novel here haha :p hope it's helpful food for thought.

• Love
Reactions: honey ko baby

RazzBarlow

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I'm a big fan and proponent of organic growth vs paying for ads or promotion of social media. Keep concentrating on making quality content and the viewers and subscribers will come. Be patient, hone your craft and just keep grinding it out. "If you build it, they will come."

Reactions: Beanie Draws

AurigaDave

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.astronomyshows4schools.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
Hi Brandon
I would start by saying any political site will attract those who like it and those that will criticise it as that is the nature of politics, so be ready to avoid 'flame wars' with some commenting on your videos...they ARE watching them :)
Likewise when writing political videos try to be sensible and whilst being partisan do not insult (unless this is your aim) opponents.
publish every new video on FB and Twitter and again accept that there are many who will see you 'ad' who will disagree with your stance and ignore it. For this reason unless you can target any paid advertising to those who support you, you may be wasting your money....paying to advertise Beef to vegans is a waste of money!