• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Tips What is your channel's value proposition?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello! Knowing your channel's value proposition is KEY! It helps you identify who you want watching your content, and what content you can shape around that! Here's mine:

Value Proposition for Andrew Kan: I help You (Creators) overcome the hurdles stopping You from accomplishing your film goals, using the expertise and methods I did, I believe if I kan you kan too!

This has helped me focus down to create content that has performed better, and kept my creative mindset going by showing people what to do!

My question to YOU, is what is your YouTube Channel's Value Proposition?

Here's a Mad Libs Style Example:

Value Prop Filter.png

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I'll be honest, I don't have a "Value Proposition/Conceit" which I know is a mistake but I've just never really thought about it. I started my channel like one of the most ignorant persons on the Internet having zero knowledge about how to run a YT channel. As if I was joining YT back when it started and you just made videos and uploaded. I had no idea about SEO, tags, keywords or even TubeBuddy. I started learning just these past few months how it all works and to be quite frank I am overwhelmed with knowledge and ideas that I am stalling my channel till I get myself reorganized and ready to apply all this knowledge properly.

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I started learning just these past few months how it all works and to be quite frank I am overwhelmed with knowledge and ideas that I am stalling my channel till I get myself reorganized and ready to apply all this knowledge properly.

That's why it's so important to get the value prop down. IT helps you remember who you are focusing on when it comes to your content. If you make content for everyone, then you're really making content for no one. However, if you're making content for people who love gaming, but don't have the time to play the games, that's A LOT more specific and workable. However, it's finding YOUR voice that is the hardest part.

Reactions: BraveStar and Damon

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yea, I rebooted my channel this year but I failed to have all this knowledge when I did thus the reboot was, to me, a failure. So, I may have to try it again, this time more prepared.

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Being a retired military guy, I call it my vision statement. I know what it is in my mind, and I tailor my videos to my niche, hobby farming, but i haven't written it down. I need to do that.

I know it as elevator pitch from a film background haha. I'd love to hear yours once you write it down. Writing it down can help A LOT!

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I'd say it would be information. So my value propositions would go; "My channel will teach you about Myths, folklore and Legends with a bit of fiction sprinkled on the side."

That's a great start! Maybe think of something like so you can learn life lessons or something like that! Really would tie it back to the viewer :D

Reactions: Damon

FHFanatics

TubeBuddy Pro
blog.familyhistoryfanatics.com
Subscriber Goal
We help people understand DNA, climb their family tree, and write their ancestors' stories.

This is what we do. "
The "why" is to strengthen families by connecting :eek: our past. But we don't take ourselves too seriously. We believe that if family history isn't fun, you're doing it wrong.

I'm struggling to put the "What", "Why" and "How" together succinctly.

• Love
Reactions: TubeBuddy

FHFanatics

TubeBuddy Pro
blog.familyhistoryfanatics.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello! Knowing your channel's value proposition is KEY! It helps you identify who you want watching your content, and what content you can shape around that! Here's mine:

Value Proposition for Andrew Kan: I help You (Creators) overcome the hurdles stopping You from accomplishing your film goals, using the expertise and methods I did, I believe if I kan you kan too!

This has helped me focus down to create content that has performed better, and kept my creative mindset going by showing people what to do!

I like the if I Kan you Kan too. I love puns.

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
We help people understand DNA, climb their family tree, and write their ancestors' stories.

This is what we do. "
The "why" is to strengthen families by connecting :eek: our past. But we don't take ourselves too seriously. We believe that if family history isn't fun, you're doing it wrong.

I'm struggling to put the "What", "Why" and "How" together succinctly.

Value Prop Filter.png

[/QUOTE]

This might help you! This adlibs style :D

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Mine is more of a spiritual philosophical one. I want others to understand the difficulties of autism but also how it is a positive part of my son. I want to give people hope and advice on being an active, project driven family rather than letting disabilityΓÇÖs stop you. My vision is to provide hope and fun in a sometimes difficult world, living with disabilities.

Kevin Cross

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
My sons channel initially started to get him off his Ipad/Kindle and to actually do something instead of watching other people. Nowadays he prefers live streaming of his gaming rather than watch others play the games. He also gets a kick out of it knowing his channel is growing. What he doesn't understand yet is how Dad puts the hard work in. If at the end of it he makes monay a bonus. If not then at least i have learned some great skills and gained some valuable knowledge that one day i can pass onto him.

EggCreatorGaming

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Good point Mr. Kan, I like your question a lot:
For Mobile Gamers, who want/need a mobile game review, my youtube videos are providing game reviews.
I have just started...my reviews are far from the best, I am still messing up a lot, I think my voice it's horrible sometimes, I am doing lots of mistakes, I am posting a lot but my videos are unedited...I feel like a small fish in a large ocean...

Ca55i31984

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
My sons channel initially started to get him off his Ipad/Kindle and to actually do something instead of watching other people. Nowadays he prefers live streaming of his gaming rather than watch others play the games. He also gets a kick out of it knowing his channel is growing. What he doesn't understand yet is how Dad puts the hard work in. If at the end of it he makes monay a bonus. If not then at least i have learned some great skills and gained some valuable knowledge that one day i can pass onto him.
That's awesome my boys are doing the same thing. Instead of watching they are doing. I tought them what I know so far, and now they are live streaming and editing for Youtube. They are even learning on TubeBuddy app as well. It turns out they are pretty good at it and, they love it. At the end of the day, that is what matters.

• Love
Reactions: Kevin Cross

Ca55i31984

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

Here's a Mad Libs Style Example:

View attachment 4780
For new wives and/or new mothers who need easy cooking, baking, inspiration, or just a good break from thier lives to unwind with me and my family. My content will provide easy meal prep ideas, not so complicated food ideas, inspiration for new mothers and/or wives need sometimes and family fun.

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
For want to lower their eco footprint or want to turn waste into organic fertilizer
Help guide the setup of and maintaining a way to compost food scraps (worm bin, bokashi, etc..)
Provide videos on setup, maintenance, and use. Also different ideas and comparisons on different approaches.

Reactions: Amanda Summers