• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Opinion Favorite Social Media Besides YouTube?

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
It depends on time, Twitter is probably my go to next followed by Facebook because of the groups I'm in. I keep trying to get into Instagram but get bored looking at pictures.

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
reading all these Twitter responses... it's quite funny, as twitter really dies in the UK. It's not really a thing. In the sense that YouTube isn't that bigger deal in the UK compared to the likes of Facebook and Instagram. I'd love Twitter to be as active within communities in the UK but it really isn't. The mentality is more about DMs in Instagram. Of course. thats a massive generalisation. But i'd say a pretty accurate one.

For me, my favourite Social Media is Instagram. I do a lot of Story based content. BUT...if i had the ability to do storys on YouTube, i'd definitely use that. I LOVE creating Story content. I also find it funny, because for my business, most of my interaction actually comes via Facebook Posts. I'd use FB Stories more, but no one really watches Stories on Facebook!

• Love
Reactions: TubeBuddy
I have a love-hate relationship with Facebook. It was the last of the major social networks that I joined, reluctantly at the time. Yet Facebook Live has long been my primary destination for livestreaming shows (even as I've added multistreaming) and it's a powerful place social network to reach your audience in a variety of ways. I don't always look forward to being on the platform that much outside of the live video and outreach features.

Reactions: Steve the Barman

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
Facebook Live has long been my primary destination for livestreaming shows (even as I've added multistreaming)

Wow...genuinely intrigued by this! Honestly.... does FB Live really give you that big an Audience?!
I know the analytics can be a little skew whiff on FB. They'll tell you you got 1000 views, when the reality is, you had about 25 people watching the Live, then another 10-15 watching the replay. It's obvs proved successful for you, but why FB over YT Live?? Just curious. (I have a passionate HATE of FB Video! :innocent: :joy:)

Wow...genuinely intrigued by this! Honestly.... does FB Live really give you that big an Audience?!
I know the analytics can be a little skew whiff on FB. They'll tell you you got 1000 views, when the reality is, you had about 25 people watching the Live, then another 10-15 watching the replay. It's obvs proved successful for you, but why FB over YT Live?? Just curious. (I have a passionate HATE of FB Video! :innocent: :joy:)
I've been getting between 3.5k and 8k views on the twice-monthly show I host on the StreamYard FB page. I know many are short views, but there's typically an active chat.

• Love
Reactions: Steve the Barman