• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Opinion Favorite Social Media Besides YouTube?

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I spend most of my time on YT. Facebook is second, by default (but I am not on it much). I tried twitter and it seemed like dogs barking into the wind. I post a couple pics on IG. Twitter and IG just seem like truncated versions of FB, so what is the point? (does that mean I am old ha ha)

Reactions: TubeBuddy

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
For me it would be a tie between Instagram and Twitter... I hate the way content is "discovered" on Instagram though so I'd likely say Twitter. Although they both have their downsides.

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I spend most of my time on YT. Facebook is second, by default (but I am not on it much). I tried twitter and it seemed like dogs barking into the wind. I post a couple pics on IG. Twitter and IG just seem like truncated versions of FB, so what is the point? (does that mean I am old ha ha)

For me that's how I feel about FB XD I see a lot of misinformation, and such.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Tied between Instagram and Twitter.

Instagram because it's all visual, duh :p

Twitter because it's really easy to interact with folks and have a broad discussion. Unlike Facebook, you can't pretend Twitter is private, so you're aware anything you do is visible to EVERYONE.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I guess I'll be the black sheep here. I was a huge fan of Google+ till it got shut down. I was there when it was invite only and stayed till it was gone. Most people didn't like it but I liked how it was everything good about FB minus all the crappy stuff. I never really liked FB, I had around 150 "friends" mostly family the rest friends from my childhood but never quite got used to using it. Couldn't have any kind of debate because they were family and friends and any disagreement easily turned into drama and loss of friends or fights with multiple family members. I deleted my FB account a couple of months ago and never looked back and it felt good.

Now that I don't have neither Fb or G+ I am dependent on Twitter as my only social media. I don't do photos much so Instagram is not for me at the moment. I tried several alternatives like such as MeWe, Pluspora, Minds and others and just couldn't find one that could match G+ or even FB.

Reactions: Jonnoi
OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Tied between Instagram and Twitter.

Instagram because it's all visual, duh :p

Twitter because it's really easy to interact with folks and have a broad discussion. Unlike Facebook, you can't pretend Twitter is private, so you're aware anything you do is visible to EVERYONE.

I really like that point about Twitter! I do enjoy IG a lot too, but twitter is my favorite :D

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I guess I'll be the black sheep here. I was a huge fan of Google+ till it got shut down. I was there when it was invite only and stayed till it was gone. Most people didn't like it but I liked how it was everything good about FB minus all the crappy stuff. I never really liked FB, I had around 150 "friends" mostly family the rest friends from my childhood but never quite got used to using it. Couldn't have any kind of debate because they were family and friends and any disagreement easily turned into drama and loss of friends or fights with multiple family members. I deleted my FB account a couple of months ago and never looked back and it felt good.

Now that I don't have neither Fb or G+ I am dependent on Twitter as my only social media. I don't do photos much so Instagram is not for me at the moment. I tried several alternatives like such as MeWe, Pluspora, Minds and others and just couldn't find one that could match G+ or even FB.

I tried G+ but no one I knew seemed to be on it, so I never stuck with it. It looked pretty good. Never really warmed to MeWe either. I still can't wrap my head around twitter - it really feels like people just yelling into the wind... I use a browser app (FB Purity) to filter my newsfeed on Facebook. It helps clean out the trash - which is why I don't like to FB on my phone - no feed filter. :)

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yea, G+ was a bit tricky at first. I had to find people from a random post I searched for and then find more people from those people and as we all shared circles (what they called groups of people under specific categories we set up) our follow lists got bigger and bigger and the G+ feed would be full of people's posts. I eventually curated my circles and had an excellent feed full of interesting posts of different kinds of categories from tech to politics to music and even food and personal daily life stories. I miss it so much.

I agree with Twitter. It mostly seems like everyone is just making a statement regardless of what anyone else said before or after and when someone's comment does get noticed it can be either the greatest thing ever or the worst nightmare ever. I got called a troll by someone I was a big fan of just because they thought I was making fun of one of their comments in one of their videos. I wasn't but got labeled a troll and every other popular person who knew him pretty much sided with him. I can only be happy I am not memorable enough to be affected by this in the future if I ever became popular as well.

EmzChad

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
www.reallysimplerecipes.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
I find twitter is a lot easier to grow, it's always moving and I also like Instagram for the visual aspect. I recently spoke with a social media manager who is very successful and he advised that Instagram is where you need to be.

• Love
OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I find twitter is a lot easier to grow, it's always moving and I also like Instagram for the visual aspect. I recently spoke with a social media manager who is very successful and he advised that Instagram is where you need to be.

IG is where a lot of brand deals are happening, but finding a focus and carving a niche for yourself is difficult.

Reactions: EmzChad

People's Bookkeeper

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Star
Outside of YouTube, I mainly stick to Facebook. I plan on having a special group page one day down the line as a perk of a membership tier, but that's a ways off yet. I honestly suck at instagram and twitter lol.

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Outside of YouTube, I mainly stick to Facebook. I plan on having a special group page one day down the line as a perk of a membership tier, but that's a ways off yet. I honestly suck at instagram and twitter lol.

Twitter is easy for me. Follow people you enjoy, and engage in conversation. A long the way, others that agree follow, and join you too :)

Reactions: Ikerot